Tips for general maintenance?

FlyboyEUC

Just wanted to write a post so other newbies like me can prevent a castrophic failure. A while ago a posted about my all the trolley handle screws falling out due to vibration. The other day a screw that holds the handle to the telescopic rail came out who know when and severely inhibited the functionality of the trolley. When I got home from work I noticed a rettling inside my wheel when I tipped it upside down. I thought it was the screw from the handle. Upon removing the LED light strips I noticed that 3 screws were missing. I found 2 that were rattling around and 1 was gone. Additionally, when I was inspecting the pedals I noticed that I was missing a set screw that keeps that shaft in the pedal! Who knows how long that's been gone!

Needless to say the person who told me that maintenance on wheels is just plug it in and pump the wheel was wrong. I recommend periodically checking for loose or missing screws. 

If anyone has some recommended maintenance tips I'd greatly appreciate it. I purchased blue loctite and plan on putting it on every screw I can get to.

On another note, I rode in the rain for the first time today (not purposely) and I got pretty wet. I wiped the wheel down and let it dry. Anything else I should worry about?

Archived