Jump to content
Boubalou

Edit : MCM5 800Wh (p.2)

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

800Wh (or 777Wh exactly). 84V wheel:)

Yeah, of course you're right. I was thinking of my KS14S.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I keep getting tempted by this wheel but I tell myself to hold off and see what KingSong will have soon with their new 16x.

If this wheel had the same taper shaped shell, but came in a matte black/rubberized look material, had no fake vents, the handle hole went all the way through to the other side, and the shell was continuously rounded/the lines of each side were clean(like if the shell didn't have the gotway logo sticking out at the bottom and if the shell sides were smooth with none of those ridges or rectangular dips/cutouts) the wheel would look so much better (IMO) and I would have a much harder time resisting and probably would have bought one.

MCM5 Stealth

@Jason McNeil suggest to gotway that having different shell styles would be cool.  I understand variety would probably have to be limited due to costs but maybe even 1 additional style with a rugged clean minimalistic look for their wheels would be a nice option for those who hate the default look.

 

Edited by Heyzeus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

:efef77eaf5: Buy one, you'll love it.

Get Thee behind me Satan

 

I know, i'll just buy an MCM5 and duct tape a king song shell over it, greatest mashup of all time

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Heyzeus said:

Get Thee behind me Satan

I know, i'll just buy an MCM5 and duct tape a king song shell over it, greatest mashup of all time

:laughbounce2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Heyzeus said:

I keep getting tempted by this wheel but I tell myself to hold off and see what KingSong will have soon with their new 16x.

:confused1: 16X will be a totally different class of wheel, and much heavier due to the 1600Wh (I suspect taller than the current 16S due to this reason as well).

 

1 hour ago, Heyzeus said:

the handle hole went all the way through to the other side,

Easy fix.

Just buy an extra set of shells, then replace the non-cutout side shell with the extra cutout side, sealing off the empty trolley handle stick holes somehow.

 

1 hour ago, Heyzeus said:

@Jason McNeil suggest to gotway that having different shell styles would be cool.  I understand variety would probably have to be limited due to costs but maybe even 1 additional style with a rugged clean minimalistic look for their wheels would be a nice option for those who hate the default look.

Never gonna happen (at least from the manufacturer direct).

You're basically asking them to pay 5-6 figures for a new mold, combined with new engineering problems like cooling, water penetration isolation, alternating/interlocking mirrored design to minimize on cost, shell integrity (or lack thereof, Gotway haters would say), etc, etc.

This would be the realm of 3rd party 3D-printing I'd say, ala how @EUC GUY 3D-printed himself a new Ninebot One 16" design.

 

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Never gonna happen (at least from the manufacturer direct).

You're basically asking them to pay 5-6 figures for a new mold, combined with new engineering problems like cooling, water penetration isolation, alternating/interlocking mirrored design to minimize on cost, shell integrity (or lack thereof, Gotway haters would say), etc, etc.

This would be the realm of 3rd party 3D-printing I'd say, ala how @EUC GUY 3D-printed himself a new Ninebot One 16" design.

Yeah, I would never realistically expect it to happen with the current model, but if there's enough demand out there perhaps on future models they might consider having 2 options of style (a la kingsong, though to be fair, king song only changes the color not the mold).  I know in some cases Jason's gotten manufacturers to make changes (larger pedals, no kingsong logos) but I imagine in this case these changes would be a little too much for a model that is already in production.

Guess I'll have to buy a giant 3d printer and learn to use it someday.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Heyzeus said:

(a la kingsong, though to be fair, king song only changes the color not the mold)

LOL, even there, King Song has discontinued wide availability of alternate colors due to low, one-off type demand.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2019 at 7:16 AM, houseofjob said:

Just buy an extra set of shells, then replace the non-cutout side shell with the extra cutout side, sealing off the empty trolley handle stick holes somehow.

Even easier. Use a holesaw on the blank side to pass a lock through. When mine has a bit of "patina" I'll do it. 🤘

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×