Jump to content
Boubalou

Edit : MCM5 800Wh (p.2)

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Boubalou said:

ED, it’s on an other wheel, it can’t be a MCM5.

Surprisingly, it is possible to reach those speeds. Here is a video that was posted a while ago. Cut off speed was 52 Km/h

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ED209 said:

Surprisingly, it is possible to reach those speeds. Here is a video that was posted a while ago. Cut off speed was 52 Km/h

 

Jesus! that looked awful.  A love the way the two pedestrians did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For 18mph to 20mph is a comfy cruising speed, I dont think I could hit 28 due to weight. Occasionally I'll get to 25mph but at those speeds or higher I'd rather be on a larger wheel. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Thanks @Smoother . I recalibrated with it vertical yesterday and it does seem less inclined to flop about. I do like tilt back though and I was having a lot of trouble getting that to work properly. I had set it up to 33km/h and it was still tilting at around 24km/h. I have resolved that now and I think the issue is that Wheellog does not adjust it. The setting is there and the wheel beeps when you change the speed, but it does not do anything. The trick is to use the Gotway app to do all the setup and then exit and go back to Wheellog. It is sweet now and I did a 25km ride today with 55% battery remaining indicated at the end. My average speed was 20km/h and my peak speed was 31.6km/h. Very happy with this wheel now it is dialed in and I have had a chance to get accustomed to it. The slim design is a winner as I have said before, but the power! That translates to a rock solid feeling up hill and down dale. It just does not move (on hard setting). It is a terrific wheel.

Edited by chopsywa
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have reached 38-40 km/h and it felt stable...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Chopsywa happy to see that all is ok now. 

Yes yourtoys, I’m 68 kg and with a full charged battery the wheel began to beep (80% alarm) around 38 km/h but it’s always very stable, I never feel in danger... 

I’m so happy with this wheels. Today I received the two pads, I will do a try next week with to see if I can tighten the wheels and continue at high speed when the road is well bumpy. 

Also I would like to know if someone have a solution for water projection. We can easily think that the wheel is well covered but in fact no. This morning I was completely dirty in my back when I arrive to the job.

You can see here a picture which shows that the protection is not low enough...

 

 

7DF0658B-887A-455D-ACB8-E375CB71570A.jpeg

Edited by Boubalou
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw somewhere (wish I remembered where and I would link it) where someone made a mudguard out of a flexible piece of plastic that they attached using some 3m type tape.

Perhaps something like this mudguard could be modified to fit

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Heyzeus said:

I saw somewhere (wish I remembered where and I would link it) where someone made a mudguard out of a flexible piece of plastic that they attached using some 3m type tape.

Perhaps something like this mudguard could be modified to fit

Now that you mention it, I wonder if @EUC GUY's new cork based MSuper mudguard would work on the MCM5. I'll have to take a look tonight.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2019 at 9:54 PM, Marty Backe said:

Now that you mention it, I wonder if @EUC GUY's new cork based MSuper mudguard would work on the MCM5. I'll have to take a look tonight.

Hi Marty,

Have you do a try to see if Msuper mudguard worked on the MCM5 ?

 

Yesterday was a sad day, the Solowheel is dead! These last days I learned the wheel to my wife, and as she was doing well I proposed a ride and I had the good idea to go along a river. I leave my wife hand to change sides and go to the side of the river, and as I slow down to pass behind her, she was unbalanced, she jumped and the wheel continued alone in the river 😄.

It took less than 2 seconds for it to sink and sink forever into bubbling bubbles. I could have come back and tried to fish it but it will make a better fish reef 🥴

Before leaving for the ride, I looked for something to hang the wheel to his pants but I found nothing fast so I did not look...

I’m looking to buy another wheel, perhaps with good opportunity a KS14s or KS16s.

 

I fall two times in the life of my Solowheel, and in this two times I arrived to jump and run but the wheel have done a big distance before to stop. The second time I arrive to sprint and take the wheel !!! 

For the third time I see this, I would like to find a solution to hang the wheel, I imagine if it hits a child! I think of something like a dog leash but with a carabiner instead of the handle. Do you have an idea ?

Edited by Boubalou
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Boubalou said:

Hi Marty,

Have you do a try to see if Msuper mudguard worked on the MCM5 ?

 

Yesterday was a sad day, the Solowheel is dead! These last days I learned the wheel to my wife, and as she was doing well I proposed a ride and I had the good idea to go along a river. I leave my wife hand to change sides and go to the side of the river, and as I slow down to pass behind her, she was unbalanced, she jumped and the wheel continued alone in the river 😄.

It took less than 2 seconds for it to sink and sink forever into bubbling bubbles. I could have come back and tried to fish it but it will make a better fish reef 🥴

Before leaving for the ride, I looked for something to hang the wheel to his pants but I found nothing fast so I did not look...

I’m looking to buy another wheel, perhaps with good opportunity a KS14s or KS16s.

 

I fall two times in the life of my Solowheel, and in this two times I arrived to jump and run but the wheel have done a big distance before to stop. The second time I arrive to sprint and take the wheel !!! 

For the third time I see this, I would like to find a solution to hang the wheel, I imagine if it hits a child! I think of something like a dog leash but with a carabiner instead of the handle. Do you have an idea ?

Wow, that's so sad (and your story is funny :)) about the Solowheel. I think about this sometimes when I'm riding next to a river :cry2:

Just now I grabbed my extra EUC Guy MSuper mudflat and took it to the MCM5. Yes, it does look it would attach nicely. I haven't done so because the MCM5 has good enough protection for me.

Edited by Marty Backe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Boubalou said:

Hi Marty,

Have you do a try to see if Msuper mudguard worked on the MCM5 ?

 

Yesterday was a sad day, the Solowheel is dead! These last days I learned the wheel to my wife, and as she was doing well I proposed a ride and I had the good idea to go along a river. I leave my wife hand to change sides and go to the side of the river, and as I slow down to pass behind her, she was unbalanced, she jumped and the wheel continued alone in the river 😄.

It took less than 2 seconds for it to sink and sink forever into bubbling bubbles. I could have come back and tried to fish it but it will make a better fish reef 🥴

Before leaving for the ride, I looked for something to hang the wheel to his pants but I found nothing fast so I did not look...

I’m looking to buy another wheel, perhaps with good opportunity a KS14s or KS16s.

 

I fall two times in the life of my Solowheel, and in this two times I arrived to jump and run but the wheel have done a big distance before to stop. The second time I arrive to sprint and take the wheel !!! 

For the third time I see this, I would like to find a solution to hang the wheel, I imagine if it hits a child! I think of something like a dog leash but with a carabiner instead of the handle. Do you have an idea ?

If possible you should recover that wheel.  Over time the batteries will corrode and leach nasty chemicals into the water.  It would be the right thing to do to prevent this.  The environment is everyone's problem, especially if we ourselves cause a negative situation to exist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you Marty, I will buy one.

Yes Smoother, it’s the only thing why I’m sad know, because the wheel was at his end life and it’s not important for that...

Like it was near a lock, I went to the office to warn but there was no one, the office is closed the weekend and as the wheel continued alone, I can give a distance around 10 meters but not better when I come back to see if I can do something. 

The river is completely black, I don’t know the deepth, hard to climb, I can’t take the risk to go in the river for that 😕

I burned all my credits for this 6 years no car pollution 😖

Edited by Boubalou
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Boubalou said:

I burned all my credits for this 6 years no car pollution 😖

:roflmao: It's always something.  Maybe when the lock keeper comes back to work you can advise them.  There is probably a maintenance crew that keeps the river clear.  they can keep an eye out for it. Don't tell them it's your wheel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2019 at 5:54 AM, Boubalou said:

I leave my wife hand to change sides and go to the side of the river, and as I slow down to pass behind her, she was unbalanced, she jumped and the wheel continued alone in the river 😄.

It took less than 2 seconds for it to sink and sink forever into bubbling bubbles. I could have come back and tried to fish it but it will make a better fish reef 🥴

Sad and funny Boubalou. I have been taking my old MCM3 on the boat nearly every time I go out as it is great to get around the local holiday island. I load up and go out onto the floating jetty on my wheel. I have done this for 2 years without losing it, but it is always on my mind that one day. glug glug glug. :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will buy an MCM5 this spring probably, but I'm still just at 3000km on my MCM4 so I need to milk it out a bit more. About terrains, there is no terrain a 14" can't handle what I've experienced. I've never tried a 16" or a 18", but I will buy a 14" anyways and the MCM5 is relatively cheap for what you actually get.
I've been riding on snow, ice, melted snow/rain, heavy rain, water puddles, pavement, grass, soil, stones, mud, mountains (cliffs), paths with rocks and roots. Then only terrain I have not tried is sand, "frozen melted snow", lava and deep water.
Paths with a lot of rocks and roots works fine, but higher pedals would probably be better for that kind of terrain. So 18" is probably the best for extreme terrains. Just so that you can pass all the stones without your pedals colliding with the stones.
I'm super happy with 14", but since I've not tried 16/18, I can't say more :)

About the comfort - I can go 20-30km without even leaving my wheel and without feeling any ache. I think it feels very comfortable all the time even on longer distances.

Edited by Yffisch
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×