Jump to content
Elder Meat

Dualtron Spider

Recommended Posts

On 11/30/2018 at 3:27 AM, Elder Meat said:

Unboxing video with tech info: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuRkf-LZNIM

Product description: https://minimotors.sg/shop/e-scooter‎/dualtron-spider-electrical-e-scooter/

Approximate price: $2500

The spider was manufactured for the Singapore market as the “older” dualtrons exceeded the legal weight limit set by our Land Transport Authority in Singapore  

 

we are only allowed up to 20kg unladen weight  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope the Spider is sold in the US without the speed limit Singapore has. I think 45 lbs max is the sweet spot for mass transit commuters and it looks like the Spider has the range, speed and features people generally look for.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Elder Meat said:

I hope the Spider is sold in the US without the speed limit Singapore has. I think 45 lbs max is the sweet spot for mass transit commuters and it looks like the Spider has the range, speed and features people generally look for.

The speed can be uncapped quite easily if you know how

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2018 at 10:02 AM, Garrie Lim said:

The speed can be uncapped quite easily if you know how

Same way as the other dualtrons? The grey wire for each motor?

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/8/2018 at 12:38 AM, dwallersv said:

Same way as the other dualtrons? The grey wire for each motor?

this sounds awesome! do you have a link to the full DIY

 

 

EEE7A336-17DD-4745-A1B6-169811A7B302.jpeg

 

I was super disappointed to see the downgrade specs! Would be amazing to upgrade them back

 

Also @Jason McNeil when are you stocking these

Edited by Siggy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/8/2018 at 5:24 PM, Siggy said:

Also @Jason McNeil when are you stocking these

Just launched the Spider pre-order page yesterday. The product manual dimensions specs suggests that the handlebar is foldable (see link on the product page); the max speed on the Spider is 37MPH, does it really matter then if its 3600W vs 2960W? Max weight is nebulous figure, if a single motor 250W eScooter has a 100kg limit spec, there's really no reason why the dual-motor 1,320W Spider can't support a 120kg load.

https://www.ewheels.com/product/new-dualtron-spider-3000w-peak-1050wh-battery/

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/16/2018 at 12:35 PM, Jason McNeil said:

Just launched the Spider pre-order page yesterday. The product manual dimensions specs suggests that the handlebar is foldable (see link on the product page); the max speed on the Spider is 37MPH, does it really matter then if its 3600W vs 2960W? Max weight is nebulous figure, if a single motor 250W eScooter has a 100kg limit spec, there's really no reason why the dual-motor 1,320W Spider can't support a 120kg load.

https://www.ewheels.com/product/new-dualtron-spider-3000w-peak-1050wh-battery/

Awesome to see you have the spider in stock!

 

Cheeky question: Do you think it is as good as the specs would suggest :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spider almost convincing me to give another run at scooter, Daultron II EX was ton of fun as long as it lasted. Really hope these are build better...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Randomly bumped into a Raptor rider around here!

 

Got the chance to quickly test ride the scooter. It was fun.

 

Had power. I could only manage up to lvl 3 due to time constraints.

 

Considering its an older model it seemed quite impressive. It's owner mentioned the rubber tires means tire changes are easier.

This is because rather than having multiple flats then changing the inner tube ala @Esper - its a 'simple' case of change the whole tire - once it balds.

 

I'm still intrigued to test the suspension out on these scooters. 

 

Suspension. Speed. Weight. 

 

These are the main things that will make me move from E wheels

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Esper said:

I DO recommend getting high quality, puncture resistant, kevlar or carbon fiber reinforced tubeless tires

Thanks for this Esper!

 

Your input is much appreciated.

 

I monitored your thread with an eagle like precision - its very informative. 

 

Sadly in the UK we dont have as ready access to test drive Dualtrons or Speedways. Means we might have to book a little trip to visit our Parisian buddies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if pretty much any 10 inch scooter tire with work with the Spider? It says it's 10x2 inch, would a 10x2.150 tire work?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/22/2018 at 8:05 PM, eak said:

Does anyone know if pretty much any 10 inch scooter tire with work with the Spider? It says it's 10x2 inch, would a 10x2.150 tire work?

That's a good question. I remember seeing on some French forum 10x2.5 on the spider - no idea how performance was though. 

Perhaps someone else can chip in?

Speaking of chipping in does any know how to put hydraulic brakes on the spider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Siggy said:

Speaking of chipping in does any know how to put hydraulic brakes on the spider

Here's the kit for Thunder

Oil-Brake-System-for-Dualtron-Thunder-El

Should be pretty straightforward to retrofit onto the Spider, although I''d be surprised if you didn't need to fab a different bracket to mount it on the suspension arm. Any machine shop could do that -- just take the whole thing in and show 'em. Wouldn't cost too much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dwallersv said:

Here's the kit for Thunder

Oil-Brake-System-for-Dualtron-Thunder-El

Should be pretty straightforward to retrofit onto the Spider, although I''d be surprised if you didn't need to fab a different bracket to mount it on the suspension arm. Any machine shop could do that -- just take the whole thing in and show 'em. Wouldn't cost too much.

This is awesome bro! Thank you

 

I'm still deliberating between Spider, D3 and OX.

D3 at least has hydraulics already on board

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually not quite. The D3 has a hybrid system. Cable from handle to caliper, then the caliper internally uses hydraulic pressure to squeeze the pistons. Better than an all-mechanical caliper, but you'll still have the all the issues with cable stretch.

The all-hydraulic system is much more precise in transferring pressure from the handle to the caliper pistons, making the braking control so much better with feedback. Hard to describe, but you just feel like you're precisely controller the pressure as if you're squeezing the disk with your fingers directly.

There's no comparison :D I'm planning on retrofitting our Ultra with the hydraulic system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now this is interesting. Certainly learn something new everyday.

@dwallersv

I've seen d3's advertised with particular upgrades. The Magura brakes were most popular - it makes more sense now that d3 would be hybrid.

 

Are you planning on putting the above hydraulic system in - Would be awesome for you to catalogue your installation steps.

 

Has your suspension also softened over time - I understand there are rubber cartridges available to purchase to change up the suspension. I'm intrigued and would be interested to see how adjustable stock cartridges are also. 

Edited by Siggy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably going to upgrade the system on my Thunder, then transfer the stock hydraulic system to the Ultra.

Ordered 1 step softer set of suspension insert blocks for the Thunder, haven't gotten them yet. Haven't noticed the stock suspension changing over the first 1500 miles.

Edited by dwallersv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/8/2018 at 8:38 AM, dwallersv said:

Same way as the other dualtrons? The grey wire for each motor?

Can you let me know how to do it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I recently made a video on some of the history behind what happened in SG along with the Spider. It's definitely a nice lightweight package.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Good video Alien Rides, I've got the 24.5ah version Spider on the way. I'll review mine when it lands, supposedly it has slightly wider tyres at 2.25 on the new version.

Anyone know of any carry / tow handle for the Spider? The carbonrevo one looks like it won't line up on the rear but I don't know for sure.

 

Edited by Spider Manz
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear all,

I  have a Dualtron Spider purchased from Jason at ewheels. Fantastic scooter, delivers as promised and more. It does go a bit too fast for my daily commute and wife is not too happy about it.  So willing to let it go, just let me know if you are interested. Bought it last week of January. 

Marc

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/24/2019 at 7:54 AM, Spider Manz said:

Good video Alien Rides, I've got the 24.5ah version Spider on the way. I'll review mine when it lands, supposedly it has slightly wider tyres at 2.25 on the new version.

Anyone know of any carry / tow handle for the Spider? The carbonrevo one looks like it won't line up on the rear but I don't know for sure.

 

I've been looking for info on this version. Where did you buy the 23.5ah version from?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×