Jump to content
EcoDrift

New GotWay Nikola 17''

Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, Dzlchef said:

It is slimed

:blink:

:facepalm:

Ok, shutting up now...

Any idea what caused it? thumb tack? nail? glass? the worst luck on the planet?

Edited by Arbolest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dzlchef said:

I love this wheel!

 I hate this wheel!

 I love this wheel!

 I hate this wheel!

Argh!!!

 

 

Taking the wheel out for a tire “break-in” and got only a couple miles when I noticed the wheel riding and carving funny.  Thought that I might have got the tread direction flipped, but no.  I got a severe leak and ended up walking the wheel home.  I don’t have time for this bullish!t!

Well, in all fairness you can't blame a wheel for flats. That's going to happen on any wheel. Surprised Slime didn't work, but even with Slime you often have to pump the tire up. That's why I always ride with my gear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Well, in all fairness you can't blame a wheel for flats. That's going to happen on any wheel. Surprised Slime didn't work, but even with Slime you often have to pump the tire up. That's why I always ride with my gear.

Do you carry air? Link please:-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/17/2019 at 2:47 AM, photorph said:

I recently got a nikola 100v, the "y" in gotway was missing and it said "gotwa" on it.  The middle GW decal was peeling off.  The fan is loud and it just turns on w/o even riding.  Other than that, it's the best riding wheel that I've used at least.  I like it better than my msx 100v, except for trails msx wins still.  It weights 10 lbs more than the msx 100v though.  

so, which one is for sale?, lol.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

Do you carry air? Link please:-)

The YouTube Description on all of my videos have links to all my gear, including the ultra portable hand pump that has saved many a day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, yourtoys7 said:

so, which one is for sale?, lol.

 

Haha, none yet.  Both my msx 100v and nikola + are in perfect condition.  I'm trying to decide which to keep, I mean I don't have many miles on the nikola but the msx just feels tighter.  I need to get used to the nikola more to decide which one I like more.  They both have their quirks that my inmotion v8 never had, but they also have performance/range that my v8 never had either.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

I've done it - ordered just now a Nikola 1600 Wh on Ali - special action started 1 hour ago. 

Hopefully it will arrive within the specified 11 to 20 days - UPS Express.

I'm looking forward having more than 60 km mileage :) 

your v10f doesnt give you more than 60 km? O:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rywokast said:

your v10f doesnt give you more than 60 km? O:

Actually a maximum of 40 km. In the beginnung, it were about 50 km max.

That was the first but not only one 'frustration' with the V10F

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Rywokast said:

 I didn’t really think you could hand pump up a tire that size. I thought those only worked for bike tires.  I figured Marty was using some sort of pressurize can. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

 I didn’t really think you could hand pump up a tire that size. I thought those only worked for bike tires.  I figured Marty was using some sort of pressurize can. 

You absolutely can! I always carry a hand pump in my riding bag just in case! And remember, EUC tires basically ARE bike tires ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Well, in all fairness you can't blame a wheel for flats. That's going to happen on any wheel. Surprised Slime didn't work, but even with Slime you often have to pump the tire up. That's why I always ride with my gear.

Nope, can’t blame the wheel for a flat but that doesn’t make it less of a PITA to access to change.  

I actually knicked the tube replacing the tire and had to patch the tube.  It held air for 24 hours before I took it out yesterday.  It wasn’t until I was a few miles away from home before it started losing air.  I tried pumping it up but the leak is audible and too large for slime to fill.  

I won’t have a day off until Labor Day to fix but I have a new tube and nice tire wrenches on the way.  Happy to have my 16S as back up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

11 minutes ago, Dzlchef said:

I actually knicked the tube replacing the tire and had to patch the tube.

+1 for proper tools! For any job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dzlchef said:

Nope, can’t blame the wheel for a flat but that doesn’t make it less of a PITA to access to change.  

I actually knicked the tube replacing the tire and had to patch the tube.  It held air for 24 hours before I took it out yesterday.  It wasn’t until I was a few miles away from home before it started losing air.  I tried pumping it up but the leak is audible and too large for slime to fill.  

I won’t have a day off until Labor Day to fix but I have a new tube and nice tire wrenches on the way.  Happy to have my 16S as back up!

Patching tubes can be tricky. I think I'm pretty good at it now, and have even patched patches :)

That is a bummer though to have to rip the wheel open again. Let's hope this isn't a "third time is a charm" situation ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

Actually a maximum of 40 km. In the beginnung, it were about 50 km max.

That was the first but not only one 'frustration' with the V10F

geez that sucks my 16s and 14s can easily do over 60 km with 20% remaining and over 70 on the tesla

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does the trolley handle need to come out in order to access the tire on the Nikola? It appears this wheel is extremely time consuming to do a tire swap on after viewing teardown videos. 

I would prefer the ability to just disassemble one side of the shell to access the tire and/or charge port/headlight but it doesn’t appear that’s possible as both sides need to come out.

Can anyone confirm this? Thanks! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ben Kim said:

Does the trolley handle need to come out in order to access the tire on the Nikola? It appears this wheel is extremely time consuming to do a tire swap on after viewing teardown videos. 

I would prefer the ability to just disassemble one side of the shell to access the tire and/or charge port/headlight but it doesn’t appear that’s possible as both sides need to come out.

Can anyone confirm this? Thanks! 

The trolley stays but you will need to take out about 12 screws from each side to separate the sides to gain access to the tire.  It is time consuming but not very difficult. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the LED Strip on the right side of my Nikola Plus started to flicker around 2 o'clock. Oddly this only happens with any led pattern other than the blue leds. Hope replacing the strips is easy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Blank said:

So the LED Strip on the right side of my Nikola Plus started to flicker around 2 o'clock. Oddly this only happens with any led pattern other than the blue leds. Hope replacing the strips is easy.

Replacement is easy, don’t know about the cost.  The LEDs comes in a role with a sticky backing.  It’s fairly straight forward just be careful of pinching wires. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Dzlchef said:

Replacement is easy, don’t know about the cost.  The LEDs comes in a role with a sticky backing.  It’s fairly straight forward just be careful of pinching wires. 

Is it just pretty much just plug and play? Siding out the old ones and replace with new? I purchased my Nikola Plus from Jason over at eWheels and it's pretty much a week old so I can expect a replacement led strip sometime soon. Thanks for the advice!

Edited by Blank

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Blank said:

Is it just pretty much just plug and play? Siding out the old ones and replace with new? I purchased my Nikola Plus from Jason over at eWheels and it's pretty much a week old so I can expect a replacement led strip sometime soon. Thanks for the advice!

Yes,  I just did this a couple of weeks ago.  It’s plug and play.  You’ll have to cut one ore two zip ties and add some when your done.  The light strip has adhesive on the back so it was a little challenging getting it in the groove.  There is also a rubber gasket that goes on over the light strip to secure it in place .  Surprisingly easy and doable.

Edited by Sketch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there anyone having issues with the Nikola's Led, Bluetooth, Voltage Meter, and Headlight not working? So far 3 people in the NYC EUC chat reported these not working with their Nikola. Seems like it's a board issue as one got a replacement board from eWheels and the lights function correctly now.

Edited by Blank

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's so quiet here :w00t2:

 

First ride with my jaust arrived nikola.

Currently - somehow disappointed - but that's due to change with your helpp!

Which pressure do you ride?

I pumped it up to nearly 3 bar - that felt moer than labile...

It's better now - but riding slalom is a bit like the wheel tells me which direction - it' not me. And I don't like this...

The pedals are too narrow, aren't they? What are the choices for this?

Unfortunately I put these GW pads a bit low. How can I get these pads off?

I tried gotway app from an EUC store in germany - but can't connect to it. Wheellog works so far - I didn't have this before. But settings propably can only be changed by an gotway app - or am I wrong?

Can you change settings at all with wheellog or is it just monitoring?

Wheellog shows only about 61 V - but the wheel says 79 V - not fully charged.

Any help appreciated :clap3:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...