Jump to content
EcoDrift

New GotWay Nikola 17''

Recommended Posts

I have high Hopes for the new kingsong. I'm hoping it can climb like the mcm5 but with a lot more range and ground clearance.  The body on the mcm5 is very low, the pedals are pretty low and the tire isnt very wide but as long as it has traction it will go up some very steep trails.....I'm just not done doing it when when it needs to charge :roflmao:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

If you're looking for a new experience, buy an Mten3 :efefd0f676:

Graduate to the little beast. Tooling around on the little beast would be loads of fun. Might be fun to start adding a bit of diversity to my personal collection. I have to be careful though. I heard expanding the personal collection was addictive and if I am not careful I might end up with 11 wheels in my house :D

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Lutalo

10 hours ago, Lutalo said:

Sorry. No episode 2 forthcoming unless it involves gloves and a ring.


Wow.  Just wow on so many levels.    

So you got your ass whooped in the facts and details department, and rather than acknowledging,  growing and learning you resort to redirection and threats of violence against the old man who schooled you.  This is now the second reference you have made to violence against me - I let the first one pass, but you don't get to play the second one off as a joke or some other BS and I'm calling you out on it.   Threats of violence have zero place in our society.  Not online, not in the physical world, and certainly not in a forum for exchanging information.

You need to work on your character.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Lutalo said:

Sending me the Tesla would open up a slot :thumbup:

@Marty Backe and add a 2000$ bill too :rolleyes: as it has a history of being owned by world famous EUC legden (aka you) if you inket with that famous redlipstick the @Rehab1 documenten on your Mten3, then you might get $250 extra. I am sure @Lutalo would love do this as a win win for both. He gets bragging rights to owning a former owned by @Marty Backe wheel, you get a slot free to grab a new next gen wheel. And we others all get to read about it and watch new videos 😎😁🤩

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I don't think a powerhouse 16-inch wheel from KingSong would kill the 18XL. Gotway has the 1600wh ACM2 and the 1600wh MSX. They are both long distance wheels and extremely fast but ride totally different. I can't image a 2019 performance wheel from KingSong that would be limited to 40km/h.

The rumored spec's for the 16X have me excited. There's nothing like being able to take a small wheel on long distance rides, or to get lost in the mountains without worrying about running out of juice.

p.s. Have you measured your MSX tire? It's actually about 19-1/2 inches

I dont think ACM2 is still in production? Wasn't Tesla its successor? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Flying W said:

I have high Hopes for the new kingsong. I'm hoping it can climb like the mcm5 but with a lot more range and ground clearance.  The body on the mcm5 is very low, the pedals are pretty low and the tire isnt very wide but as long as it has traction it will go up some very steep trails.....I'm just not done doing it when when it needs to charge :roflmao:

I've confident that only another 14-inch wheel could match or beat the MCM5. It's just plain physics - a 16-inch wheel will never have the torque of a super strong 14-inch wheel.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, LonewolfSWE said:

I dont think ACM2 is still in production? Wasn't Tesla its successor? 

It's not, but only for the last few months. There are plenty of ACM2's to be purchased in the distribution pipeline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, LonewolfSWE said:

I dont think ACM2 is still in production? Wasn't Tesla its successor? 

The Tesla was Gotway's next 16 incher after the ACM, so it's the ACM successor. Then they quietly put a Tesla board and motor into the ACM a few months after that . It's more like an experiment or upgrade (or they simply ran out of old ACM components), it doesn't even have an official name, "ACM2" is what Speedyfeet called it where it was seen first.

There also was a Tesla-ized version of the msuper V3 (which shared board and motor with the ACM), but like one month later the msuper X was announced (much better board) so it had a short career.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Unventor said:

@Marty Backe and add a 2000$ bill too :rolleyes: as it has a history of being owned by world famous EUC legden (aka you) if you inket with that famous redlipstick the @Rehab1 documenten on your Mten3, then you might get $250 extra. I am sure @Lutalo would love do this as a win win for both. He gets bragging rights to owning a former owned by @Marty Backe wheel, you get a slot free to grab a new next gen wheel. And we others all get to read about it and watch new videos 😎😁🤩

In that case I want it autographed with pair of red vintage Puma sneakers 

😉👍

Edited by Lutalo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

The Tesla was Gotway's next 16 incher after the ACM, so it's the ACM successor. Then they quietly put a Tesla board and motor into the ACM a few months after that . It's more like an experiment or upgrade (or they simply ran out of old ACM components), it doesn't even have an official name, "ACM2" is what Speedyfeet called it where it was seen first.

There also was a Tesla-ized version of the msuper V3 (which shared board and motor with the ACM), but like one month later the msuper X was announced (much better board) so it had a short career.

Exactly my thought. 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

It's not, but only for the last few months. There are plenty of ACM2's to be purchased in the distribution pipeline.

actually i believe theyre completely depleted now and the tesla is the only option for a 16 incher.. though there are still some old ACM V2's (1500W) available for a premium

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

yeah, I was googling around for ACM2's last month to find out the new cost compared to yours and of the few I could find, it was hard to determine whether it was an acm2 or an acmv2 and I wasn't too keen on the idea of trusting some random aliexpress storefront to either

A. understand the question if I asked them if it was an ACM2 they were selling or an older ACMv2.

or B. Understand the question and not lie with the logic of once they have my money I can't do much about it since they are in HK or china or somewhere.  I guess maybe if I paid with AMEX I could do a charge back but I've never used Aliexpress before so maybe it's safe...I don't know.

Additionally when ewheels sold them they were going for $1600 new (https://www.ewheels.com/product/new-gotway-acm-acms-16-800wh1300wh/)

the few I found on Aliexpress 
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/GOTWAY-14MCM2S-260WH-340WH-520WH-680WH-blance-car-Electric-unicycle-Speed-30/32368523979.html  ( this is the ACMv2 since it's motor power is listed as 1500w)
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2018-New-model-GotWay-ACM2-Electric-unicycle-Electric-scooter-single-wheel-2000W-motor-speed-50km-h/32853749916.html (this should be the ACM2 with the tesla motor since it's motor power is listed as 2000w

both are going for $2K, but one is labeled as "Outdoor body-building equipment" in the title, so do I really trust them not to fuck up the order... I don't know

this site has what looks to be the ACM2 for $1694 but I've never heard of them so have no idea how reliable they are or not: http://etscooter.com/product/2018-new-model-gotway-acm2-electric-unicycle-electric-scooter-single-wheel-2000w-motor-speed50km-h-life-100km-freeshipping/

 

Quite the scarcity premium

Edited by Heyzeus
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Heyzeus said:

yeah, I was googling around for ACM2's last month to find out the new cost compared to yours and of the few I could find, it was hard to determine whether it was an acm2 or an acmv2 and I wasn't too keen on the idea of trusting some random aliexpress storefront to either

A. understand the question if I asked them if it was an ACM2 they were selling or an older ACMv2.

or B. Understand the question and not lie with the logic of once they have my money I can't do much about it since they are in HK or china or somewhere.  I guess maybe if I paid with AMEX I could do a charge back but I've never used Aliexpress before so maybe it's safe...I don't know.

Additionally when ewheels sold them they were going for $1600 new (https://www.ewheels.com/product/new-gotway-acm-acms-16-800wh1300wh/)

the few I found on Aliexpress 
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/GOTWAY-14MCM2S-260WH-340WH-520WH-680WH-blance-car-Electric-unicycle-Speed-30/32368523979.html  ( this is the ACMv2 since it's motor power is listed as 1500w)
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2018-New-model-GotWay-ACM2-Electric-unicycle-Electric-scooter-single-wheel-2000W-motor-speed-50km-h/32853749916.html (this should be the ACM2 with the tesla motor since it's motor power is listed as 2000w

both are going for $2K, but one is labeled as "Outdoor body-building equipment" in the title, so do I really trust them not to fuck up the order... I don't know

this site has what looks to be the ACM2 for $1694 but I've never heard of them so have no idea how reliable they are or not: http://etscooter.com/product/2018-new-model-gotway-acm2-electric-unicycle-electric-scooter-single-wheel-2000w-motor-speed50km-h-life-100km-freeshipping/

 

Quite the scarcity premium

:crying:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Heyzeus said:

yeah, I was googling around for ACM2's last month to find out the new cost compared to yours and of the few I could find, it was hard to determine whether it was an acm2 or an acmv2 and I wasn't too keen on the idea of trusting some random aliexpress storefront to either

A. understand the question if I asked them if it was an ACM2 they were selling or an older ACMv2.

or B. Understand the question and not lie with the logic of once they have my money I can't do much about it since they are in HK or china or somewhere.  I guess maybe if I paid with AMEX I could do a charge back but I've never used Aliexpress before so maybe it's safe...I don't know.

Additionally when ewheels sold them they were going for $1600 new (https://www.ewheels.com/product/new-gotway-acm-acms-16-800wh1300wh/)

the few I found on Aliexpress 
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/GOTWAY-14MCM2S-260WH-340WH-520WH-680WH-blance-car-Electric-unicycle-Speed-30/32368523979.html  ( this is the ACMv2 since it's motor power is listed as 1500w)
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2018-New-model-GotWay-ACM2-Electric-unicycle-Electric-scooter-single-wheel-2000W-motor-speed-50km-h/32853749916.html (this should be the ACM2 with the tesla motor since it's motor power is listed as 2000w

both are going for $2K, but one is labeled as "Outdoor body-building equipment" in the title, so do I really trust them not to fuck up the order... I don't know

this site has what looks to be the ACM2 for $1694 but I've never heard of them so have no idea how reliable they are or not: http://etscooter.com/product/2018-new-model-gotway-acm2-electric-unicycle-electric-scooter-single-wheel-2000w-motor-speed50km-h-life-100km-freeshipping/

 

Quite the scarcity premium

actually im always in communication with chenyanming from aliexpress (green fashion), the last link you posted is them as well.. they are legit official gotway distributors and have the best prices around, ive bought like six wheels from them lol.. she informed me that in fact the ACM2 tesla motor is no longer available from them at all or anywhere that she knows of (for some reason she decided to just jack up the price instead of taking it off aliexpress, idk why). so yea, anything you would get would be the "V2" old 12 mos version with 1500 W motor, and you would be paying a premium for both cost, shipping and import because ive only ever seen them on european or russian websites lol 

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Well, good to know you have personal experience with them, though weird that they didn't de list the product and just jacked up the price not to mention listing they still have 198 available for stock.  Some of these retailers run their sites in a confusing fashion.

I messaged the "greenFashion" user account on this forum once to inquire about mcm4 batteries after they made a post about having mcm4 batteries for sale and they never got back to me.  Maybe they aren't active on here anymore or perhaps it was a different person running that account.

 

Edited by Heyzeus
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Heyzeus said:

Well, good to know who have personal experience with them, though weird that they didn't de list the product and just jacked up the price not to mention listing they still have 198 available for stock.  Some of these retailers run their sites in a confusing fashion.

I messaged the "greenFashion" user account on this forum once to inquire about mcm4 batteries after they made a post about having mcm4 batteries for sale and they never got back to me.  Maybe they aren't active on here anymore or perhaps it was a different person running that account.

 

yea who the hell knows why they do weird stuff like that lol.. perhaps just to increase the chance of them coming up in a search first *shrug*. hmm, no idea about that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, John Genx Corless said:

What is the weight? If its heavier than a V8 then I'm out :-) 

what isn't lol.. it's gonna be twice the weight

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I happen to know from first hand experience that a Tesla motor will work in the ACM2. I converted one of my ACMv2 ACMs to a ACM2 by installing a Tesla motor and ACM2 control board  :-)

There is no ACM2 motor. Its the same motor and control board as the tesla I think. As written before I think maybe they used the last parts they had of the ACM and msuper, so that they could make more money than selling them as spare parts. I would love to see a new ACM in the future.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, John Genx Corless said:

What is the weight? If its heavier than a V8 then I'm out :-) 

LOL, I think you can count yourself out for sure. The idea that weight may be a relevant factor hasn't gained a lot of attraction from EUC manufacturers lately. I guess in this forum we are in the minority.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Mono said:

LOL, I think you can count yourself out for sure. The idea that weight may be a relevant factor hasn't gained a lot of attraction from EUC manufacturers lately. I guess in this forum we are in the minority.

Well, low weight or good safety+speed+range, choose one option. Can't have both at stage of technical development. An easy choice to make for most people.

Batteries weight what they do for now, and I guess while the motors are crazy heavy and could certainly be improved, making them even like 50% lighter by using aluminium instead of steel would be too expensive.

Waiting for these light polymer solid state batteries and some lighter motor constructions...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...