New GotWay Nikola 17''

4 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

I see what you mean, but the same can be said about electric cars. 

The problem is that batteries are expensive.

And when you're used to an euc an e-scooter (the ones that they litter all over cities nowadays) is already very cumbersome to take with you, let alone a gas powered moped.

Let's not forget that due to lack of regulations in some places (or police simply not enforcing them) and the fact that we are a minority, we are a lot more flexible in transport than a gas scooter. I can legally ride my wheel on the street, on a bike path, on the sidewalk. If I arrive at a red light I can simply hop on the sidewalk, turn right, and if it's safe go back on the street or bicycle path. If you start doing that with your gas scooter it won't be long before the cops grab you.

+ no fear of theft because we just carry them inside.

And for 2K you can already buy a very nice electric bicycle too!

I am talking about Asia.  Where sometimes people do ride motor scooters on sidewalks 😠 and often bring them inside at night.  But can leave them outside (often under covered parking ) (and often with  security guard) when going into classes at school or shopping/eating/working. (and no, schools are not going to allow EUCs in what are already overcrowded classrooms at most high schools where the majority of motorcyclists are located). So I don't see them selling many $1700+ wheels here, especially those aesthetically designed for a younger, less afluent crowd, who ride most of the scooters here. 

As for older enthusiasts looking for a long distance wheel, the design misses the mark, IMHO.  There are many things they could have done to make the wheel more appealing to them, instead of creating a mobile disco.

Lastly, even a 1600 wh wheel has only 120 batteries.  That's less than $500 wholesale, I'm guessing.  So if rumors of $2K+ price point are true, I predict their attempt to emulate Apple's approach to pricing will ... fall flat...

5 hours ago, Nic said:

Or 'Newton' who discovered gravity (a.k.a. faceplant). :w00t2:

I’m sorry, as a physics graduate, I can't let that stand. Newton discovered the laws of gravity. People already knew it existed. They just didn't understand what governed it.

Pedantic point, maybe. But one that, having made it, allows me to move on with my life!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The name probably doesn’t mean too much as long as the features and total package meet people’s expectations.  The Ninebot Z10 could have been the X50, or the Gotway Tesla could have been the Gotway Mach10.  It likely wouldn’t have mattered too much.

Don’t like the name, and people ask what is it?  Tell them it’s a Gotway Cyclotron series M70.  It’s hard enough explaining to people what it is, telling them a specific name brand and model likely will go in one ear and out the other.  As long as it isn’t called the Gotway Geekwheel :whistling: it probably will be fine.

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 9:00 PM, Marty Backe said:

So every time a brand new wheel design is introduced, there's going to be a $500 bump in price? Sorry, I don't agree. And if they don't get rid of that candy-cane look I wouldn't buy it for $500. It looks like a giant breath mint :) 

I really doubt that this wheel is going to be so expensive. But if it is, I don't think it'll sell. I won't consider buying one at $2k. It's just not that compelling to me. Lets face it, inside will be the same old crappy Gotway quality. At least with something like the Z10, $2000 seemed justified.

I am really curious  how the Prices for the Monster can be justified at all then? Just because of a bigger rim which still uses the exact same Motor? The reason here is the small number of copies, as it is no Wheel for the masses production numbers are small ….at least to my Knowledge.

And yeah, when wheels are brandnew and the demand is high, the Prices are actually higher and go down after a while.

In the meanwhile, here in Europe we can order the Z10 for what it is really worth: About 1400 Dollar in the Moment. The Z6 even for About 850 bucks.

That is a justified Price in my view ;)….  When it Comes to Quality of certain parts i even would prefer a GW Motor and motherboard over the 9b all time.

But ok...perhaps not how the GW is slapped together :D

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I just saw this picture posted from Jane Mo on Facebook. Looks rather official, and ugly. I was really hoping that those white bands would be black on the released wheel. It's not for me :(

47685434_1624905954322058_4262280885480456192_n

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

In the time that I've been involved with EUC's, I cannot recall the prices (in the United States) ever dropping. They've been going up and up, at a faster rate in 2018.

I've always attributed the Monsters high cost to the large battery size.

The Z10 is still over $2000 in the the United States. EWheels has not lowered its price.

I guess you have it good in Europe, where your EUC prices are always declining. 

haha...That would be nice :-)

Nope, normally they are not going down here that often, just only at the end of their lifespan. I also only know one direction-> and thats up. (And here in Europe the Prices are -at least- 25% higher than in the US)

Actually this has just been with the Z10...and can also be seen on the MSX.....especially when you look at the normal chinese selling suspects....

Seams the market is saturated...at least with some models.

And for the Monster: Yeah, sure the 2400wh Version is a bit more pricy. Thing is just, that even the 1600wh Version is about 500 bucks more than comparable Msupers.

But perhaps it is the excellent Shell that makes it that expensive....just kidding.

My main Point on the "Nicola" was only, that here with a complete new development (like the Tesla was) the Costs are definitly higher than like for an upgrade EUC like the MSX.

2 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I just saw this picture posted from Jane Mo on Facebook. Looks rather official, and ugly. I was really hoping that those white bands would be black on the released wheel. It's not for me :(

I also dont get it...that GW goes the "Fancy" LED route...and also those "GW" Emblems on the back and side. I Always liked their "Offroad" Appeal :-(

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

For 1500€/$ (1300Wh) you couldn't complain about the looks. Something new and never before seen, expanding the market and what's available. Better than every wheel design slowly becoming a KingSong clone.

It's selling for 1500?

No, therefore the subjunctive. I'm just trying to say, the looks aren't really the problem with the wheel. But you're right. Anything would be no problem if the price is low enough.

I'm just happy they didn't build a complete KS clone boring design. And no matter everything else, this wheel is going to have great ridin with great performance with great electronics. Trying to see the bright side:efee8319ab:

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

47685434_1624905954322058_4262280885480456192_n

I am pretty sure a handyman like @Marty Backe can fix a few white lines that you dislike. How long does it normally take before you take a wheel apart from you bought it? Black paint should be easy to come by 😏 but I agree it looks more like a trick/city wheel than a mountain/tail climber. A better question how it rides and what their target group is since it must be designed for other people than the MSX.

• Like 2

Kinda sad to hear the 100v rumor is false. It seems like a less responsive Tesla thanks to the Tall/Fat tire. No power bump? Kinda silly

But glad people are moaning about it! We don't want a Tacky, Half-spec'd Monster!

Edited by dieterGRAMS
  • Like 1

Btw @Marty Backe if I saw a vid of you and @Rehab1 and @Hunka Hunka Burning Love I would think that mint is woohoo cool I almost got to have one myself despite being a Gotway...joking.

However you three in a vid would be cool no matter what wheels you ride :clap3::thumbup: mainly due having @Hunka Hunka Burning Love back on a wheel and in a vid 😁😎

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

Btw @Marty Backe if I saw a vid of you and @Rehab1 and @Hunka Hunka Burning Love I would think that mint is woohoo cool I almost got to have one myself despite being a Gotway...joking.

However you three in a vid would be cool no matter what wheels you ride :clap3::thumbup: mainly due having @Hunka Hunka Burning Love back on a wheel and in a vid 😁😎

The consensus is that @Hunka Hunka Burning Love is in a witness relocation program (we've only seen a picture of his torso). So I don't think you'll ever see a video with him in it.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

The consensus is that @Hunka Hunka Burning Love is in a witness relocation program (we've only seen a picture of his torso). So I don't think you'll ever see a video with him in it.

That is a bummer 😒

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I actually kinda like the white lines.  It gives it some contrast and definition, and sort of resembles a gigantic Ninebot One!  :w00t2: Maybe a brushed metal aluminum or gun metal grey alternative to the white would be cool.  There's always vinyl wrap/Plasti-Dip/Spray paint.

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Like 1

On 12/3/2018 at 12:19 PM, meepmeepmayer said:

I'm just happy they didn't build a complete KS clone boring design.

I heard through the grapevine that Kingsong had been secretly slipping in through Gotway's backdoor to tap his not so devoted wife, Inmotion after Gotway leaves home for his shift at the factory.

Inmotion eventually became pregnant and had Kingsong's lovechild. She lied, and told Gotway that he was the baby daddy.

Gotway believed that his wife was wholesome, and he was hapless in his trust of this lowdown, scandalous ho. So, when she told him the child was his he did not question why it happened to look sooooooo much like that "boring" old kingsong who thought he was god's gift to women. Gotway decided to name his odd-looking child Nikola. This is the current state of things.

Every once in a while "Uncle Kingsong" comes over Gotway's house to visit his "Niece" Nikola, but always while she is away at school. Inmotion lives in constant fear that Gotway will become suspicious and demand a paternity test. Or worse run her over with that 19" wheel. 

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1