New GotWay Nikola 17''

21 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I'm very impressed with the KS18XL. For how I ride, it never gave me tilt-back, even after the very long rides and low battery. And after multiple range tests I concluded that the XL has about 10-percent more range than the MSuper line of wheels. Jason's  letting me buy the test wheel that went across the country. Maybe since it's used that doesn't count towards my total :confused1:

:laughbounce2:

I just wounder one thing @Marty Backe. Do you do something specific to maintain batteries on those wheels as you can't possibly ride all and drain battery on all each day, maybe even each week either, since you buy biggest battery options.

Sorry Marty, a secound question slipped in here at end, have you ever tested KS14S and KS16S? 

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Wow, I'm surprised. Now finally you can sell your old msuper V3 and still have a backup 18 incher.

"Only" 10% difference is in line with the diode of evil in your MSX. So both wheels seem to have the same range under normal circumstances.

Chooch-used, indeed. But if the price is good...

If I were rich, that's what I'd do. Contact every manufacturer and say "you got something, send one over, here's my CC" *smug smile*.

I wondered at first if Marty had somehow spent $20k on wheels. Not quite there yet... or is he?

-

To stay on topic: I'm sure the next wheel will be a Gotway again. It's called Nikola (or Nicola? Nicole? Something like that.).

I actually tested the XL against the MSX and MSuper V3s+. It was the MSuper test that clearly demonstrated a 10-percent advantage for the XL. There's just no doubt in my mind that the XL is superior in terms of efficiency. Maybe KingSong has superior motors?

I suppose 10-percent could qualify for "only", but in my book that's an additional ~5-miles which is nothing to sneeze at for us long distance riders.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

I just wounder one thing @Marty Backe. Do you do something specific to maintain batteries on those wheels as you can't possibly ride all and drain battery on all each day, maybe even each week either, since you buy biggest battery options.

Sorry Marty, a secound question slipped in here at end, have you ever tested KS14S and KS16S? 

No, I do nothing to protect my batteries. A long time ago I decided that I would enjoy my wheels instead of babying them and worrying about the battery health. I charge the wheel that I just used (sometimes forgetting to unplug the charger for a day or so). and get to when I get to it. Just recently I rode my MSuper V3s+ for the first time in ~3-months. The battery had dropped from 100-percent to 97-percent. Still seems great again.

I am trying to make an effort to not let any wheel go unridden for over a month. It is fun to have such a variety to pick from, and to sometimes stand there looking at all the wheels and struggle as to which one I want to ride. First-world problems I know :)

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Maybe KingSong has superior motors?

Probably a "smoother" motor control algorithm with less harsh peaks etc. Maybe that's why GW is doing the same with the Nikola - to not fall behind KS in efficiency/battery usage after they observed that (I'm sure these two companies with their common history eye another very closely).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I actually tested the XL against the MSX and MSuper V3s+. It was the MSuper test that clearly demonstrated a 10-percent advantage for the XL. There's just no doubt in my mind that the XL is superior in terms of efficiency. Maybe KingSong has superior motors?

I suppose 10-percent could qualify for "only", but in my book that's an additional ~5-miles which is nothing to sneeze at for us long distance riders.

Oooh! Extra milage i like that 😀 I'll be glad when my z10 comes because when it's my day off and I've done 30+miles on the msx in 2/3 hours i can get the z10 out and have more fun😁. I'll have to start taking my fast charger with me it's 5amp and stop for an Hour see how much it charges up . For me an euc over 2000wh would be great 😁😁

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, stephen said:

Oooh! Extra milage i like that 😀 I'll be glad when my z10 comes because when it's my day off and I've done 30+miles on the msx in 2/3 hours i can get the z10 out and have more fun😁. I'll have to start taking my fast charger with me it's 5amp and stop for an Hour see how much it charges up . For me an euc over 2000wh would be great 😁😁

I see a Monster in your future :w00t2:

13 hours ago, wheelr said:

You ain't seen nothing... Meet the Gotway Nikole:

image.thumb.png.73e98a751ed936008feec4977d0f4661.png

Speaking of incorrect ways to spell Nikola, take a look at the video file name, above.  Oh, the Humanity.

I'm not going to congratulate @Marty Backe on 20,000 likes, I must have given him about 1,000 of them :rolleyes: Congrats, Marty  Damn it!!!

Edited by Smoother
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Higher speed, more power, better acceleration, wider tire. Here is the missing 10%. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Rafal said:

Higher speed, more power, better acceleration, wider tire. Here is the missing 10%. 

However, I rode both wheels the same - I'm posting a video shortly.

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 4:58 PM, Marty Backe said:

However, I rode both wheels the same - I'm posting a video shortly.

I am sure you do Marty.

For example: wider tire have higher rolling resistance and more power available almost always drive to more energy consumption.

Just my experience.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nic said:

That myth has been proven wrong for years now. In fact the only downsides to wider tyres are the increased weight and air resistance.  On the plus side wider tyres have lower rolling resistance, better grip, more comfort and longer tread life.

https://www.conti-tyres.co.uk/latest-news/165-wider-tyres-go-faster

Yeah, I didn't think that was true either; not for bicycle style tyres anyway.  Interesting article.  A pity no one proof read it; it's full of typos and grammar errors.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Smoother said:

Yeah, I didn't think that was true either; not for bicycle style tyres anyway.  Interesting article.  A pity no one proof read it; it's full of typos and grammar errors.

Yes, I know what you mean ... here's your report. :P

grammarly.jpg

• Like 2