New GotWay Nikola 17''

Anybody want to comment on the pedal comfort of a Nikola vs MSX.  The only negative I can find on the msx is the pedal angle(plus maybe width of the machine) so I'm sitting there waiting for nikola in prime riding weather.  Id honestly rather have a 18inch 35mph machine over the Nikola if I knew I was going to be comfortable in the feet riding it.  MSX with nikola pedals and adjusted angle... best of both worlds?

3 hours ago, koto said:

Can someone can try nikola pedals on MsuperX please ?

I'm afraid   it's not very comfortable. I have tried to put Tesla pedals on my MsuperX but the pedals angle is really excessive.

Me too! I tried the same thing. It seems the angle is set with both the hangers and the pedal itself. Either can be filled down. Although, I thought the MSX pedals look like the best match for the body shell.

Edited by Michael Tucker

@stephen when you try them out, I would be curious of your impressions on how the grip on the pedals is vs. the tesla/acm2 pedals.  I'm wondering how it compares to the grip tape/sandpaper style.  I'd also be curious to know if the top part looks easily removable such that one could peel it off and replace it with the sand paper grip tape if they preferred that.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Heyzeus said:

@stephen when you try them out, I would be curious of your impressions on how the grip on the pedals is vs. the tesla/acm2 pedals.  I'm wondering how it compares to the grip tape/sandpaper style.  I'd also be curious to know if the top part looks easily removable such that one could peel it off and replace it with the sand paper grip tape if they preferred that.

Second this

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Heyzeus said:

I've got tommow off so I'll try get as much info as i can when installing them 

I'll try do a little video to if its any help

1 draw around pedals on paper against the msx

2 check the angle on both pedal when installed ( there's Marty's pay packet on this one 😁)

3 inspect the grade of grip and if its removable

4 check fittings 

5 see how they feel/ride

Don't think there's anything else unless you can add🤔

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, stephen said:

1 draw around pedals on paper against the msx

2 check the angle on both pedal when installed ( there's Marty's pay packet on this one 😁)

3 inspect the grade of grip and if its removable

4 check fittings 

5 see how they feel/ride

Don't think there's anything else unless you can add🤔

I forgot to mention, my tolerance for "identical" is plus/minus 5-degrees :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 4/29/2019 at 2:49 PM, Shinra said:

Would it be safe to buy a Gotway Nikola from AliExpress?

Buying from AliExpress seems safe enough to me personally, providing that you're buying from a reputable seller. However, you cannot compare it with buying from a good local dealer (if you have one). Should something be wrong with the wheel when you're getting it you're likely to just be shipped some replacement parts and to be expected to try to perform replacements yourself, and communicating with the seller might not match your idea of an ideal conversation.. So don't expect buying from Ali to be same as picking something up from a local retail chain in terms of support. Of course, chances are good you'll just get a working wheel and won't have anything to worry about anything, but there are always going to be some bad apples/wheels and that's a crappy lottery to win.

However, if you're like me, the nearest reputable dealer locally is still far off which (combined with the price of course) makes Ali a good alternative. I've personally bought my V10F there (Intelligent walking store) and just got my Nikola from there as well (Wheel tech store). Green and fashion travaling [sic] and Rockwheel are other known stores.

Make sure to pay attention to the delivery option you chose if you want to avoid extra tax. The sellers usually have information regarding this on their pages, or you can ask them. From my experience, being inside the EU, the good option is typically marked as "seller's shipping", the slower option. I believe they ship it via boat to Europe, and then the delivery service pick it up from the European distribution point.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 5/1/2019 at 8:24 AM, Nils said:

Buying from AliExpress seems safe enough to me personally, providing that you're buying from a reputable seller. However, you cannot compare it with buying from a good local dealer (if you have one). Should something be wrong with the wheel when you're getting it you're likely to just be shipped some replacement parts and to be expected to try to perform replacements yourself, and communicating with the seller might not match your idea of an ideal conversation.. So don't expect buying from Ali to be same as picking something up from a local retail chain in terms of support. Of course, chances are good you'll just get a working wheel and won't have anything to worry about anything, but there are always going to be some bad apples/wheels and that's a crappy lottery to win.

However, if you're like me, the nearest reputable dealer locally is still far off which (combined with the price of course) makes Ali a good alternative. I've personally bought my V10F there (Intelligent walking store) and just got my Nikola from there as well (Wheel tech store). Green and fashion travaling [sic] and Rockwheel are other known stores.

Make sure to pay attention to the delivery option you chose if you want to avoid extra tax. The sellers usually have information regarding this on their pages, or you can ask them. From my experience, being inside the EU, the good option is typically marked as "seller's shipping", the slower option. I believe they ship it via boat to Europe, and then the delivery service pick it up from the European distribution point.

Thanks for the reply. I'm gonna buy the wheel from my nearest dealer. You never know in the future with problems.

On 5/4/2019 at 10:03 PM, stephen said:

Look at all these Nikolas😊

In a place of night lights they look cool

Singapore Represent!

We are lucky that we received a large shipment of Nikolas. In fact we still have the choice of whether to purchase it now or not as we have a few extra sets. Singapore may be small but thankfully we have a great relationship with our dealer and suppliers. 

Ive tried the nikola a few times and it’s buttery smooth. Great wheel!

On 5/11/2019 at 4:40 AM, Garrie Lim said:

Some caveats on the Nikola though, all solely based on my observations and what I have heard. 

1. Pedals may not be level, there may be some units with very very slightly uneven pedals, giving u the feeling that one leg is dipped more than the other

2. Check your tire rotation when you wheel, some are known to wobble slightly, may be an issue with the axel. Massaging and resetting the tire didn’t seem to help

3. The side pads may force your legs a little too out, making them slightly bowed. Removing the pads may feel better but when you sweat against the plastic the feeling isn’t desirable. 

4. Too many Gotway logos and the stickers may peel off easily, best to replace them with something else or remove it completely. 

5. Trolley handle screws may not be tightened properly, do conduct a check before wheeling off. 

These are just some of my personal observations and you may not experience them.  

Just sharing. 

Great points, thanks!

I can confirm #3 and #4 from my own experience. I just removed the side pads since they didn't work out for me (too wide), and re-glued the center logos last week since they were peeling off.

On 5/11/2019 at 9:40 AM, Garrie Lim said:

Some caveats on the Nikola though, all solely based on my observations and what I have heard. 

1. Pedals may not be level, there may be some units with very very slightly uneven pedals, giving u the feeling that one leg is dipped more than the other

2. Check your tire rotation when you wheel, some are known to wobble slightly, may be an issue with the axel. Massaging and resetting the tire didn’t seem to help

3. The side pads may force your legs a little too out, making them slightly bowed. Removing the pads may feel better but when you sweat against the plastic the feeling isn’t desirable. 

4. Too many Gotway logos and the stickers may peel off easily, best to replace them with something else or remove it completely. 

5. Trolley handle screws may not be tightened properly, do conduct a check before wheeling off. 

These are just some of my personal observations and you may not experience them.  

Just sharing. 

I think the Nikola far exceeds the stringent speed and weight limits of allowable PEVs Singapore??