Z10 MAX SPEED UNLOCK TO 56km/h TESTS REPORT

GyroRideRz

On 12/23/2018 at 10:41 AM, MRN76 said:

@GyroRideRz Hey. You have long enough to ride on the wheel. Do you think it is possible to update others? Were there any shutdowns at speed and other problems?

Hi Guys, 

Long time i didn't give you any update. It was because lot of work with my shop preparing christmas holidays.

But i'm back ! 

@MRN76 Yes you can update it. I run more than 400 km without any problems. 

- Max speed i've reached : 53km/h

- Total km with this firmware 391 km

- Max battery life attempt : 49 km

No cutoff, no overheat, no overlean, the feeling is perfect at 45/50 iddle. You just make a wondefull firmware.

Once again thanks for your contribution to the ninebot world it's amazing :-D

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, GyroRideRz said:

I've all the protection and i'm not push it too hard, just let it go.

The more you ride and the more you naturally go faster with this wheel. And on you hit the limit and get tiltback, it's a really bad feeling.

So the game is to find your natural speed limit, and for me it's 53km/h i've never hit more, so with the limit to 56km/h it's perfect for me, i don't take the tiltback anymore

and the ride experience is a lot better. 

I'm not crazy, i just listen my body, my feeling and the wheel.

There is are videos of the Z10 ‘appearing’ to cut out at 46kph. 

Just wondering how that could happen even though the wheel can be unlocked to close to 56kph??

15 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

One possible scenario: a heavy-ish rider (85kg+) on Z doing max speed at lower battery percentages, then hitting a bump.

• heavy riders are known to have decreased max speed in general (more power required), when compared to lighter riders on the same wheel.
  • a wheel traveling at max speed / power load is more susceptible to sudden overpower cutting out due to hitting obstacles at said max speed. this is why the non-Gotway manufacturers will artificially set the max speeds even lower than the max power threshold (ala Gotway), and also why IMHO (especially after doing the math) messing with this restriction on the Z is dangerous.

Case in point: the latter bullet point happened to me (in a way) plenty back in the sub-1kW nominal motor (weaker) EUC days.

On my former 550W nominal InMotion V5 & 800W nominal IM V8, me being a mid-weight rider at ~80kg (with backpack weight) cruising on the edge of max speed / tiltback, I would every now and then hit an unexpected bump, where I would feel the weakening of the motor from the surge in power demand to keep the wheel + me balanced & upright.

For that split second, the wheel would technically cutout, then immediately trigger back and re-grab / re-balance. Mind you, this happened from non-aggressive riding. Many of these cutout videos I've seen posted, IMHO the riders have been riding pretty aggressively, pushing and 'testing' the wheel.

In short, for non-heavyweight riders, higher speeds on the Z is probably possible, but you better not hit a bump, especially when the battery has been significantly depleted. And you better not gain weight :D

EUC is not like cars in terms of true max speed, the limit is not an absolute number, you must always factor for the rider, conditions.

Here here sir— well said 

Edited by Afeez Kay
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, stephen said:

So how do you get this mod, would it make it safer just in case you hit the max 28mph and went over a bit 

I do not give any guarantees, everything that you do is at your own peril and risk.

17 minutes ago, palachzzz said:

Motors are different, z6 motor has maximum speed about 61.5 km/h at full battery, z10 - 81.5 km/h

In what conditions this test have been made? With original unmodified wheels?

Because maximum speed can be locked by two factors: first the firmware, and secondary the maximum power the battery can deliver.

Is somebody tried to put z10 battery inside a z6, with a modded firmware from @MRN76? Or is somebody simply did a motor teardown of both models for a comparaison ?