Z10 MAX SPEED UNLOCK TO 56km/h TESTS REPORT

GyroRideRz

On 11/27/2018 at 11:05 PM, GyroRideRz said:

Firmware is altered in a way not intended by the manudacturer and especially alters safety features implemented by the manufacturer.

Hello everyone,

I create this topic to share with you results of my tests with a Z10 whose top speed has been unlocked at 56 km/h thanks to the superb work of @MRN76

and its magnificent APP NINETOOL ! A big thank you to him for this life-changing performance!

First of all i'm not crazy and I ride fully equipped with good motocross protection :

A Full face Motocross helmet
A motorcycle jacket with integrated protection
Shin guards
Motorcycle gloves

And I also have good accessories :

A wrist mirror
A blinker on the back

That being said, let's begin.

After 2 days of testing, I enjoy riding in a Z10 even more, which I didn't think was possible because I love riding with this wheel so much, and  coming out of an INMOTION V8 it wasn't easy, though.

The wheel behaves extremely well at a constant speed of 45km/h, it is a delight to be able to drive at 40-45 without tiltback and no longer have this big speed limit just dropped to 65% of remaining range.

For the moment I have not yet exceeded 50 because between 47 and 49, I feel the loss of the feeling of not being able to fall (I think that those who ride in Z10 must understand what I am talking about, because it is not easy to describe as a feeling) 

Once the 45km/h is reached, you have to lean much further forward to accelerate and I feel that the wheel tends to lean slightly forward instead of staying straight. That said, it may be because of bad tire pressure. So I'm going to test with some different pressures to see if it improves things.

Here, for this first recap, I'll post from time to time when I've done some more tests, on battery consumption etc....

Until then, have a good ride, everyone!

how can I also increase my speed limit on my Z10? what do I need for? 

what is scary is long breaking from that 50km/h :) any other thing is really nice :))

@Cristian - $$code is for app unlock? so if I get a S2 now + future Z6 can I do it with same app which was already paid for S2?

Edited by leszek

Guys >>, please, be realistic!
If you are currently not riding in motorcycle gear "seriously", don't even think about unlocking your EUC.

[Also, we need to think about our health insurance, first responders, and a medical card. I know, it sounds like overkill, maybe only at the track for racing, but most incidents happen on short runs -thanks.]

6 hours ago, leszek said:

what is scary is long breaking from that 50km/h :) any other thing is really nice :))

@Cristian - $$code is for app unlock? so if I get a S2 now + future Z6 can I do it with same app which was already paid for S2?

For each device a separate code

1 hour ago, MonoGerman said:

If you are currently not riding in motorcycle gear "seriously", don't even think about unlocking your EUC.

[Also, we need to think about our health insurance, first responders, and a medical card. I know, it sounds like overkill, maybe only at the track for racing, but most incidents happen on short runs -thanks.] 

Who does not risk - that does not lie in traumatology:D(This is a joke)

17 minutes ago, Erika Vukova said:

where I have to pay for this code to unlock the speedlock for my Z10.? 

I am now in the hospital after falling from the wheel and I can’t make a code. When I am discharged, I will contact you.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, MonoGerman said:

I'm equipped like when I do motocross, and I wouldn't conceive of ridng without.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 1/6/2019 at 7:12 PM, MRN76 said:

I am now in the hospital after falling from the wheel and I can’t make a code. When I am discharged, I will contact you.

I hope you are not seriously hurt?!? What happend? Tried to get more speed out of the hardware/software?!  :shock2:

Driving drunk home and did not notice the obstacle. He was unprotected and landed on the ice with his knee. I went home and sort of answered everyone in private messages. If you forgot to answer - write to me (or here)

17 hours ago, MRN76 said:

Driving drunk home and did not notice the obstacle. He was unprotected and landed on the ice with his knee. I went home and sort of answered everyone in private messages. If you forgot to answer - write to me (or here)

I hope soon you get well, and return to combat. regards

20 minutes ago, RoberAce said:

I hope soon you get well, and return to combat. regards

I have already been discharged from the hospital. I'm at home. But while in the cast - I can not ride. But I can already do the firmware.

• Like 1

On 1/6/2019 at 6:12 PM, MRN76 said:

Speedy recovery  also sent a message of interest on your FB messenger..much regards.

OK Calculators out

Objective: what is the expected battery decline (or rate of battery charge expenditure for a given standardised distance for the z10?

Is the rate of discharge really disproportionately higher at the higher unlock speeds?  hmm.

1. Distance ?

Start : 71.3  km

END: 68.5 Km

Therefore  DISTANCE TRAVELLED= 2.8Km.

2. Battery drop for this distance?

Av speed approx 47km/h

batt% expended =

START 80%

Finish 76.5%

Difference =3.5% drop per 2.8Km of travel

ie 1.25% for every km

ie the battery will drop 1% for every  0.8K m

3. How does this battery drop compare to expected?

assuming 20% charge = your walk home

the z10 battery discharges from 100-20%  ie 80 % units of usable power

if each % gives 0.8KM travel then 80 units provides 80* 0.8= 64km max range (39miles)

Using these rough calculations it appears your z10 is doing well at the higher speeds and isn't over taxing the battery. But more at play is clearly going on because I dont know any rider who gets 64KM out of one z10 charge?

Maybe someone can improve my assumptions and run a better calculation flow but to me, the z10 is behaving better than expected at higher unlock speeds .

Now, heres the thing... I dont know why Ninebot decided to provide only 58 or so Volts to this machine as opposed to higher voltage,

Furthermore you've got to ask yourself, why would a company in competition with Gotway restrict the availability of the unit to EU & US?  ? hmmm   

FOR NOW... I would  add one caution. Ninebot has bad reliability issues out-of-the-box, they have been slow to release EU and US product of the Z10 /Z6 when it is a popular product... hmmm...   and the only reason I can think of for doing that from a progressive and sales aggressive company is issues with the unit. Perhaps overtime the higher current demands may cause circuit component damage?... the very problem that seems to be reported a lot requiring new replacement board?

Conclusion: use the unlock, by a spare controller board and be prepared to have to change it.

:-)

hmmm.

Edited by RayBanMonster

On 1/6/2019 at 11:59 AM, leszek said:

thats a little dissapointing :( so I will wait, maybe when spring comes I'll try to do S2 "fix" over a cable and leave paid option for Z6

If you are seriously considering unlocking your S2 and @MRN76 already has an unlock for it over his app, then unlocking this method would be much cheaper if you already have an Android device you can use. This is unless you already have the $80+ J-Link and all the soldering equipment. I unlocked the S2 over J-Link, and it is worth it, but I would much rather have had an over-the-air method.

Edited by Daniel Burkemper

• 2 weeks later...