Ninebot ES2 first firmware update!

iMak

Hi everyone,

This is my first post as a new owner of Ninebot ES2 purchased during 2018 Black Friday's. Upon switching on the scooter for the first time, I got a prompt to update the firmware, the current firmware is 1.2.9 but no where is mentioned what is the number of the new firmware. Here is a screen shot from the phone.

IMG_2234.thumb.JPG.8c64efc11179cd2b1d24246fd0b50f36.JPG

Is it safe to update? What are the benefits of this update?

Hi @iMak and welcome to our forum.

The Segway / Ninebot firmware upgrades are generally fairly reliable, so I would suggest that you apply it (if you haven't already).

You had a fairly old firmware version and the BLE and BMS updates should prove beneficial... I am not sure what the Master control update is for though - I will ask Segway and see what information we can get.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just got a new ES2 today, assembled and paired, said to do an update to firmware, the ES2 rebooted screen no longer works and I can't power it on anymore, tried everything other than disconnecting battery etc. Don't want to remove the warranty sticker to get into that.

Any ideas?

• 5 months later...

Hello everybody 

So, let me get started by letting you know what I've been trying out with my bird scooters  Ninebot Segway es-4. I ordered a dashboard/master controller for my scooter and installed them, but when I turn it on a repeated peeping sound comes up on the scooter, which indicates to pair with bluetooth using Ninebot app.  So, I pair the scooter with the app, but it says you have to update firmware cause inner battery firmware outdated. So, I try updating it but won't update. My scooter has new controller and  ew dashboard,  but nothing looks like it would let it update... The controller is a new unlocked & the dashboard got it from Walmart's online store. What's next? Where can we get the update we need to make the scooter run well?