I was a little nervous about ordering a Gotway Monster motor directly from Gotway until..

Bob Eisenman

@Mono

The price is good for the tube. Check out SpeedyFeet for his price.

https://www.speedyfeet.co.uk/collections/monster-parts

My tire (7000+ km is still good).  The tire needs to be transferred to the new motor/wheel. My original tube has been holding air because of Slime (see topic link below) with a stem leak since I bought it.

A new tube is good idea for the new motor with the transferred old tire.

https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/8755-gotway-monster-flat-tire/

@Mono

Monster tire at 7000+ km

@Mono

Slime'y stem on Monster tube/wheel

Edited by Bob Eisenman
  • Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, Bob Eisenman said:

@Mono

The price is good for the tube. Check out SpeedyFeet for his price.

I would say it is considerably overpriced in both occasions. A bicycle tube that would do the same job is under 10 bucks. But yeah, the price is not determined by the costs.

My tire (7000+ km is still good). 

Impressive durability. Mine look very different even after have the distance.

The tire needs to be transferred to the new motor/wheel. My original tube has been holding air because of Slime (see topic link below) with a stem leak since I bought it.

A new tube is good idea for the new motor with the transferred old tire.

Definitely agreed.

47 minutes ago, Mono said:

Impressive durability. Mine look very different even after have the distance.

Circumference is pi*d

1 rev = 3.14*d

For a 22 inch Monster tire:

1 rev = 3.14*22 = 69 inches

For a 16 inch tire:

1 rev = 3.14x16 = 50 inches

Monster revs per mile are 72% of the 16 inch tire's revs per mile. Rider weight, tire pressure used, terrain type might influence tire wear and tear too.

I saw this bird on my EUC ride to the grocery store....it needs NO tires! The thing hanging from the neck is called a 'beard':

Turkey 11-28-2018

Edited by Bob Eisenman
  • Like 1

11-30-2018

I receive from my bank a paper copy of the completed wire transfer of funds

The cost of making the wire transfer was $45

12-1-2018

I receive an email from Jane saying

"there is a big mistake for the Proforma invoice,the account is out of date ,pls ask the bank to refund it."

12-2-2018

After receiving Jane's  'WeChat' number in an email a conversation was started during business hours in China (11 pm est). 'The boss' was contacted about the matter but no resolution was reached...as yet.

End of conversation

Edited by Bob Eisenman
  • Upvote 2

I wonder if Gotway sells replacement axles for the Monster.  Some people have had success pressing the axle out of the stator assembly and replacing it with a new one.  I think @EUC Extreme did it as well as another member... @andress.  Might be nice to have a spare motor part.

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love

1 minute ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

wonder if Gotway sells replacement axles for the Monster.  

I don't know ?

Once the axle/copper coils are removed from the magnets it's hard to get it back together. The axle itself is seen here.

Gotway Monster motor interior and windings

Ian is selling motors for the Monster now (12- 13-2018) in the space parts section. He informed me of that a few weeks ago pending agreement on a price with Gotway. The timing of my recent shipment makes me wonder if my motor request got tangled up in some way with his and other franchises dealing simultaneously with Gotway about motors for Monster.

To make a long story short...my credit card expired a couple of weeks before ordering replacement Monster pedals (one of mine broke) from Ian. The 'new' credit card bears the same acct. number. Ever since fouling my purchase history at SpeedyFeet with my old (expired) then new card with the same account number my adfitional transaction attempts have been rejected at SpeedyFeet. 

So....I thought I was making a good decision by buying directly from Gotway, rather than wondering why my (new) credit card now fails with his ordering system. 

PayPal, without using immediate direct fund debiting from associated cards, might have worked with Ian.

• Like 1

Yes, once that microgap is out of alignment it likely is crazy difficult to get it back.  I hear some people use playing cards.  I wonder how @Hansolo managed to get his back together.  Leaving one motor cover on likely helps preserve the alignment, but that of course depends on what you need to have done.  Replacing the whole motor likely is the easiest route unless you have access to a machine press.

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Replacing the whole motor likely is the easiest route

Probably

SpeedyFeet email about Gotway Monster motor

Another issue raised with Jane Mo is the motor used with the Monster (84volt vs 100volt).

I'm confident that Jane Mo's line of questioning about motor voltage to ship is equivalent to a SpeedyFeet's website selection process for correctness.

Edited by Bob Eisenman

4 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I wonder if Gotway sells replacement axles for the Monster.  Some people have had success pressing the axle out of the stator assembly and replacing it with a new one.  I think @EUC Extreme did it as well as another member... @andress.  Might be nice to have a spare motor part.

True. Conversion is not a difficult task.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Yes, once that microgap is out of alignment it likely is crazy difficult to get it back.  I hear some people use playing cards.  I wonder how @Hansolo managed to get his back together.  Leaving one motor cover one likely helps preserve the alignment, but that of course depends on what you need to have done.  Replacing the whole motor likely is the easiest route unless you have access to a machine press. 

I never changed the axle, only the ball bearings.

• Like 1

12-26-2018 (DHL Express delivery from Hong Kong)

EVENT CATEGORY
16 Dec 18 3:58 PM - Customs status updated - CINCINNATI HUB,UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

Hong Kong to Cincinnati, Ohio

"DHL revs up transit times to Asia Pacific with direct routes"

http://info.hktdc.com/shippers/vol24_4/vol24_4_airfr01.htm

Edited by Bob Eisenman

On 12/16/2018 at 10:13 AM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

If I remember correctly, EUC Extreme went as far as designing and machining an entire new axle, but not everyone has access to such tools

• Like 2