Thomas Frederick

Noob needs assistance in finding MSX Inner Tube!

Hi all,

Recently bought msx and was loving it but after only 3 weeks have had a puncture issue. Vender (speedy feet) suggested tyre weld but this seems to have just created a bigger problem as it all leaked out of the tyre valve. Vender now says unable to take it back for repair and also that he hasn't been able to get the 16" inner tubes in stock for over a year. 

1. What should I do to fix this? Are inner tubes possible to get hold of? Currently I can't even work out how I would physically go about replacing the tyre/inner tube so I need a lot of help please!

2. What should I do to prevent a recurrence of this issue? Can the tyre be made more puncture proof? I've seen talk of slime - what is that exactly and how does it work?

Thanks sincerely in advance.

Thomas

Edited by Marty Backe

Thanks very much for the detailed reply. Still in contact with Ian and he is certainly trying too help but isn't sure he can get his hands on the tube. It is a 18" tube for the msx, yes. Not looking forward to the job you describe but here's hoping I can get a tube, then I'll give it a shot.

Thanks again,

Thomas

When I got a puncture in my Tesla tube (a glass shard) I didn't take the tube off. Just exposed the part of the tube so I could patch it. Maybe this is possible with your tube.

Maybe a mod can change the title to something more meaningful, maybe add (Where to get msuper X tube and how to change it?) to the title, so people who do know see this. Hidden in the Gotway forum plus generic title might be too much. 

But someone must have bought an msuper X tube some time!

@Marty Backe @US69 @Chriull

3 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Maybe a mod can change the title to something more meaningful, maybe add (Where to get msuper X tube and how to change it?) to the title, so people who do know see this. Hidden in the Gotway forum plus generic title might be too much. 

But someone must have bought an msuper X tube some time!

@Marty Backe @US69 @Chriull

As I said up above, I bought an extra MSX tube when I bought my wheel from EWheels. Another benefit from buying from a good dealer. So, EWheels sells them, but probably only to their customers.

I'll modify the title to this post.

12 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

As I said up above, I bought an extra MSX tube when I bought my wheel from EWheels. Another benefit from buying from a good dealer. So, EWheels sells them, but probably only to their customers.

I'll modify the title to this post.

Isn't the X an 18 incher? On ewheels, there's both 18 inch tire and innertube, but I don't know if the X is the same wheel as the older MSupers.

The MSuper is probably the one area I wouldn't go to AliExpress due to the extremely tight fit between shell and tire valve.

Interestingly, AliExpress does have varieties of the 18 inch tire that might be worth looking at a bit closer, including some pure off-road and some trail hybrids. If wheels were easier to change tires on, I'd probably get several different tires.

1 hour ago, LanghamP said:

Isn't the X an 18 incher? On ewheels, there's both 18 inch tire and innertube, but I don't know if the X is the same wheel as the older MSupers.

The MSuper is probably the one area I wouldn't go to AliExpress due to the extremely tight fit between shell and tire valve.

Interestingly, AliExpress does have varieties of the 18 inch tire that might be worth looking at a bit closer, including some pure off-road and some trail hybrids. If wheels were easier to change tires on, I'd probably get several different tires.

The MSX is "described" as a 19-inch wheel, but it uses a 18x3 tire and 18x3 inner tube. It is most definitely not the same as the MSuper V3.