What's next for InMotion EUC? You tell me

Inmotion Global

On 1/5/2019 at 8:33 AM, Liamfind said:

This is the first case. Can you send me the details about the bug? 

my friend i bought V5F is not a new wheel but i would love to have a recent firmware with some " recent " applications and for sure a better INMOTION app which works 1 out of 5 tries lol!

50 minutes ago, Simone Malicius said:

my friend i bought V5F is not a new wheel but i would love to have a recent firmware with some " recent " applications and for sure a better INMOTION app which works 1 out of 5 tries lol!

Yeah, @Simone Malicius, I hear ya about the app (at least on Android). It crashes a lot, I've yet to get their own sounds to download to the V5F, and a lot of the screens are still in Chinese even though I selected English as my language. Really? You guys couldn't even get language support right?

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, JZ Ottawa said:

Modularity

•  
  • Make it easy to remove and change the batteries. It would be nice to allow the user to choose the trade off between range/battery capacity and weight. If I'm bringing this on a plane, I need to keep the battery below 160Wh. If I want to do a long distance trip, then I need to pack as much batteries as I can. It would be nice to have multiple battery pack options that can be removed/changed easily by the user. Removable batteries also allow carrying spare batteries for situations where it is not convenient to charge.
  •  

this is what i'm thinking of ... an easy access to battery would give so many more options for users ! One above all the chance to carry it on flight which would change the way even to travel !!!!!!!! still battery wattage must be not superior to  160Wh ( i checked also for our local airline)  V5F for instance have 288Wh  battery which can not be taken as carry on  but still you might get your euc somewhere and there could be a shop renting the battery et voila :-)

1 hour ago, Mono said:

Last time I checked most airlines stopped allowing to carry any EUCs regardless of battery size. Did this change?

Not only that, they wont even allow the PLEV even if you can prove the batteries are not on the machine. EUCs on airplanes does not work because the airlines say so, stop trying to fantasize it into reality, people.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Simone Malicius said:

this is what i'm thinking of ... an easy access to battery would give so many more options for users ! One above all the chance to carry it on flight which would change the way even to travel !!!!!!!! still battery wattage must be not superior to  160Wh ( i checked also for our local airline)  V5F for instance have 288Wh  battery which can not be taken as carry on  but still you might get your euc somewhere and there could be a shop renting the battery et voila :-)

Your profile says you are in Italy.  I can't be bothered to look up ALL Italian airlines, but I looked up the national carrier Alitalia, this is a quote form their policy:

SMALL VEHICLES

for leisure purpose powered by lithium batteries such as mini segways, hoverboards or solowheels

FORBIDDEN ON ALITALIA FLIGHTS

• Like 1

On 2/6/2019 at 4:06 PM, Smoother said:

Your profile says you are in Italy.  I can't be bothered to look up ALL Italian airlines, but I looked up the national carrier Alitalia, this is a quote form their policy:

SMALL VEHICLES

for leisure purpose powered by lithium batteries such as mini segways, hoverboards or solowheels

FORBIDDEN ON ALITALIA FLIGHTS

and I even work for them😂✌️

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

I don't think so. And it is Chinese new year.... - nothing will happen to the end of this month.

No new firmware to fix old bugs and so on - hopefully no new inmotion....

I was talking about the last month or more, not this last week. I don't think I've seen any sign that our posts are still being read.

(I'm well aware of the Chinese New Year break as it has a major effect on my work.)

Some kind of suspension would be a killer feature IMO.  Riding a wheel on bad roads or cobblestones just damages your knees and back so much. 

Imagine a wheel with a nice fat tire and suspension, such a wheel would deliver a comfortable ride !

• Like 2

On 2/8/2019 at 10:20 PM, Kristof Willen said:

Some kind of suspension would be a killer feature IMO.  Riding a wheel on bad roads or cobblestones just damages your knees and back so much. 

Imagine a wheel with a nice fat tire and suspension, such a wheel would deliver a comfortable ride !

We are testing the suspension function. But before it gets rolled out, nothing's settled. 

Indeed, it would be very useful riding through bumpy roads. 

On 2/6/2019 at 9:47 PM, Mono said:

Last time I checked most airlines stopped allowing to carry any EUCs regardless of battery size. Did this change?

From my perspective, the regulation for carrying EUCS on the airplane will not be released in the future unless new invention in producing a stable and safer battery.

I'm a new Glide 3 owner, I bought it because of the great looks and nice features for the price.  Now that I own it what do I wish i could change?

1. The app is pretty bad: poor/no English translations, suspicious/excessive permissions, and glitchy.  It was surprising considering the fit and finish of the wheel itself was so good.

2. Like others, I wish the power/light button worked opposite, to avoid inadvertent powering on / off (or separate/recess it).

3. I wish the pedals were larger, similar to the V10

4. I wish the speaker was bluetooth capable to play music ( also safer, essentially an audio warning when passing people etc)

5. I wish the headlight reflector shaped the light forward/down only, Not up

6. I wish the tail light was brighter and acted like a brake light during deceleration 

7. It would be great to see a "V8F" option with perhaps 60 cell battery for extra range/safety, especially for heavier riders (some have done this as diy ~670 Wh vs 480).  Especially if that battery would also fit in existing glide 3's as a replacement/upgrade.

Looking to what I would want in my next wheel purchase, i'd like to see the V10F have the problems @Jason McNeil mentioned addressed to make it more of a flagship power 16" wheel. Im thinking an "almost a 16 in version of the King Song 18L/XL EUC", but cheaper.  It's already better looking and more power than the KS 16S, so it already almost there.  Right now the 18XL looks more appealing to me than the V10F for my next wheel, except the price, over 2000 USD!  A bit better V10F for less $ would change my mind at least.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2019 at 6:20 AM, Kristof Willen said:

They actually have a prototype on their website. I would buy this in a heartbeat!!!

Please Inmotion, build this and design it with LOTS of battery!!!

Screenshot_20190219-164339.png

Edited by Rama Douglas

On 11/22/2018 at 11:05 AM, Liamfind said:

If there is anything I missed, just let me know. It means a lot for us.  

Hi Liam,

Thank you for listening to us enthusiasts. 

Here's what I like about your products (V10F):

- High and large pedals. This is a big thing. Keep them high and can be even larger. 

- Low angle on the pedals

- Narrow body. I happen to like this design.

- Good build quality, this can set you apart from the competition, keep it going. 

- The handle design is actually very nice, but you could refine it. I don't need V8 style trolley handle, it is slower to use. 

- Cut-off switch is very nice and works flawlessly. 

- App and especially ability to change easily the ride settings. This is the number one benefit for me. 

- Smooth and comfortable riding. You've done good job on this. 

Here's what I don't like:

- The alarm sound. Luckily we can remove it but it is quite difficult and buggy. 

- Throttling early. I think you are being too conservative. 

- No options for 18" tire or bigger batteries. 

Here's what I wish from the future:

- 18" wheel

- 1600 Wh battery option!!!

- more than 40 km/h speed is nice, but I rarely ride that fast. Acceleration is more important and you could throttle the speed less. 

I will be most likely buying the KS18-XL this spring because of the battery. I would wait and buy InMotion if you would hint about a new 18" wheel with 1600Wh battery. That's really all we ask from you. You've done good job on lights and speakers, but those features are not that important. Concentrate on power, range and ride quality. 

Edited by UniVehje
  • Like 3

My dream is a wheel that could be called V9, a 16" 2,5 wide tyre, same advanced ergonomic, similar to V10, big pads are great but I'd reconsider the rubber surface, pack in it as much motor and battery as you can but the weight should not be more than 15-16 Kg.m In my opinion more important than a nominal power is a peak power to brake in a short space.

As autonomy, an average between V10F and V8 would also be ok! 

make the front light point much lower so that we don't blind all the people in front of us ;-)

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

@Liamfind

Inmotion V5 user here from Singapore. Love it as it provides enough range to commute to work, easy to trolley around and most importantly, light enough for me to carry up 2 flights of stairs to my office everyday.

What I would like to see is UL2272 certification. Come 1st July 2020, all PMDs without UL2272 certification cannot be used in Singapore, mandated by the law. That means we would have to throw away our precious EUCs when the deadline comes. Link: https://www.lta.gov.sg/content/ltaweb/en/walk-cycle-ride.html

While there are more and more electric kickscooters and hoverboards getting the certification, there are currently only 2 EUCs that are UL2272 certified - the Swagtron and Ninebot One S1. Link: https://www.lta.gov.sg/content/dam/ltaweb/corp/GreenTransport/2019/Adoption_of_the_UL2272_Certification_for_Motorised_PMDs.pdf

Hope to hear good news come next July. Firmly believe that EUCs are the best/safest/compact form of last-mile transportation.

• Like 1