What's next for InMotion EUC? You tell me

Inmotion Global

1 hour ago, scubadragosan said:

Thanks for the info, Jon. This protector looks like it's meant for bikers. I am a little doubtful about the design whether it will save your face because the opening is so large. If they make it smaller just having the eyes exposed rather than almost the whole face, it might work. Another thing is that it needs to be tested on EUC riders. Bikers seem to me falls to the ground slower than EUC riders during a face plant. Anyway, someone (me or you or anyone) can write this German company to make these suggestions. Actually, I think I might just do that. Or MBIKER_SURFER from Germany may be a better candidate....!

That was my thoughts regarding the face protection.

The company is Swedish, not German.

Bigger pedals.

Update: In response to Liamfind's question,  I guess I should be more specific. The V10 pedal size is probably fine and from what I've seen here, a lot of people would like to use them on the V8/V5. I just have the V5 for now and the pedals are just barely big enough for relatively short rides. That seems to be one of the first mods people do is find a way to increase the pedal size. My other wheel is a Osdrich T1 and it's pedals are painfully small -- I have to take a break every 10 minutes and walk around.

So, just having optional pedal sizes would be a huge help. Granted, there's a higher risk of scraping the ground or catching a curb with larger pedals, but that's a trade-off that a lot of people would like to make, especially for extended rides.

Edited by rwent1
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I would lov to see a wheel purposely designed for Off Road well maybe 75% off road and 25% on road 

Suitable tyre for better off road riding

Even with options at purchase for different tyre types depended on your use   

Bigger battery for range and harder terrains 1500Wh + 

A tried and tested IP rating

Bigger wheel size maybe 18,19,20

The wheel should also be able to have a few options via the App for personalisation of the wheel for alarms and speed limits, tiltback like Gotway

Self adjusting headlights to adjust to yr angle of travel  ,high beam ,low beam maybe

All these things are on my wish list

Gaz

• Like 2

@Liamfind see my post on ISO 26262:

On 1/1/2019 at 2:03 PM, Jon Stern said:

What I'd like to see is EUC companies using ISO 26262 principles. This would ensure that hardware and software components have been designed and qualified with safety in mind from the outset.

While the small scale of EUC production probably means that ISO 26262 adherence could never happen, borrowing the principles would increase safety (and minimize the risks of lawsuits).

The necessity of automotive component manufacturers to adhere to ISO 26262 means that there are a lot of Automotive Safety Integrity Level (ASIL) compliant components that could be leveraged for EUCs.

In the particular area of microcontrollers, this means there are chips that use embedded Flash memory with Error Correcting Code (ECC), have Cyclic Redundancy Checking (CRC), a high-precision Deadman Time (DMT) that monitors the health of application software by requiring periodic timer interrupts within a user-specified timing window, etc.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Professur said:

Did you guys change something in the App?  It suddenly started turning on the damn camera whenever I hole the phone vertical. Unwanted and not cool.

This is the first case. Can you send me the details about the bug? 

Larger Capacity Batteries - 1260 or above to stay in competition with the other major competitors

Matte Finishes - shiny gloss finishes are pretty until your wheel hits the ground. Also a plus for those who want to change the appearance of their shells

Recessed Power Button/3 Second Hold for Powering Down - no explanation needed

Contoured Pedals (Near the outside edges)- add some concave to the mold of the pedal, preferably on the outer edges. think of each pedal being one side of a skateboard deck 

Adjustable Pedal Angle/Suspension - Rubber gaskets that can be added between the pedal and base to adjust angle and aid in shock absorption

Device Mounting Brackets(s) - it would be nice to have a central universal bracket to attach a camera, light, audio device, speaker, etc. maybe brackets in the f/r that can accommodate multiple lighting solutions (2 independent lights up front, etc.) 

Secondary Battery - my father fabricated this fix for my  RC cars that lost steering control via battery depletion with this theory 20 years back. Secondary, small battery pack to maintain control of the EUC when the primary battery has hit situation critical. A series of obnoxious audio alerts and gentle tilt back should accompany

• Like 1

Secondary Battery - my father fabricated this fix for my  RC cars that lost steering control via battery depletion with this theory 20 years back. Secondary, small battery pack to maintain control of the EUC when the primary battery has hit situation critical. A series of obnoxious audio alerts and gentle tilt back should accompany

Great Idea like a UPS for essential services  i 2nd the notion of the secondary battery :)

• Upvote 1

I would very much like to see some improvements in the Inmotion app : on Android, it's a really battery grinder.

Also, the ability to be able to share/publish DIY light effects (or sound packs), and install light effects from others would be fantastic !

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 1/8/2019 at 7:27 AM, gon2fast said:

3 Second Hold for Powering Down - no explanation needed

Terrible, I hated it when I had to wait 1.5 seconds each time I want to turn off my wheel, let alone 3 seconds. I am so happy that the V8 just turns on and off right away when I want it to turn on and off. Under the no-explanation-needed logic the cutout switch under the handle would also need a 3 second delay.

Can you ship the device with a layer of protective film on it and under the pedals like you do the handle? So those first week scratches don't happen. You know, the one where you go to admire it and it falls flat on your tools before you've even ridden it once? People can leave it on for a month before just relying on the cover.

• Like 2

@tessa25, this is a great suggestion. Adding some protective tape under the pedals was the first thing I did. Not a terrifically elegant solution, but it works because these pedals are just asking for trouble. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HFHTYGN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1.

On 1/8/2019 at 2:27 PM, gon2fast said:

Larger Capacity Batteries - 1260 or above to stay in competition with the other major competitors

Matte Finishes - shiny gloss finishes are pretty until your wheel hits the ground. Also a plus for those who want to change the appearance of their shells

Recessed Power Button/3 Second Hold for Powering Down - no explanation needed

Contoured Pedals (Near the outside edges)- add some concave to the mold of the pedal, preferably on the outer edges. think of each pedal being one side of a skateboard deck 

Adjustable Pedal Angle/Suspension - Rubber gaskets that can be added between the pedal and base to adjust angle and aid in shock absorption

Device Mounting Brackets(s) - it would be nice to have a central universal bracket to attach a camera, light, audio device, speaker, etc. maybe brackets in the f/r that can accommodate multiple lighting solutions (2 independent lights up front, etc.) 

@gon2fast Tell you a good news. It is of large possbility of built-in suspension within the next wheel. But nothing's settle before it's rolled out.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

Great - but as long as the old bugs are not fixed vor the V10 (F), I will never think of any new inmotion again!

Which old bugs are not fixed right now? Please let me know. I will report it to our engineers.

Every vendor works through their issues in their own ways, but I have to ask how much direct vendor contact on the forums/real world are we seeing across all vendors?  Easy response in favor of one SD based brand.

look at it as a challenge...