What's next for InMotion EUC? You tell me

Inmotion Global

I am still a new user and have had no problems at all with the way the V8 power button operates - and if I have pressed it by accident while riding its power off is disabled when moving - can't see why anyone would have a problem with it - I was worried about accidently pressing it while at 20kph plus, but once I found out it automatically locks out the on/off function over 5kph I didn't worry about it - it's safe enough and works fine :-) 

The social part of the app is awesome - please leave is at it is. How about the game which was available in the chinese version?

It would also be great if the pedals in the new V8 would be on the same hight and size as in V10f, but the shape left from V8 (like in KS18L). The pedals in "10" are too "rectangle".  )-:

3 hours ago, John Genx Corless said:

I am still a new user and have had no problems at all with the way the V8 power button operates - and if I have pressed it by accident while riding its power off is disabled when moving - can't see why anyone would have a problem with it - I was worried about accidently pressing it while at 20kph plus, but once I found out it automatically locks out the on/off function over 5kph I didn't worry about it - it's safe enough and works fine :-) 

As you wrote the button is no problem while moving, but when the wheel is transported - it can be accidently turned on and "destroy" it's surrounding or some bad luck itself.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Chriull said:

As you wrote the button is no problem while moving, but when the wheel is transported - it can be accidently turned on and "destroy" it's surrounding or some bad luck itself.

Isn't there a transport mode in the app - I'm sure I saw something like that in there somewhere - so you can prevent it from accidental power on while in the car boot? 

On 11/23/2018 at 3:19 PM, Mono said:

Do you know of bent of broken axles on the V8?

Afair i never heard of a bent or broken axle on the V8 - but there was ?a/some? broken weld(s) between the rotor and the axle. At least in some batches/wheels.

5 hours ago, John Genx Corless said:

Isn't there a transport mode in the app - I'm sure I saw something like that in there somewhere - so you can prevent it from accidental power on while in the car boot? 

I don't know - i don't own a V8. My post was just to point out, how this "power button wish" started out. Also some people have not installed the inmotion app (on android) in because of the battery drain to simply change such settings...

14 hours ago, Chriull said:

10 hours ago, John Genx Corless said:

I don't know of a transport lock, but to prevent this, it should never be stored in upright position. If it is tilted towards the fender or on the side it cannot be turned on anymore.

Edited by Mono
  • Like 1

On 11/22/2018 at 4:05 AM, Liamfind said:

Yes. Most of them choose the V8 for its better performance and the ergonomic design of V8 handlebar. 

There is something you wanna see in the next EUC.

• Bigger Tire, maybe 18".( The biggest one, for now, is V10 series, 16")
  • Bigger Battery Capacity. At least 1000Wh. Am I right? 
  • Faster. 50 km/h Top speed.
  • V8 handlebar
  • More steady App. Of course.

I want to see a v8 with the performance of the Gotway Tesla. We don't need bigger, we need compact and powerful.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 11/27/2018 at 4:46 AM, Essperto said:

The social part of the app is awesome - please leave is at it is. How about the game which was available in the chinese version?

It would also be great if the pedals in the new V8 would be on the same hight and size as in V10f, but the shape left from V8 (like in KS18L). The pedals in "10" are too "rectangle".  )-:

@Essperto   We are fixing the problem of English Version APP with Chinese inside. Will soon have an update.

• Upvote 2

On 11/22/2018 at 11:29 AM, Chriull said:

From the firmware side a new tiltback implementation would be great! Without a fixed starting speed threshold so that one cannot be catapulted from the wheel if one accelerates too fast into the tiltback. Maybe with more intelligent limit than just some speed limit - maybe your r&d team can implement something based on speed, acceleration and real motor limits like described here: https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/7855-anatomy-of-an-overlean/?do=findComment&comment=121971 

A "motor" sound (from muscle car to star trek ion drive) could be real nice - especially if it gives audible feedback like a car motor sounds different when under burden and coming near the rev limit. Maybe with speed dependend loudness control (or optionally just to be heard via earphones and the phone app)

On 11/23/2018 at 9:43 AM, Liamfind said:

Really? Like the movie Furious? I guess the only way to make it is to driving Motorbike or car.

Sorry i did not express the "wish/suggestion" well enough - the motor sound would open possibilities for audible feedback of the wheels state, especially the remaining "safety margin". For example in a way described in detail in my above link. I'd personally not choose to annoy my surroundings with motor car sounds but use earplugs, if they would give me some "valuable" information.

Would imo be a big next step for riders safety. Can be of course implemented in countless different ways - for now that's one point that did not really change since the introduction of the first electric unicycles...

I'm in the market for my first EUC and a feature that I would find interesting but haven't seen on any model yet is a small steel loop that is attached directly to the frame and exposed through the casing in an out-of-the way place ( the top? the back?) through which I could loop a standard bicycle U-lock.

I'm not sure how EUCs are constructed (do they even have a "frame"?), so I'm not sure this is even possible. But I'd love to be able to lock up my future EUC while I go into the grocery store for an hour, for example.

17 hours ago, Ed M said:

I'm in the market for my first EUC and a feature that I would find interesting but haven't seen on any model yet is a small steel loop that is attached directly to the frame and exposed through the casing in an out-of-the way place ( the top? the back?) through which I could loop a standard bicycle U-lock.

I'm not sure how EUCs are constructed (do they even have a "frame"?), so I'm not sure this is even possible. But I'd love to be able to lock up my future EUC while I go into the grocery store for an hour, for example.

On many EUCs (apart from KingSongs) the handle will do. Most of us though won't lock the EUC outside of a store but trolley it through. It is also a fine roller of shop baskets. I never seriously considered taking a lock with me.

Edited by Mono

13 hours ago, Chriull said:
On 11/23/2018 at 4:43 PM, Liamfind said:

Really? Like the movie Furious? I guess the only way to make it is to driving Motorbike or car.

Sorry i did not express the "wish/suggestion" well enough - the motor sound would open possibilities for audible feedback of the wheels state, especially the remaining "safety margin". For example in a way described in detail in my above link. I'd personally not choose to annoy my surroundings with motor car sounds but use earplugs, if they would give me some "valuable" information.

Would imo be a big next step for riders safety. Can be of course implemented in countless different ways - for now that's one point that did not really change since the introduction of the first electric unicycles...

@Chriull   Ok. More ways of audio feedback and Bluetooth connection. Connect the unicycle and the earbud will be a good way to cut the voice.

Sounds Notice also needs to improve.  

9 hours ago, Ed M said:

@Ed M  Locking the unicycle by a proper way is still a technical problem with the current design and construction of the unicycle. And that's what we are working on. It takes some time to invent a unicycle with a combination of industrial design and aesthetic design.

• Upvote 1

love the way your wheels look, they are the most attractive by far.. but the performance is severely lacking.. your top end model is limited to 25 mph, and battery of under 1000 wh???? i can get something cheaper that has 35 mph and 1600 wh.. kingsong listened very quickly and pushed out the larger battery version of the 18L, and its top speed is much higher. if you offered the same specs at a similar price, for the aesthetic i would 100% choose an inmotion, but nearly every company has beaten your specs in all regards. another complaint i have which i understand yo actually get a lot of praise for is the width of the v10 pedals, maybe 1% of the population has feet that wide, its just unnecessary to have pedals that wide, it only serves to make the wheel footprint larger, take up more space in pedestrian areas and have a better chance of hitting the pedal on something which is very dangerous.. the height is excellent, and length is good seeing as its possible due t the height, but you should also include an option to swap from the rubber to sandpaper... if its raining and your shoes are wet when you get on, that would make me very uncomfortable, ive almost slipped off of similar pedals a few times due to them not having sandpaper grip

15 hours ago, Ed M said:

Gets to grocery store, locks EUC up to something sturdy, return after 1 hour - EUC gone! I would never leave my V8 unattended anywhere, even with a lock - I've had bikes before and they just get stolen/damaged no matter what you lock them with - which is why I chose an EUC because it goes in the shop with me - I'd get a shopping trolley & put the EUC in there, and then do my shopping. It's not convenient for say a bike or a segway round a supermarket but EUC is no problem - I think leaving it locked up outside is an invitation (please steal me)! 

On 12/5/2018 at 4:46 AM, Liamfind said:

Sounds Notice also needs to improve.  

Just had some time over the weekend and finished the following post this evening. This could give you maybe some idea of which warnings could be implemented in modern wheels to protect the rider:

On 11/28/2018 at 8:23 AM, Liamfind said:

@Essperto   We are fixing the problem of English Version APP with Chinese inside. Will soon have an update.

Well, I know chinese a little bit, so in erlier version on the app (6.x.x) I often switched to the Chinese language version, but now in 7.x.x this game is not even in the Chinese version available.

Larger Capacity Batteries - 1260 or above to stay in competition with the other major competitors

Matte Finishes - shiny gloss finishes are pretty until your wheel hits the ground. Also a plus for those who want to change the appearance of their shells

Recessed Power Button/3 Second Hold for Powering Down - no explanation needed

Contoured Pedals (Near the outside edges)- add some concave to the mold of the pedal, preferably on the outer edges. think of each pedal being one side of a skateboard deck 

Adjustable Pedal Angle/Suspension - Rubber gaskets that can be added between the pedal and base to adjust angle and aid in shock absorption

Device Mounting Brackets(s) - it would be nice to have a central universal bracket to attach a camera, light, audio device, speaker, etc. maybe brackets in the f/r that can accommodate multiple lighting solutions (2 independent lights up front, etc.) 

Secondary Battery - my father fabricated this fix for my  RC cars that lost steering control via battery depletion with this theory 20 years back. Secondary, small battery pack to maintain control of the EUC when the primary battery has hit situation critical. A series of obnoxious audio alerts and gentle tilt back should accompany

20" Wheel w/BMX Style Rim - Couple this thought with a improved, easy access to the tire with minimal electronic component contact.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I don't think a recessed power button (It will hold water should it rain), but maybe some raised moulding along 2 sides?  Larger capacity batteries is good but keep a lighter option model, I can't imagine lugging around a 25+ kilo model. Device mounting brackets could get broken if the wheel falls on that point - I think better to just sticky pad my action cam mount onto the shell, cheap to replace if broken. Not sure about contoured foot pedals, would that contribute to foot ache? 

• Like 1

I'd like to see an airbag that would save someone's face if and when a face plant happens, one like in an automobile, expect this may be a collar around one's neck. If and when a face plant occurs, it would just immediately deploy saving one's face or head hitting hard on the ground. Ooops, I gave away my multi-billion dollar idea :) :(  I'm sure I'm not the first one to have thought of this. Now who with the entrepreneur spirit is going to do it out there?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, scubadragosan said:

I'd like to see an airbag that would save someone's face if and when a face plant happens, one like in an automobile, expect this may be a collar around one's neck. If and when a face plant occurs, it would just immediately deploy saving one's face or head hitting hard on the ground. Ooops, I gave away my multi-billion dollar idea :) :(  I'm sure I'm not the first one to have thought of this. Now who with the entrepreneur spirit is going to do it out there?

You can buy them here: https://hovding.com/

They came out a few years ago.

Possibly not enough face protection for our use case in this design though.

Also, deployment for a minor fall would be expensive (€299), as the system is single use.

Edited by Jon Stern
  • Like 1

Thanks for the info, Jon. This protector looks like it's meant for bikers. I am a little doubtful about the design whether it will save your face because the opening is so large. If they make it smaller just having the eyes exposed rather than almost the whole face, it might work. Another thing is that it needs to be tested on EUC riders. Bikers seem to me falls to the ground slower than EUC riders during a face plant. Anyway, someone (me or you or anyone) can write this Swedish company to make these suggestions. Actually, I think I might just do that. 

Edited by scubadragosan
correct german to swedish