What's next for InMotion EUC? You tell me

Inmotion Global

We need V8 successor, with wider tire (3"), 1500W+ motor accompanied by reliable over-engineered control board,  800-1000Wh battery, shell can be wider to get additional space for battery and avoid top heavy design, integrated mud-guard and parking stand, good front (light the road not the treetops) and back/brake light, stylish and spacey side lights, handle like on V8 but better quality,  40-45 km/h top speed is more than enough and finally the weight certainly has to be as much as possible under 20kg. That would be one thoughtfully designed modern wheel for 2019. and perfect upgrade from my V5F+ :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Liamfind said:

Many other EUC guys think that the handlebar of V8 design is better and more ergonomic 

I specially apreciate the versatility and quick acces from my v5f and v10f handlebar, probably the only one who allow to push the euc when is in front of you, the best way for climb big slopes or narrow paths in off road. Also is very ergonomic and intuitive for quick up and down from EUC without losing time in his deploy. Also it gives the characteristic shape of the inmotion EUCs

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Demargon said:

I specially apreciate the versatility and quick acces from my v5f and v10f handlebar, probably the only one who allow to push the euc when is in front of you, the best way for climb big slopes or narrow paths in off road. Also is very ergonomic and intuitive for quick up and down from EUC without losing time in his deploy. Also it gives the characteristic shape of the inmotion EUCs

This!!!  :thumbup:

~ from a (jealous) V8 owner

9 hours ago, Liamfind said:

@Meng Yang  Sorry. Top speed at 60-70 kph will hard for us to accomplish. 60-70 kph is too dangerous even if you are wearing a helmet and other protective staff. Don't you think? 

Hi,

The least you could do is to allow me the satisfaction of "dreaming", right? :P

SPEED

While I'm having no illusions whatsoever that InMotion's next (or even next, next ...) wheel will be anywhere 60 kph-capable, I will continue to "dream" of an InMotion wheel with that capability. Why? Coz V8 is my first real EUC. Despite Tesla, V8 is still my favorite all-rounder wheel. V8 is just a well-balanced quality wheel. Since my V8, I've been looking for a 50 kph InMotion 2nd wheel. As that never happened, I got my Tesla.

While it's true 60-70 kph is too dangerous, I still feel, given a good wheel, I can handle speeds in that range. Why? Tesla has shown me that 50+ kph is safe, stable and highly usable. The highest speed tested so far is 53 kph. Its 80% load (5 beeps/sec alarm - 48 kph at high batt. level) provided me with around 2+ hours of cruising fun at the limit, safely. No issue so far. While I won't speed on unfamiliar routes, on flat and familiar routes, my Tesla is very stable at top speeds. Thus, I know I want to cruise at even higher speeds. Looks like Gotway is the only way to go for my next wheel. [fyi, my top speed on a motorbike is 270 kph, and my top speed on a bicycle is 90 kph]

In conclusion, I'm pretty sure the next InMotion flagship will likely have a 50 kph top speed max. Still, I continue to dream of a 60+ kph-capable InMotion wheel someday. If InMotion, King Song and Gotway all produced such a wheel, I will definitely choose InMotion over the other brands.

NOISE (or lack of)

For me, I prefer an EUC motor to be dead silent

For noise, motorbike's the way to go. Akrapovic all the way!

Edited by Meng Yang
Error
  • Like 1

I love my V8 and am still having a lot of fun on it
however it is almost always posible to come up with some improvments.
From a users perspective.
1) better trolly handle, the V8 one could be a better quality version of the same basic design, the V10 one could be intergrated better so it sits flush with the shell and is not blocking the charge port and back light.
2) simplify removal of the wheel, it should just unclamp unplug and drop out.
3) splined axles
4) thicker/stronger axles
5) a port for expansion batery packs, usable with a backpack battry, cable must disconect cleanly in a crash.
6) Bicycle conversion kit, letting you use the EUC in place of the front wheel and fork.
7) better hedlight, and/or a way to fit bike lights.
8) suspension, both an on road and off road vesion.
9) auto closing waterproof charging port,
10) a propper parking stand would be nice.
Some ideas that may help from the production side.
1) get someone with eperiance in bike manufacture, many of the ideas are aplicable to EUCs.
2) make the same shell adaptable to differing with wheels using a range of middle sections of the frame/shell whilst keeping bthe same sides to reduce manufacturing costs.
3) BMX size wheels will let people fit a large range of very heavy duty tires from existing makers.

PS sorry for spelling, I am quite seriously dyslexic and my spell checker is not working at the moment.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, dieterGRAMS said:

I stated my thoughts in another thread but I'll also state them here:

I think you guys should build a high-performance 14" wheel. Using a 14x3" tire would add stability and lifting the pedal height would also add safety. 

With the EUC market maturing, you will see an increase in sport usages. Such as Polo! The 14" wheels have a HUGE advantage in things like Polo. 

14" wheels make better errand wheels. I hate using my MSX to go grab beers from the store. Even the Tesla was a bit annoying to grab for a short run VS my MCM4. But now, the pedal clearance on the mcm4 makes it nearly impossible to ride coming from the MSX daily. 

Unless you are going to best Gotway at their own game in the 18"+ class of wheel, don't bother.  People are having a hard enough time accepting the 18L spec sheet vs the MSX and the 18l is a perfectly fine machine IMO. Most of us in NY are waiting for a Monster update but it doesn't sound like you want to take it to that level.

• 14" x 3" tire
  • high pedals
  • 45km/h
  • balanced weight
  • +800wh batt.

While everyone thinks the 14" wheel is a beginners wheel, I beg to differ. The 14" wheel gives a true "hover" feeling. They are smooth, and snappy.

Build one for experienced riders! Be the king of small EUC!

Agree.

Smaller wheels are good direction. 14-incher is so agile and responsive, its torque is amazing.

I do a lot of tricks, and I would have bought a V5f / + a long time ago, if it was not such old design, with too small motor and battery. 500 W motors is too small for my weght (~95 kg) and hight (188 cm).

Just google PulseGlider. Gread wheel only 12.5", but what's the performance! 30 mph max speed, 60 miles range. Motor power 3000 W. 

And I've heard of him for the first time a year and a half ago.

That's definitely a wheel I would buy if it was on sale.

Back to the new Inmotion project. The new 2019 wheel should be 14", 2000 W, 600 Wh battery is enough, 2.5" tyre width max, speed 45 km/h. And so anyway in the next year in the EU will come into force new regulations limiting the speed of up to 25 km / h

• Like 1

I would also love if the cut-off switch would not only "suspend" wheel, but also automatically collapse pedals. Almost always when I pickup the wheel using the switch, I have to manually collapse the pedals and afterwards get them down again.

• Upvote 1

On 11/22/2018 at 10:05 AM, Liamfind said:

Hello Inmotion and EUC fans,

This is Liam from InMotion HQ. I'm wondering if you have any advice for the new EUC of InMotion.  Can you do me a favor? I will collect the information and report it to our R&D crew.

For the past few months, we are not taking it seriously. But it's time for a change.

Recently, I roll out a poll on Facebook about "What's the best Inmotion EUC" & " What‘s the features of your ideal wheel??"

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ElectricUnicycle/?multi_permalinks=1884433704987917&notif_id=1541577267684622&notif_t=feedback_reaction_generic

image.png.f0280d10bb6634bb4c0294e02976f03b.png

Yes. Most of them choose the V8 for its better performance and the ergonomic design of V8 handlebar. 

There is something you wanna see in the next EUC.

• Bigger Tire, maybe 18".( The biggest one, for now, is V10 series, 16")
  • Bigger Battery Capacity. At least 1000Wh. Am I right? 
  • Faster. 50 km/h Top speed.
  • V8 handlebar
  • More steady App. Of course.

If there is anything I missed, just let me know. It means a lot for us.  

Thanks again for your constant support to InMotion.

Where is that poll?

If it would shave off more than 2kg, I also would reconsider a 14" x 2.5-3.0" wheel, all other specs being equal. Smaller wheel sizes seem just too unsafe unless only used for trick riding.

On 11/22/2018 at 9:02 PM, Jason McNeil said:

@Liamfind, it's always great to see some involvement at the Manufacturer level. Before moving onto a new product, I think Inmotion should first focus on improving the V10/V10F to make it a Best-of-Class product that it deserves; it's 95% of the way there for hardware, but needs some inexpensive tweaks, that your Customers have been requesting for months. Both King Song & Gotway have been pretty good with Continual Model Improvement, but we haven't seen much of this practice at Inmotion.

@Jason McNeil Hi Jason. Good to be here. I was used to watching on the forum for Jeffrey and Bob had been replying those threads and they did a good job here. It might be not proper to step in. But recently, I have seen too much misunderstanding. And it's time.

• Like 1

Ideal wheel is very light but agile and powerful (many Wh in a tank to carry longer distances), but in a real world we cannot have both, batteries/stronger motor are heavy. Or ...  can we?

I would love to have a light wheel like V8 to use for my normal riding, with the ability to attach (instant, into a hotshoe) andextra 20s1P or 20s2P pack on top the wheel when I plan a longer ride, and detach it again when not needed. That way we can have choice, lightness or extra juice.

Or forget built in batteries, make batteries swap-able instantly and give us a choice to buy the size we like (or both, capable of being charged outside of the wheel).

What is so awesome on EUCs is that you can combine it with other transport, if it's light enough. I've been considering KS16S and V8. My choice was V8 because it's lighter, but there are times I would like to give it a bit more juice.

Inmotion, are you up to the challenge to have a wheel for longest ride, yet the lightest? ;-)

• Like 2

I only have one wheel - inmotion V8 - I chose this wheel because its spec's were right in the middle of everything available at the time, not too slow or fast, not too heavy for the range & power, well thought out modular design (although I like the look of ninebot e+), for inmotion's next line of EUC's

1 - I'd like a white version :-)

2 - Modular design (simple to repair/change colour shells/Tyres) 

3 - More range (I think that will come anyway as battery tech moves on) 

4 - The inmotion App, needs to be worked on a little, maybe a simple mode that only displays what you need on one screen - social part is ok but very slow. 

5 - Reliability/robust - I'd choose a reliable proven EUC every time! 

Being an EUC owner for only 6 months I'd say inmotion is going in the right direction, I'd leave the super fast 60/70kph EUC's to other companies and stay on the safe side, but saying that I may want something faster & more powerful in another 12 months lol. 

• Like 1

I would like to see side panels held in place by dzus fasteners, high pedals with adjustable angle and adjustable stiffness in small increments.

Replaceable/ removable protection like frame sliders on a bike or like had been said a better cover. 

Pretty much everything else above that makes sense for the size wheel. 

On 11/22/2018 at 9:24 PM, Meng Yang said:

Music: I don't ride without blasting music. My main aim is safety coz people ahead knows I'm coming through at high speed. I hope to see internal speakers with more power (and BASS) than the typical JBL Flip 4.

OBTW, like a front white light, the integrated speaker should have its diaphragm facing the front as well. This will help project the sound in front of the rider, and not to the sides.

I hope wheels like the V8 will get more popular among people who just want to get from point A to point B without much risk of severe injury.  I hope more people will use unicycles instead of 2-wheeled scooters or automobiles.

Also, I hope wheels like the V8 will be well-regarded by the general population, pedestrians who do not scoot.

How about a "V8-bis" with these adjustments:

1. A power button that won't engage accidentally.

2. Motor noise that does not excite dogs.

Not faster, nor heavier.

P.S.  The social aspect of the app is not very useful.  There are other tools to track a route.  The scooter app should only manage the scooter.

Edited by Biped Phil
Added PS about the app

On 11/23/2018 at 1:13 AM, DanCar said:

Can we get an EUC that has special design for climbing stairs?  A tire knobby thread design that can grip the edge of a stairs might work.  Lots of power to climb would be cool.  Large tire is nice to smooth out bumps but heavy has its disadvantages.  I'm enjoying my v8 very much so thanks a ton! :D 

Other interesting options:

1. Camera mount

2. Place to attach a trailer.  Wondering if I could carry my children in a trailer or use trailer to carry stuff.

@DanCar   Wow. Then it's customized version. I will let our testing rider to give it a try and run some test. 

Camera mount 

Actually, I would love to see the combination with Inmotion & Gopro. The camera is not what we are focusing on.    

Trailer 

I bet you will have a great fun with that. That's a really very interesting option.

Edited by Liamfind
To add more content

2 hours ago, Biped Phil said:

I hope wheels like the V8 will get more popular among people who just want to get from point A to point B without much risk of severe injury.  I hope more people will use unicycles instead of 2-wheeled scooters or automobiles.

Also, I hope wheels like the V8 will be well-regarded by the general population, pedestrians who do not scoot.

How about a "V8-bis" with these adjustments:

1. A power button that won't engage accidentally.

2. Motor noise that does not excite dogs.

Not faster, nor heavier.

P.S.  The social aspect of the app is not very useful.  There are other tools to track a route.  The scooter app should only manage the scooter.

@Biped Phil Yeah. There is a still long way to go for widely used. Currently, It's prohibited in some countries. The popularity of scooter is a trend for the near future. Because it's eco-friendly and easy to ride, more acceptable for the pedestrians. But the unicycle becomes widely used is still promising with the help of you guys and the other EUC communities.

Adjustment:

1.Buttons. Do you mean it's too sensitive?

2.Motor noise. Really? Are you always riding at night?

Speed

I have received tons of emails complaining about the speed of Inmotion V-series are too slow for the experienced rider.

Social Engagement 

We design the app from the social aspect is to build a community for Inmotion Fans to communicate, to share. We are not just gathering them together for no reason. It always makes me happy to read those thread they posted on the app. They are sharing the happiness of riding and making friends out there.

I also find the Power Button too sensitive. Sometimes, I only wanted to hold the top handle of the V8 to carry it or to move it around before riding it. I was shocked a couple of times when I started standing on the pedals and there's no power at all, nearly falling down. I don't know why, but I guess its coz my finger or thumb must have accidentally touched the Power Button and turned it off without me even realizing it. Thus, I'm dead against the idea of TOUCH Power ON/OFF - convenient but not safe at all! I much prefer LONG HOLD to power on/off.

V8 is quite a quiet wheel. Tesla is quieter though. KS is the noisiest. Silence is the best!

Yes. V-series it TOO SLOW! No kick. Our on-foot sprinting speed is already about 30 kph, so a motor-aided device should be at least 50 kph-capable to be useful.

6 hours ago, Meng Yang said:

I also find the Power Button too sensitive....t I guess its coz my finger or thumb must have accidentally touched the Power Button and turned it off without me even realizing it. Thus, I'm dead against the idea of TOUCH Power ON/OFF - convenient but not safe at all! I much prefer LONG HOLD to power on/off.

"Long hold" is not good enough. When cargo shifts in storage, it too may apply a "long hold" by leaning against the V8.  Better than long hold would be: a lip around a recessed button, so you would power on/off only by poking directly at it.

• Upvote 1

Frankly, in my opinion what makes the V8 so attractive is its price point to features. Please note that these suggestions are for the mid range model and not the highest end speed demon tier.

Keeping the price point the same with a lot of improvements that's been posted here would be amazing.

If a price raise is warranted for some features like a bigger battery, just create a different variation that costs more. We just need a new iteration of the V8.

It's the best bang for your buck unicycle, is lightweight, and a good size which keeps it selling despite all the other higher end ones.

So please keep that in mind.

Some features I liked from reading this thread:

- I'd like it a bit faster, I feel the V8 is already at a decent speed but when you need more speed it should have it. 35/hr seems to be the sweet spot for casual riders.

- A more premium feel. Honestly, I think the shiny plastic looks cheap. I think Ninebot with the one Z hit it out of the ballpark in terms of aesthetics. Not too flashy like a christmas tree yet still bad ass and matte like the bat mobile. 

- I'm open to the idea of a bigger and wider tires with a seat, I've tried my friend's with a high tire with a seat and you can call me converted.

Keep the quality high and price in the same range. Adoption rates and volume quantity will grow which is what we need in the market as you saw with the poll. I'm in the market for a reliable luxury convertible coupe and not a Ferrari. Again, different target audiences!

And of course if you're looking for crash test dummies, just send one my way. :efee612b4b:

Edited by Anj Villarruz
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Biped Phil said:

"Long hold" is not good enough. When cargo shifts in storage, it too may apply a "long hold" by leaning against the V8.  Better than long hold would be: a lip around a recessed button, so you would power on/off only by poking directly at it.

Can be done using the lift switch togeter with the power button to make it more safe. Actually is used for turn on/off the side ligth and maybe it can be reasigned to power on/off in a firmware update. But I like the v5f button behaivor: short turns on/off the front ligth and long switch on/off the EUC.

Actually I like a small lcd screen with configurable information like top speed configuration, temp, speed, range... It can be alterned pushing both power and lift buttons, single or double push with lift holded switch optinos, hold both activate or deactivate option selected

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Demargon said:

Can be done using the lift switch togeter with the power button to make it more safe. Actually is used for turn on/off the side ligth and maybe it can be reasigned to power on/off in a firmware update.

That (or a lip) sounds like a pretty good idea. The only concern I can see is that some first-time users will complain that they are not able to turn the wheel on.

46 minutes ago, Demargon said:

Actually I like a small lcd screen with configurable information like top speed configuration, temp, speed, range...

I'd prefer a lean and seamlessly functioning app over a built-in screen.

Otherwise, I quite like the V8 short-press power button behavior (I hate these long wait press on switches), but I also did a minor modification to it. Mainly the upper lip is relevant to protect the button from unintentional use and to allow using it easily with gloves and even without looking.

mod1.jpg.3c59aee023380b63de74727b87eeddc

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1