Battery won't charge past 91%

Lunar

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, TechShizzle said:

Same issue on my V10F with 950 miles on it. Doesn’t charge past 90%, and tilts back at 20 mph. This was on  lassis mode. I’ll try comfort mode to see if it makes any difference. 

Won’t make a difference to charging. I’d try to upgrade the app and the firmware, as I think the V10F had an issue of displaying wrong voltage or percentage at some point.

14 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Won’t make a difference to charging. I’d try to upgrade the app and the firmware, as I think the V10F had an issue of displaying wrong voltage or percentage at some point.

Thanks for the reply.

Both app and firmware are current. Checked the charger and it’s charging at 84 volts.

1 minute ago, TechShizzle said:

Thanks for the reply.

Both app and firmware are current. Checked the charger and it’s charging at 84 volts.

I bought a non-original charger for my V10 .. I can bring the 83 Volt battery to EUC WORLD marks ... the charger is 84 V (measured)

• Like 1

On 7/18/2020 at 12:30 AM, TechShizzle said:

Thanks for the reply.

What voltage does the app report after charging? And does the voltage increase or decrease right after the charger LED turns green?

• 1 month later...
On 11/27/2019 at 1:35 AM, alcatraz said:

Actually it solved itself. Maybe the wheel is in an odd mode and just needs some time to get out of it.

After a few tens of charge cycles, mine started reaching full charge on itself as well.

Today it only annoys me by being incapable of the stated 40 km/h, consistently beeping at 35 km/h or less.

After my V5 and V8 that reached their exact spec max speeds - it surprised me, especially with a more expensive wheel, but it's another topic. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi guys

I have a V8 and the last four weeks were a nighmare. The max charge went 82% then 63% then 51% and now it is 40%.

The charger reads 84,1V  by the multimeter. The charge time is also very short now. The range is reduced to 10kms.

I have 500kms (310miles) in the wheel so very soon to start degrading. Support tells me I need a new battery.

The battery the wheel came with was not working either. When I started the wheel it beeped and then turned off. So they have sent a new battery which worked fine for 500kms and now this happens. 

I have a feeling the wheel itself is faulty and killing batteries.

Any thoughts on that? I would really appreciate any ideas as the support on says send video and send serial and the battery must be changed.

But what is happening they dont say.

cheers

• Like 1

On 10/20/2020 at 1:01 PM, patrickovics said:

I have a V8 and the last four weeks were a nighmare. The max charge went 82% then 63% then 51% and now it is 40%.

Have you read the voltages from a mobile app connected to your wheel? Do they match the % values?

I have a feeling the wheel itself is faulty and killing batteries.

I haven’t heard of such, and can’t think of a situation where that could happen. But it is certainly possible that the seller sold you a very old stock wheel, and then shipped a very old stock battery as a replacement.

But having the charge being terminated that early is definitely strange as well. Basically it would mean that two serial blocks of batteries have always died. Unless there is an issue in how the BMS or the wheel reads the voltage reading.

Is the battery still under warranty? With most sellers the battery warranty is only 6 months.

Edited by mrelwood

31 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Have you read the voltages from a mobile app connected to your wheel? Do they batch the % values?

I haven’t heard of such, and can’t think of a situation where that could happen. But it is certainly possible that the seller sold you a very old stock wheel, and then shipped a very old stock battery as a replacement.

But having the charge being terminated that early is definitely strange as well. Basically it would mean that two serial blocks of batteries have always died. Unless there is an issue in how the BMS or the wheel reads the voltage reading.

Is the battery still under warranty? With most sellers the battery warranty is only 6 months.

Well they say the warranty starts when they send the item. It took more than a month to arrive and it is the difference. So I am unlucky with inmotion global store. They are not helpful and fair.

The % values are from inmotion app and the euc app and also the meter on the wheel.

4 hours ago, patrickovics said:

I'll try to disconnect the battery from the main board and charge it that way. Wish me luck 

I don’t think it will make a difference. I would check the actual voltage readings on the app, and if you’re opening up the wheel anyway, compare them with the voltage measured directly at the battery.

If they match, I don’t think there’s a way around it, the battery cells or the BMS inside the battery is bust.

On 10/22/2020 at 3:31 PM, mrelwood said:

I don’t think it will make a difference. I would check the actual voltage readings on the app, and if you’re opening up the wheel anyway, compare them with the voltage measured directly at the battery.

If they match, I don’t think there’s a way around it, the battery cells or the BMS inside the battery is bust.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jucq05dibt6kbd1/IMG_20201023_130351.jpg?dl=0

Any idea what kind of battery is it?

Lxv872v

The original was

Lxv874v

18 minutes ago, patrickovics said:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jucq05dibt6kbd1/IMG_20201023_130351.jpg?dl=0

Any idea what kind of battery is it?

Lxv872v

The original was

Lxv874v

Not sure what you mean. That is just an internal Inmotion model number for the product. There may have been just some perfectly insignificant changes that they just gave a new product number.

The battery pack is specific to the V8, and can’t be replaced with anything else than another V8 battery.

• 4 weeks later...

I need help!
I bought a brand new Inmotion V10F a few days ago and unfortunately I have the same problem. The wheel stops charging at 85%. I discharged it and charged again several times, but no difference. The charger I use is the original charger. I checked the charger and it is charging at 84 volts. I can also charge the V10F of my brother with this charger to 100%. So this cannot be a problem of the charger! The charging process always stops at 85%/80,5V.

I have read here that this is maybe a software bug and there exists a solution with an usb-stick.

Can anybody help me to solve this problem and tell me what to do? 
My dealer where I bought the V10F isn’t really helpful 😏

My serial number of the V10F is 14408A5F9A41002B

3 hours ago, Hans-Peter Lehmann said:

Can anybody help me to solve this problem and tell me what to do? 

My dealer where I bought the V10F isn’t really helpful 😏

You have a legal expenses insurance? Your reseller owns you a working EUC! Or is it from outside the EU and so legally not to be enforced?

Maybe @Inmotion Global can help you?

• 4 weeks later...

I am having the same problem with my V10. I have about 500km on it only but it never charges beyond 91/92% but the charger light goes green. I am about to get a volt meter to see what the voltage on the charger is. I sent an email to InMotion customer service a couple of months ago and did not get a reply.

• Like 2

Always suspect the charger first, don't worry about the wheel too early:)  Chargers are cheaply built.

44 minutes ago, Hectop said:

I sent an email to InMotion customer service a couple of months ago and did not get a reply.

Months? I hope not about this issue.

In doubt, your seller should be the better point of contact.

2 hours ago, Hectop said:

I am having the same problem with my V10. I have about 500km on it only but it never charges beyond 91/92% but the charger light goes green. I am about to get a volt meter to see what the voltage on the charger is. I sent an email to InMotion customer service a couple of months ago and did not get a reply.

Good luck in solving this problem! I also wrote to customer service but got no answer. I contacted the shop where I bought it and tried to send the wheel back for inspection, but at the moment I have big problems with shipping company, because of the corona crisis. I will let you know what happens in future.....

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Always suspect the charger first, don't worry about the wheel too early:)  Chargers are cheaply built.

Months? I hope not about this issue.

In doubt, your seller should be the better point of contact.

Yes, about this issue, months. and no reply. I just checked my charger and my voltmeter measures 84.1 volts.

To be clear, I really like my V10. I have gone for up to 35km trips with it and I have done gravel roads as well. If I could resolve this one issue I would be at 100% happy. The basic question I have is, is this a software quirk or is the battery actually not fully charged? Because I would love to be able to squeeze out a few more kilometres out of a charge if it is not 100% charged now.

One added thing. The charger is at 84.1 volts but my App gives me a vehicle voltage as 81.5 - 81.7 volts (these vary with the 91 - 92 % battery indication in the App).

Am I to assume the battery is actually not fully charged?

18 minutes ago, Hectop said:

The basic question I have is, is this a software quirk or is the battery actually not fully charged?

11 minutes ago, Hectop said:

The charger is at 84.1 volts but my App gives me a vehicle voltage as 81.5 - 81.7 volts (these vary with the 91 - 92 % battery indication in the App).

Am I to assume the battery is actually not fully charged?

Looks like your battery is not fully charged and damaged (otherwise it would fully charge).

This is dangerous insofar as that damaged batteries are always a cause for concern (worst case: the wheel suddenly stops working during riding, or can start a fire any time). Sorry for the bad news, but don't sit on this.

Who's your seller? It's really that guy's job to interpret this and offer a fix.

49 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Looks like your battery is not fully charged and damaged (otherwise it would fully charge).

This is dangerous insofar as that damaged batteries are always a cause for concern (worst case: the wheel suddenly stops working during riding, or can start a fire any time). Sorry for the bad news, but don't sit on this.

Who's your seller? It's really that guy's job to interpret this and offer a fix.

I actually purchased it directly from InMotion Canada. I will reach out to them again. But to your point, if it is the battery, why does the charger stop and the light goes green even though the battery voltage is not at 100% yet? Would not the charger keep trying to charge it?