Try My Best to Help Our INMOTION Fans

Jason Jiao

43 minutes ago, FreeRide said:

One more note about batteries, I think it is time to migrate to 21700 cells on at least a few models.  I know large supplies are tight, but they are the future.

Stick with 18650 cells ... easy to find and cheap.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Highly highly highly advocate a V8 Mk II

That little wheel is such a beast:

Light

Somewhat powerful

Shapely

I'd even be happy with just more power rather than a bigger battery (if weight became an issue), because the V8 is THAT good

6 hours ago, Siggy said:

Light

Somewhat powerful

Shapely

I'd even be happy with just more power rather than a bigger battery (if weight became an issue), because the V8 is THAT good

@Siggy   Great. We are thinking about roll out V8 upgrade version. 

8 hours ago, Nic said:
8 hours ago, FreeRide said:

One more note about batteries, I think it is time to migrate to 21700 cells on at least a few models.  I know large supplies are tight, but they are the future.

Stick with 18650 cells ... easy to find and cheap.

@Nic  Correct. 21700 might be the future. But the supply is the biggest problem for now.

9 hours ago, Nic said:

As much battery as you can squeeze into the shell (at least 500wh+ preferably 700wh+) ... range is very important because in hilly areas the battery drains very quickly making current version v5f useless to me even for short trips. I have the v8 and its needing more battery (I am building 720wh replacement). I like the size and weight of the v8 and the trolley handle is nicer than on the v10. I think some replaceable rubber bumpers on a rugged version would be great to protect from falls especially while learning. I love the lights on the v8 and v10. Maybe consider an LCD display so that users don't need a mobile phone to access and configure the unit. You can hide the display under a protective cover when not in use.

@Demargon  Indeed. And we have noticed the problem. For the past few months, we have been communicating with our distributor where high hills are quite often to see in their countries, like Norway. Speed might not be the most wanted feature but a strong motor to climb over the high hills. 

On 11/22/2018 at 12:15 PM, eddiemoy said:

It’s been 2 months and I’ve still got zero support on The Inmotion Hovershoes.  @Jeffrey Scott Will Ping me on email 2 weeks ago then disappeared when I asked where I should ship the shoes.  Your support is a joke.  The absolute worst support experience bar none!  It is like there is no company to back up their product.  It is really unbelievable.  

On 11/23/2018 at 1:14 AM, FreeRide said:

I think more work needs to be done with easily replaceable battery packs.  That allows the wheel to remain small and work for shorter trips as well as some longer ones.  I like how many e-bikes have now done to easily replaceable batteries that can be swapped in 15 seconds or less without any special tools.  My bike uses swappable packs that are greater than 600Wh, and there are bigger ones.  Like an electric car, more consideration needs to be given to the design and placement of the battery system.  If you are going to put the battery on top of the wheel then there is no reason it could not be easily replaceable.  

Actually we have tried to make replaceable battery packs and tested, the sample still not work well after hundreds of tests. We need to consider more before you release a new EUC, to avoid any accident.

On 11/23/2018 at 5:31 AM, Harold Farrenkopf said:

V10F is almost perfect. Just need firmware fixed perfectly with working app and larger adaquate heat sink to stop the overload caused by heat. A better headlight so it doesn’t blind oncoming drivers. 

Thanks, Harold.

Hi Jason

Great to hear from you.

If i buy a V8 through Aliexpress from your store will it be a European version and will it have a warranty?

Will your dealers in the UK carry out warranty repairs?

Thanks

Arr

On 11/21/2018 at 7:52 AM, Jason Jiao said:

This is Jason from INMOTION HQ.  I think I need to be here to solve issues for you, so pls pls feel free to leave posts here. Maybe I cannot reply in time, but I will try my best to help one by one.

Well, a clear and official communication from Inmotion HQ about the waterproof issues would be nice.  There has been quite some discussion with contradictory information from Inmotion USA vs China HQ.  

Which wheels are not waterproof ? V10 and/or V10F and what serial number ranges ?

For instance, my V10 serial starts with 125.  Waterproof or not ? 

If not, what are the repair options for non-USA clients ?

I try to avoid rain showers as much as possible, but sometimes you just are caught in  the rain, or you must ride on a wet road.  As some of us ride in the middle of nowhere, calling an Uber at such times  isn't always an option.

• 3 weeks later...

Can we get a tad more torque from the V10F from a stop? People can't do pendulums with the hesitation, and it makes it a bit harder to get out of an imbalance from an extremely slow, almost stopped speed.   Heavier wheels with the same motor power (looking at KS18L) are better at this, ironically. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/16/2018 at 5:36 AM, Glitched said:

Can we get a tad more torque from the V10F from a stop? People can't do pendulums with the hesitation, and it makes it a bit harder to get out of an imbalance from an extremely slow, almost stopped speed.   Heavier wheels with the same motor power (looking at KS18L) are better at this, ironically. 

Noted, will report to our technical dept.

On 12/1/2018 at 1:56 AM, rmrlct said:

I would like to help you guys to translate de inmotion app to Brazilian Portuguese.

If you guys want help, please contact me

best regards

Renato

Many thanks, actaully this is also what we want to do. could you leave me your email or could u send email to me jason@imscv.com ? Or could you contact our partner (www.emove.mobi or www.eletricz.com.br) in Brazil, or shall I ask them to contact you, my friend?

On 11/29/2018 at 4:50 AM, Kristof Willen said:

Well, a clear and official communication from Inmotion HQ about the waterproof issues would be nice.  There has been quite some discussion with contradictory information from Inmotion USA vs China HQ.  

Which wheels are not waterproof ? V10 and/or V10F and what serial number ranges ?

For instance, my V10 serial starts with 125.  Waterproof or not ? 

If not, what are the repair options for non-USA clients ?

I try to avoid rain showers as much as possible, but sometimes you just are caught in  the rain, or you must ride on a wet road.  As some of us ride in the middle of nowhere, calling an Uber at such times  isn't always an option.

Sorry for any inconvenience, could you leave me your SN of your V10F? I will check if it's the batch with waterproof defect. Don't worry, we will help.

On 11/27/2018 at 9:59 PM, Arr said:

Hi Jason

Great to hear from you.

If i buy a V8 through Aliexpress from your store will it be a European version and will it have a warranty?

Will your dealers in the UK carry out warranty repairs?

Thanks

Arr

Hi friend, sorry to reply late as I'm pretty busy recently. If you buy from our authorized store on aliexpress store, it would be an European version. We guarantee 1 year warranty, but I'm sorry, we don't have an official repair center in UK now. If you could need to repair, we could ask our dealer to help. The spare part for repairing would be free.

Jason can you please advise on if Inmotion plans to fix their app for purchasing light patterns? Currently it is possible to spend lecoin to purchase light patterns but the purchased light patterns are not available to load to the wheel. 

Please can somebody help me to to unregister in the Inmotion IOS app my S/N with some old user's account? Bought secondhand V8 but the old owner doesn' respond now (already uninstalled this app) and I can't register it.

I sent request more times to inmotion support email. Without response :-(

17 hours ago, jitesar said:

Please can somebody help me to to unregister in the Inmotion IOS app my S/N with some old user's account? Bought secondhand V8 but the old owner doesn' respond now (already uninstalled this app) and I can't register it.

I have the exact same issue!

Hi Jason and Liam - 

I have a V5F and a new V10F.  

Like a lot of folks I learned on the V5F and it was a great starter wheel.  I totally understand its popularity - but I outgrew it. 

My V10F had it's waterproofing recall done before purchase.  Jason at ewheels took care of me.

Wanted to let you know I really love the "tall" aspect of the wheel.  I wouldn't change the form factor at all...it fits my body perfectly.  Like some other riders I'd appreciate more torque off the line and more power for hills.  If this could be adjusted in firmware that'd be ideal.

Also count me in the group that would prefer more power for hills than speed.  I live in a hilly area and while the V10F handles them without overloads, it does slow down appreciably on the incline.  I had the option of getting an MCM5 (great on hills) but after some consideration I figured the larger size of the V10F would be a better fit, and it is.

Overall I'm very happy with the V10F as is - but hope you can address some of the power issues in firmware.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2018 at 3:30 AM, Siggy said:

Light

Somewhat powerful

Shapely

Thanks

On 2/7/2019 at 2:47 PM, jitesar said:

Done, thanks Inmotion support!

1 hour ago, Jason Jiao said:

Thanks

V8 has great ratio in weight!!, size, commuting performance.

I vote for more battery capacity. 480Wh looks a bit outdated in these days. I think we can't add more power without that. And more power and more battery means heavier wheel... Then we will approach to V10. But maybe changing battery cells in power pack can give us more Wh in replaceable pack with similar weight.

All my 3 kids are IM wheeled (1 x V5F, 2 x V8) :-)

3 hours ago, jitesar said:

V8 has great ratio in weight!!, size, commuting performance.

I vote for more battery capacity. 480Wh looks a bit outdated in these days. I think we can't add more power without that. And more power and more battery means heavier wheel... Then we will approach to V10. But maybe changing battery cells in power pack can give us more Wh in replaceable pack with similar weight.

All my 3 kids are IM wheeled (1 x V5F, 2 x V8) :-)

Add a couple of kilos and it will still be a light wheel at 16kg. More battery ... the power is plenty enough already and a larger battery will provide the motor with more power. Don't make the EUC taller or wider to get the larger battery in ... make it fatter because I had to add pads just so that it would touch the inside of my calves for support because it is too thin for me to squeeze with my legs.

1 hour ago, Nic said:

make it fatter because I had to add pads just so that it would touch the inside of my thighs for support because it is too thin for me to squeeze with my legs.

Interesting. Naturally we are all different. Personally I like thin wheels and I wouldn't want it to touch my legs. 

55 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

Interesting. Naturally we are all different. Personally I like thin wheels and I wouldn't want it to touch my legs. 

I should have said calves not thighs ... lol

How are you going to stop wobbles if you can't squeeze the wheel?

Archived