Try My Best to Help Our INMOTION Fans

Jason Jiao

This is Jason from INMOTION HQ, not Jason from ewheels, that guy is a nice person. I'm sure you have many questions to ask me. I checked some posts and felt surprised, as there were many misunderstandings. As being a member of INMOTION for almost 2 years, I think I need to be here to solve issues for you, so pls pls feel free to leave posts here. Maybe I cannot reply in time, but I will try my best to help one by one.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys. This is Liam from Inmotion HQ.  Sorry for being late. 

For the past few months, we have been through a lot.  Thank you for your constant support to Inmotion. And I also really appreciate that Jeffrey and Bob spending lots of time and effort here to help you guys. I'm here to help with our crew. Question about Inmotion is various from a different kind.

Are we done? Nope. Actually, we are still growing and keep providing service all the time but maybe in a different way. One more thing, we are not brought by any company

Are we listening? Yes! No direct service in this forum. I have to admit that. But we are not leaving you guys alone in this forum. As you can see, the update of the Inmotion App is still on the go. That's because we are listening. Hundreds of emails from the customers every day have been solved by our service team.

How to get help from Inmotion Global?

If you have any after-sale problem, you can send it to service@imscv.com. (The best way to get help is to offer SN of your Inmotion Vehicle and illustrate your problem in the email. Then you will get help within 24 to 48 hours. )  

If you have any complaints about the distributors or the deal, you can send it to marketing@imscv.com.

You can also send it to my email: liam@imscv.com

Sorry again for not being about to show up earlier.

Hey @Jason Jiao and @Liamfind, good to have you here! I am wondering: what is in the pipeline as the next EUC at InMotion? Personally, I would really like to see an upgrade of the V8, like https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/11892-ninebot-one-e-inmotion-v8-whats-next/ though I could understand if you wouldn't be in a hurry for this, as even after 2 years there is still no direct competitor to the V8 on the market.

Hi,

Good time to show up.  While Ninebot is trying to figure out if they want to sell EUCs anymore, and if they want to be a serious company that supports their products, their dealers, and their distributors, you might have the opportunity to be come a premier manufacture of the coolest and most practical last mile transportation device to have been invented.  Not to mention all it's other values.  It's not without challenges this device and this market.  I hope you are up to developing a market not just trying to exist in one.  Good Luck!

13 hours ago, Mono said:

Hey @Jason Jiao and @Liamfind, good to have you here! I am wondering: what is in the pipeline as the next EUC at InMotion? Personally, I would really like to see an upgrade of the V8, like https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/11892-ninebot-one-e-inmotion-v8-whats-next/ though I could understand if you wouldn't be in a hurry for this, as even after 2 years there is still no direct competitor to the V8 on the market.

Thanks, Mono. We're sure the next EUC will come out, EUC is INMOTION’ Key Product, We won't give up and will continue to research and develop it, continue to contributing to this industry.

9 hours ago, FreeRide said:

Hi,

Good time to show up.  While Ninebot is trying to figure out if they want to sell EUCs anymore, and if they want to be a serious company that supports their products, their dealers, and their distributors, you might have the opportunity to be come a premier manufacture of the coolest and most practical last mile transportation device to have been invented.  Not to mention all it's other values.  It's not without challenges this device and this market.  I hope you are up to developing a market not just trying to exist in one.  Good Luck!

Thanks, FreeRide.

13 hours ago, Mono said:

Hi @Mono  It seems we are thinking about the same thing. As for the next design of InMotion EUC, it's still under discussion. Last time, I made a poll on Facebook about the next EUC.

Check this out: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ElectricUnicycle/?multi_permalinks=1884433704987917&notif_id=1541577267684622&notif_t=feedback_reaction_generic

image.png.f0280d10bb6634bb4c0294e02976f03b.png

@Jason Jiao

@Liamfind

Please make a V5 upgrade with 14" x 3" tire, 1500W average power, and 40kph maximum speed.

The V5 is still the best EUC you've produced in my opinion, just too slow now for today's market, probably why people favor the V8.

.... and this time, please consider sending beta test units 3 to 5 months before official production, to the main Western EUC markets like New York / Paris / Moscow, so we can avoid the V10/V10F problems.

Also, who is @JASONJIAO then? :blink:

7 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Please make a V5 upgrade with 14" x 3" tire, 1500W average power, and 40kph maximum speed.

The V5 is still the best EUC you've produced in my opinion, just too slow now for today's market, probably why people favor the V8.

.... and this time, please consider sending beta test units 3 to 5 months before official production, to the main Western EUC markets like New York / Paris / Moscow, so we can avoid the V10/V10F problems.

Hey, @houseofjob   You are correct. V5 is not powerful enough for the current situation. But the price and the performance is acceptable for the beginner I guess.

As for the beta test unit, we will think about it. Thanks.

@JasonJiao and @Jason Jiao are the same. But he prefers to choose the new one.

22 minutes ago, Liamfind said:

Hey, @houseofjob   You are correct. V5 is not powerful enough for the current situation. But the price and the performance is acceptable for the beginner I guess.

As for the beta test unit, we will think about it. Thanks.

@JasonJiao and @Jason Jiao are the same. But he prefers to choose the new one.

Thanks!

My point on the V5 is that there is a market for 14" EUCs, but no real choices.

Many of us on this forum purchased the not so beautiful Gotway MCM5 because it is the only 14" with enough power for experienced riders. 

I would much rather prefer to buy a new and upgraded 2019 model 14" x 3" InMotion V5G ;) I don't even care if you kept a similar design / shell, as it is still excellent!

Either way, thanks for listening!

7 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Thanks!

Many of us on this forum purchased the not so beautiful Gotway MCM5 because it is the only 14" with enough power for experienced riders. 

I would much rather prefer to buy a new and upgraded 2019 model 14" x 3" InMotion V5G ;) I don't even care if you kept a similar design / shell, as it is still excellent!

I agree. The 14" wheels offer a feeling you can't get with the larger ones. A serious performing 14" wheel with 3" tire width and decent pedal clearance would be a game changer. 

8 minutes ago, dieterGRAMS said:

I agree. The 14" wheels offer a feeling you can't get with the larger ones. A serious performing 14" wheel with 3" tire width and decent pedal clearance would be a game changer. 

@dieterGRAMS  On my way to make it happen. Any other advice on the V5 ideal model?

It’s been 2 months and I’ve still got zero support on The Inmotion Hovershoes.  @Jeffrey Scott Will Ping me on email 2 weeks ago then disappeared when I asked where I should ship the shoes.  Your support is a joke.  The absolute worst support experience bar none!  It is like there is no company to back up their product.  It is really unbelievable.  

Sorry, just to further explain: for a new model V5, a fatter 3" tire is important because:

• a smaller 14" tire needs more width for shock absorption when riding on poor pavement / bad roads
  • fatter tires are easier for beginners to learn on, especially since the cheaper 14" wheels attract more new beginner customers
  • the small 14" with fat tire will be unique, making it different from the existing Gotway MCM5

... plus, I know Chao Yang already makes a 14" x 3" wide tire for electric scooters.

The reason why people here want a new version V8, even though both the new V10 & V8 are the same tire diameter of 16", is because the V10 became too tall. Many want the power of a big wheel, but with the smallest and shortest body size possible.

Making this fat 14" tire newer V5 will give you both I think.

Also, please don't be afraid to make your future InMotion wheels with wider bodies, so the battery can be placed opposite the control board side, where on all your current wheels (V5/V8/V10) there is just unused, empty space.

Many customers would prefer the wheel become wider/thicker to house more battery, not taller, like how the V10F became too tall, because all the battery sits above the wheel.

Plus, I know many of your customers who even think the current InMotion wheels are too thin.

1 hour ago, eddiemoy said:

It’s been 2 months and I’ve still got zero support on The Inmotion Hovershoes.  @Jeffrey Scott Will Ping me on email 2 weeks ago then disappeared when I asked where I should ship the shoes.  Your support is a joke.  The absolute worst support experience bar none!  It is like there is no company to back up their product.  It is really unbelievable.  

Hi @eddiemoy  I guess they might be some mistake there. You can send the details to service@imscv.com my colleague from service team will help you out.

1 hour ago, houseofjob said:

Also, please don't be afraid to make your future InMotion wheels with wider bodies, so the battery can be placed opposite the control board side, where on all your current wheels (V5/V8/V10) there is just unused, empty space.

Many customers would prefer the wheel become wider/thicker to house more battery, not taller, like how the V10F became too tall, because all the battery sits above the wheel.

Plus, I know many of your customers who even think the current InMotion wheels are too thin.

@housejob Yes. I have received some emails of talking about the thin body of V10. It takes some time to change the inner layout. I will report it to our Design Team.

4 hours ago, houseofjob said:

@Jason Jiao

@Liamfind

Thank you for your idea, actually we are considering to produce an upgraded V8, not V5. And for us, 40km/h on V10 is risky already, we don't want to compete with other brand on speed. Thank you all the same, we will discuss the upgraded V5 then.

3 hours ago, houseofjob said:

Thanks!

Have you ever tried V5F+ before?

Welcome to the forums, and thank you for dedicating some of your time in offering to help InMotion riders here and trying to explain what is happening currently.

Could you tell us how the V10F waterproofing modifications are going?  Are you anywhere close to 100% yet with the recall?  Also, was a root cause for the reported battery fires ever determined?  Is encasing the batteries in the hardshell 100% reliable in avoiding fires?  I think some people’s confidence has been shaken.  Will future designs incorporate more waterproofing standards and methods of avoiding battery fires?

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Welcome to the forums, and thank you for dedicating some of your time in offering to help InMotion riders here and trying to explain what is happening currently.

Could you tell us how the V10F waterproofing modifications are going?  Are you anywhere close to 100% yet with the recall?  Also, was a root cause for the reported battery fires ever determined?  Is encasing the batteries in the hardshell 100% reliable in avoiding fires?  I think some people’s confidence has been shaken.  Will future designs incorporate more waterproofing standards and methods of avoiding battery fires?

@Hunka Hunka Burning LovePlease be assured that the battery V10F has been seriously taken care of. We have improved the ability of waterproof with more sealed glue and one more protective case. It's not responsible if  I say that it's 100% waterproof. But it's a lot better than the first batch. And riding in the heavy rain is always not suggested. 

As for future modifications of waterproof, the answer is solid that we will keep working on it and improving the standards. 

5 hours ago, houseofjob said:

The thin wide of the inmotion makes it unique in mce market, I keep buying Inmotion only becouse that, if I wish a fat and short euc I have the v3, 16s, tesla or z10. But the thin body makes muth more sense in my country rides or city conmuting and I didn´t want anything wider. Also I get mutch better control of the euc thanks to the tall size of the shell, is mutch more confortable to ride a tall and thin euc than a wide and short one. The ergonomics focused build and the grat contact surface makes v10 the most confortable wheel for me.

Please Inmotion, keep doing it your way and don´t copycat the desing of the widers euc. Batteries on top are great!

4 hours ago, Demargon said:

The thin wide of the inmotion makes it unique in mce market, I keep buying Inmotion only becouse that, if I wish a fat and short euc I have the v3, 16s, tesla or z10. But the thin body makes muth more sense in my country rides or city conmuting and I didn´t want anything wider. Also I get mutch better control of the euc thanks to the tall size of the shell, is mutch more confortable to ride a tall and thin euc than a wide and short one. The ergonomics focused build and the grat contact surface makes v10 the most confortable wheel for me.

Please Inmotion, keep doing it your way and don´t copycat the desing of the widers euc. Batteries on top are great!

I don't mean they go super fat like other manufacturers, but literally there is always dead empty space on one side of InMotion wheels, which always seemed like very inefficient design to me when you can fit some kind of battery in there.

It personally doesn't matter to me either way, but I know many potential buyers were complaining about particularly the V10 body now being too high, expecting it to be the same height as the V8, being a 16".

7 hours ago, Jason Jiao said:

Have you ever tried V5F+ before?

Yes, I have owned all InMotion one wheel EUCs, including the V5F+, plus 13 other different wheels from your competitors.

The V5F+ was one of my favorite wheels out of all, but it is too slow for today.

7 hours ago, Jason Jiao said:

Thank you for your idea, actually we are considering to produce an upgraded V8, not V5. And for us, 40km/h on V10 is risky already, we don't want to compete with other brand on speed. Thank you all the same, we will discuss the upgraded V5 then.

That's fine and understandable, the V8 was very popular.

But a new V8 will not be a very big success if the speed does not reach 50km/h, especially as King Song is definitely planning their new 16" EUC, and anything below 40km/h is not safe when riding next to car traffic, which many of your customers need to do, including myself.

And 50km/h is not considered fast any more by experienced EUC customers; your competitors are making wheels faster than this, even Ninebot is reaching 45km/h with their new Z.

Also, if this upgraded V8 still only goes 30km/h, or even 5km/h faster, I think most people will just buy the old V8.

8 hours ago, Liamfind said:

@housejob Yes. I have received some emails of talking about the thin body of V10. It takes some time to change the inner layout. I will report it to our Design Team.

Yes I understand, thanks!

12 hours ago, Liamfind said:

@dieterGRAMS  On my way to make it happen. Any other advice on the V5 ideal model?

As much battery as you can squeeze into the shell (at least 500wh+ preferably 700wh+) ... range is very important because in hilly areas the battery drains very quickly making current version v5f useless to me even for short trips. I have the v8 and its needing more battery (I am building 720wh replacement). I like the size and weight of the v8 and the trolley handle is nicer than on the v10. I think some replaceable rubber bumpers on a rugged version would be great to protect from falls especially while learning. I love the lights on the v8 and v10. Maybe consider an LCD display so that users don't need a mobile phone to access and configure the unit. You can hide the display under a protective cover when not in use.

I think more work needs to be done with easily replaceable battery packs.  That allows the wheel to remain small and work for shorter trips as well as some longer ones.  I like how many e-bikes have now done to easily replaceable batteries that can be swapped in 15 seconds or less without any special tools.  My bike uses swappable packs that are greater than 600Wh, and there are bigger ones.  Like an electric car, more consideration needs to be given to the design and placement of the battery system.  If you are going to put the battery on top of the wheel then there is no reason it could not be easily replaceable.  

Archived