Are the Inmotion wheels sold by Gearbest now legit?

rolekl

2 hours ago, adampj said:

Yo @KevinvdV, @Simone Malicius!

Just checking in with you guys - how are you both getting on with your new wheels?! :laughbounce2:

hey is going great.. incredible how in 1 weeks things changed... 1st day I couldn't even step on the pedal lol

now I can move around.. still have so. e things to calibrate like turns  but I'd say I'm controlling it well :) since I'll use it for fun/free time I'll get some more time of training instead of freely roaming around ;) feeling is great though :wub:

what about you. @adampjand @KevinvdV

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did order v5f from gearbest so now waiting on it since 2 weeks back or so. My question now is... What was included in the package? 

Was there a trolley handle? Ive read some resellers sells this seperate so i went back to gearbest and they recommend v5f, Tire, pedals combo pack. Im really hoping its for spare parts but can someone verify this? 

I also plan to drill thru pedals to add small support wheels like skateboard wheels, have anyone done this or have any other tips to save your inmotion from The best up during my learning curve? 

Kevin how did you modify Lighting? 

I also plan on making a custom paintjob but I might wait with that incase i scratch it. 

Sincerely/ TK

39 minutes ago, Tobias Michael Karlsson said:

I did order v5f from gearbest so now waiting on it since 2 weeks back or so. My question now is... What was included in the package? 

Was there a trolley handle? Ive read some resellers sells this seperate so i went back to gearbest and they recommend v5f, Tire, pedals combo pack. Im really hoping its for spare parts but can someone verify this? 

I also plan to drill thru pedals to add small support wheels like skateboard wheels, have anyone done this or have any other tips to save your inmotion from The best up during my learning curve? 

I also plan on making a custom paintjob but I might wait with that incase i scratch it. 

Sincerely/ TK

I just taped the front light. Works perfectly! 

You'll get every part needed (like handle etc) but no spare parts. I don't recommend cutting in the pedals though, I assume it's for learning? It won't take to long to get a hang of it. 

Oh and btw, watch out with the screws of the handle, the steel is kind of weak (not like bad quality, but you can damage the tap). 

My gf bought a v5f, and wrapped a tissue around it with tape to protect the wheel. You can always buy protective tape for a more permanently protection 

3 hours ago, Tobias Michael Karlsson said:

I also plan to drill thru pedals to add small support wheels like skateboard wheels, have anyone done this

There were such wheels offered with earlier EUCs. Never had such, but reports were mostly negative. One has to drive very slowly with them (or they get stuck at small obstacles and one falls). Driving an EUC very slowly is much harder to learn than at about fast walking/slower running speed. So it was reported that such helper wheels enable one to drive at "crawling" speeds but do not help learning riding an EUC.

People used shopping carts for beginning.

For me the starting was to just take about 15-20 minutes "trials" about twice a day and await "patiently" until the brain/muscle memory just manages to drive an EUC. I made the first few trials in a long cellar corridor, were i could just touch both walls. 

Ps: use wrist guards and knee pads from the beginning!

Support wheels are mostly useless and actively stop you from learning after 2 minutes. They're there for overly anxious people and people who need instant gratification ("riding" after 10 seconds) but there is a reason nobody uses them any more - they're useless at best.

Don't destroy your nice pedals for this! Learn like everyone else.

Its actually less for learning aid more for protection, i will probably use some foam wrap and cover the wrap with duct tape, anyone willing to show off their scratches? :)

As of now im thinking a thick "belt" of foam right below the knee pads and slighty thicker aswell as some pedal protection, i will probably use some flat metall sheet here perhaps just bend a 1.5mm Steel plate over the pedals. 

And maybe thin layer foam on The chassi where the pedals fold up. 

This with my logic would save it from alot of scratches. Show me your abused v5, s :D

Protect your wheel all you want, BUT generally you should not try to catch it if you have a run off.

• If you worry about the wheel getting damaged, you'll hinder your learning because you're not relaxed.
  • Also, a lot of unlucky and completely avoidable injuries tend to happen when people try to save the wheel instead of just running off relaxedly and caring foremost for themselves (from nasty shin hits to unlucky steps ending in knee damage).

Learn from other people's mistakes;)

So pad your wheel up as much as you like, and then do not worry about it. Also, I think metal protection plates are a bit overkill. A wheel without some characteristic scratches is no real wheel:D You can even just use cardboard and duct tape to protect the pedal and pedal bracket undersides. After 2 weeks, you can remove the padding.

On 1/18/2019 at 12:36 AM, Tobias Michael Karlsson said:

Sincerely/ TK

Tk Trolley handle is included ! i even got official reply from gearbest ( but v5f is now in my hands and handle was inside package !)  all is included ! I believe extra wheel will ruin your learning curve cause they will make you dependent for yoru balance and it'll take time to learn to drive without !

Archived