Are the Inmotion wheels sold by Gearbest now legit?

rolekl

2 hours ago, KevinvdV said:

My gearbest app updated just now with some more chinese text saying "delivery". I assume delivered to UPS, so yours might have gotten an update as well? 

i wish .. LOL ! checked.. as i've been doing everyday since arrived in poland lol!

no change, on 24th actually i've got the same status you had on 19th but i thought it was a sort of glitch of the tracking while probably yours was inspected at customs earlier than mine ;)

it's ok after all.. it's just the simply wish to have it in hand as fast as possible LOL

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Simone Malicius said:

WAIT WAIT............ it's in TRANSIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :w00t2: so cool !!!!!! lol maybe i can still hope to get it before the end of the year LOL!!!!!!!

transit.jpg.eb7be339ae223b4ca0ec7f11e27f9870.jpg

Haha 😂 what a rollercoaster of emotions! Good luck to you, our wheels are now officially apart according to your timestamps 

3 days left after today, and I'm home until new year... 

I am kind of wondering if I didn't receive V5 instead of V5F? There is no mention of V5anywhere on the box or in the instruction. But according to the application this is V5F indeed.

The reason why Iam in doubt is that I have wheeled somewhere between 12-15km on one charge and my battery was already 38% :/ I weight about 90kg (end of bulk :)) now, but I assume I should be still in 30-40km range..

How are your wheels doing?

They might just use the same box for all V5 wheels.

320Wh should give you 16-17km, maybe a little bit less at 90kg, but maybe accurate because you're not going so fast. So your range makes sense. The V5 has 160Wh (or some other very small number, I forgot), you'd never gotten that far with a V5.

So you got the right wheel. 30-40km is a dirty lie by the manufacturers. There was the V5F+ (ewheels eclusive, no longer available) with 480Wh, but even that is a 25km wheel, not 30-40.

13 minutes ago, crun said:

Cool, thanks! :)

30km would be sweet spot for me, 15km means I will have to charge it in work as my trip to the office is approx 8km

I always carry the charger with me on my way to university, where I can charge it (though with my owb wheel I won't have to anymore) 

2 hours ago, crun said:

30km would be sweet spot for me, 15km means I will have to charge it in work as my trip to the office is approx 8km

You'll need a 650+Wh wheel for guaranteed 30km.

Simple formula: range in km = battery in Wh * 0.8/16 (lower end of range), or = battery*0.8/15 (upper end of range). It's a rough estimate (80kg rider at 30kph in non-cold temps), but works pretty well for all battery sizes at giving a typical range.

For example, an MCM5 ("800"Wh = 777Wh) gives you between 777*0.8/16=38.9km and 777*0.8/15=41,4km range, so it's a solid 40km wheel.

Even at walking speed, you might not get 30km out of your V5F. You could try how far it gets, you just need discipline keeping the speed down:efee8319ab:

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

You'll need a 650+Wh wheel for guaranteed 30km.

Simple formula: range in km = battery in Wh * 0.8/16 (lower end of range), or = battery*0.8/15 (upper end of range). It's a rough estimate (80kg rider at 30kph in non-cold temps), but works pretty well for all battery sizes at giving a typical range.

For example, an MCM5 ("800"Wh = 777Wh) gives you between 777*0.8/16=38.9km and 777*0.8/15=41,4km range, so it's a solid 40km wheel.

Even at walking speed, you might not get 30km out of your V5F. You could try how far it gets, you just need discipline keeping the speed down:efee8319ab:

So my InMotion V10f will give me a 'real' range of 48km, still a lot but a whole lot less than promised... 

Not sure btw if I ordered a V10F or a V10 🤔 gearbest says V10, but stats say V10F. Guess I'll see in 2 days 😍 

@KevinvdV, if you ordered from Gearbest, it is a V10. Once your shipment has left Herne-Boernig, Germany, next stop should be your hometown, Hopefully Monday if everything goes to plan. 😊

2 minutes ago, ED209 said:

@KevinvdV, if you ordered from Gearbest, it is a V10. Once your shipment has left Herne-Boernig, Germany, next stop should be your hometown, Hopefully Monday of everything goes to plan. 😊

It has left Herne-Boernig ≈ 10 hours ago, but I live in Belgium, not Germany. Either way, I don't expect a package on Sunday, so Monday it is. 

(spend the day refreshing ups though 😂

4 minutes ago, KevinvdV said:

spend the day refreshing ups though 😂

Have faith in us! 😊

5 hours ago, KevinvdV said:

So my InMotion V10f will give me a 'real' range of 48km, still a lot but a whole lot less than promised... 

Yep 1000Wh is a 50km wheel.

As far as promises, we need a new saying. Something like "trustworthy like a manufacturer's range claims". Meaning a statement that might theoretically, technically be true under some very ideal but misleading circumstances, but otherwise should be considered a blatant and intentional lie:efee8319ab:

seems like i've to wait " next year " :-P usually ups standard is 3 days from germany to italy but this time its doing an extra stop in germany

cause of that i won't get it !

Kevin i hope you have it already in your hands.. show us a picture ! Happy new year everyone !!!

I'll post a pic when i get it in my hands/arms ;)

22 minutes ago, Simone Malicius said:

seems like i've to wait " next year " :-P usually ups standard is 3 days from germany to italy but this time its doing an extra stop in germany

cause of that i won't get it !

Kevin i hope you have it already in your hands.. show us a picture ! Happy new year everyone !!!

I'll post a pic when i get it in my hands/arms ;)

This morning I was checking UPS, as always. Turned out it made another stop in Lumen. 

Then 2 seconds after I closed the website I heard the doorbell ringing 😍 

Wheel is charging now! Can't wait to ride it!! 

Screenshot_2018-12-31-10-14-10-049_com.android.chrome.png

On 12/31/2018 at 10:25 AM, KevinvdV said:

This morning I was checking UPS, as always. Turned out it made another stop in Lumen. 

Then 2 seconds after I closed the website I heard the doorbell ringing 😍 

Wheel is charging now! Can't wait to ride it!! 

Screenshot_2018-12-31-10-14-10-049_com.android.chrome.png

Really pleased it's finally arrived with you! and JUST in time to see the New Year in!

Wishing you many safe rides ahead! It has been a bit of a learning curve coming from such a small wheel to such a large/heavy wheel, but enjoyed it. I have done 91km's already!

Fingers crossed @Simone Malicius it won't be long now...!

Adam

20 hours ago, Simone Malicius said:

@adampj thank you for your wishes :) I keep on looking online for mine, I don't wanna make predictions anymore ahaha but let's see what happen tomorrow :P

weather unfortunately got very bad(strong cold wind)  hopefully soon I'll post my picture :thumbup:

Can't give you a full riding picture yet, did a trip on my own :p

Optimized-IMG_20190103_135857.jpg

Screenshot_2019-01-03-14-05-21-875_com.inmotion.ble.png

Archived