Are the Inmotion wheels sold by Gearbest now legit?

rolekl

Been lurking for a while, now looking at getting my first Wheel for next season. The "black friday week" deals on Gearbest, as advertised by Jojo33 are almost to good not to jump at. I'd be looking at getting the Inmotion V8, which seems to be recommended as a good beginners Wheel, and probably would last me a while since the speed and range is sufficient. Now, I've tried to post questions to Gearbest, but haven't had any replies.

Does anybody know if these are proper "European market" Wheels? As I understand it there's a difference in branded / no-brand batteries and perhaps also the possibility to use the Inmotion app between Wheels for the european and chinese markets. I'd rather pay a bit more instead of getting an inferior Product with less range due to use of lower capacity batteries.

Anybody that can confirm they are indeed good Wheels, that you can connect to the inmotion-app etc?

Thanx a lot!

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@rolekl - one can notify specific members, like @jojo33 so they get notified and easier find post for/about them.

Just made a short description here:

PS.: Welcome!

PPS.: 

Did just quickly scan this topic, but it seems that for non proper "European market" wheels (if such exist or are sold by gearbest) could be connected by entering flight mode of the mobile or using a VPN? ... But that topic is also older than a year - maybe everything changed inbetween...

Thanx!

I've seen some of those threads but I still can't really say it's clear to me if there are problems, or if they can be sorted out. For example, could the app WheelLog be a possible work around for these problems?

I guess I'm just hoping that somebody will have gotten a Wheel off Gearbest and can describe the situation :-)

@rolekl here contact with InMotion China, ask them clearly , also, explain you want buy their products with Gearbest, https://www.inmotionworld.com/contact-us

About Ninebot products, Gearbest is like a dropshipper, they sell a lot of Xiaomi products, legally (phones, accessories, computers, tablets), but Gearbest negociate with an official Mi Store, a number of item, it's for why, they made flash sale with quantity limited, when price is very hight it's mean because there's not plan for a massive flash sale, when a lot of visitors "like" and place in favorite a product, price is dropping and a flash sale happen.

Before i thought Gearbest bought directly to a Ninebot plant at very cheap price, but no, because i search with the packet sticker where are from my Mini Plus, and it was from an official store xiaomi at 30 minutes from Gearbest office.

About InMotion, i was very surprised they sale products, but it's a V10 and not a V10F, it's a V5F and not a V5D or V5, it's a V8, they begin the sale after the success of Ninebot One Z sale

Maybe, customers or affiliates ask Gearbest to sell InMotion products, and with a good result for the One Z, they get agreement for sale and ship InMotion product, and agreement too for application use, Gearbest want be the first to sell these news products (after aliexpress resellers) and Gearbest dont want issues wiith customers, INmotion want sell a lot of stock.

When Gearbest pay the shipping cost, after sale service and return product, a brand like InMotion is very happy, no issues with customers, no refund, not to have to enlarge services, attention to customers to their officials western resellers, distributors.

InMotion have european and world official distributors, maybe special western package and european and us plug are made specially for these official way. This is a cost additional, selling with gearbest cost "chinese"

But, FCC and european agreement, UL agreement, are delivered to InMotion, 

https://fccid.io/2ADUSV8 https://fccid.io/2ADUSSCVV5 https://fccid.io/2ADUSV10F

we can verify inside each User manual , (inside gearbest packet you have an english user manual it's mean it's come from a the same stock for foreign distributors). When Ninebot released his Mini PLUS , before Europa or USA, FCC and UL agreement are released in the same time, they produce for China too with international norms

Another interesting fact is label location , you can find it in each FCC agreement in the list of documents, it's interesting because it contains any data about year month proudction , place etc, and model number, and with the model number if you investigate you can find if it's exactly same modele or not for foreign customer

exemple: Ninebot Mini Plus China is N4M340, and Ninebot Mini Plus Western world is N4M350, (its only the charger and the package, ul, fcc and others agreement appear on the original chinese box)

But, i still havent found any official FCC sheets about One Z,,, i m wonder why they dont obtain or declare One Z to FCC....

(and a big apologized because i dont use google translate for this post, and im sure many of your, will get cardiac arrest reading it, gomen nasaii :wacko:)

Thank you @jojo33 for your answer with contact details for Inmotion. I contacted them, and will for reference post their answer here, if anyone else is wondering the same thing.

"Dear friend,
the Gearbest is official dealers.
Please don't worry.
It is interternation version and it can use inmotion APP.
Best Regards"

So I find those questions answered and will proceed to order my wheel shortly! Wohoo :-)

I bought from the InMotion Global shop on Aliexpress - a little more than Gearbest but for peace of mind. Great communication from them fastish delivery to UK and UK plug etc, brand new wheel that had just been through factory inspection a few days before delivery and battery was nearly full, so had not been sitting in stock for a long time.  Very happy with purchase - and yes the V8 is a great learning wheel (buy the case its well worth it).

Amazing info @jojo33 :thumbup:

14 hours ago, jojo33 said:

About InMotion, i was very surprised they sale products, but it's a V10 and not a V10F, it's a V5F and not a V5D or V5, it's a V8, they begin the sale after the success of Ninebot One Z sale

This is so funny. The Chinese make a great product, and then they are surprised people want to buy it? Did they even try to sell it in earnest before? What exactly were their plans, not sell so many wheels? Of course 1300 or 1500 or so is a better price than 2000 and more people buy then.

Well, it's nice to hear they might consider "the West" a more serious market now.

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Did they even try to sell it in earnest before? What exactly were their plans, not sell so many wheels?

The plan is usually to maximize profit (which is not necessarily maximize selling). The resellers who disclose this information have told us that the V8 is already now the best selling wheel. Maybe by going Gearbest, InMotion now plays on the idea that the volume of today can be the profit of tomorrow by pure name recognition.

4 hours ago, rolekl said:

Thank you @jojo33 for your answer with contact details for Inmotion. I contacted them, and will for reference post their answer here, if anyone else is wondering the same thing.

"Dear friend,
the Gearbest is official dealers.
Please don't worry.
It is interternation version and it can use inmotion APP.
Best Regards"

So I find those questions answered and will proceed to order my wheel shortly! Wohoo :-)

waaaaa they answer super fast, it's good very good, thank you @rolekl

4 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Amazing info @jojo33 :thumbup:

This is so funny. The Chinese make a great product, and then they are surprised people want to buy it? Did they even try to sell it in earnest before? What exactly were their plans, not sell so many wheels? Of course 1300 or 1500 or so is a better price than 2000 and more people buy then.

Well, it's nice to hear they might consider "the West" a more serious market now.

I believe initially he was discussing GearBest getting into selling InMotion, not that InMotion was not serious before.

The market for the V8 was not as large as they anticipated when it was first released, but has been growing as EUCs become more well known.

Now with GearBest selling it, they will likely continue to increase volume.  The Z6 shipping from GearBest was a crazy price though of $250 approximately,  The good news is Fed-Ex handled the final leg of the delivery, at least in some cases, and deliveries completed in 15 days.  That's not bad.  Not sure if the same would be true for InMotion products, but I would just buy direct from them or eWheels in the US if I wanted one most likely (and I do want a V10F... but need to make space and Ali has/had such good pricing on the MSX. Ugly, but much better Wh value.)

Too bad the Gearbest coupons as posted by @jojo33 seem to have stopped working well in advance of their "best before date". I have tried both the V5F and the V8 for a full week now, but to no use. Are these deals recurring events, or do I have to bite the bullet and pay almost twice as much through a EU-located dealer? I can wait a while since we're going towards winter here anyway, but at the end of March at the latest I'd like to have a wheel sitting here.

What to do....?!?

17 hours ago, rolekl said:

Too bad the Gearbest coupons as posted by @jojo33 seem to have stopped working well in advance of their "best before date". I have tried both the V5F and the V8 for a full week now, but to no use. Are these deals recurring events, or do I have to bite the bullet and pay almost twice as much through a EU-located dealer? I can wait a while since we're going towards winter here anyway, but at the end of March at the latest I'd like to have a wheel sitting here.

What to do....?!?

Yes i saw yesterday InMotion V8 and V10 are not in stock, and V5F price after 1111 & Black Friday can't be ordered with coupon...

Everyday i have coupon list ffrom Gearbest, i will publish news about V5F V8 and V10 soon as possible when i see a new coupon code in commercial section

V5F is a big success, sure gearbest will sell more

Coupon were available until november 30

Hi All / @rolekl!

I have purchased from Gearbest recently - a V10 and a V5F, both were on sale at the time. I am still waiting (ordered V10 24/10 (whilst out of stock) and V5F 12/11) but will update this post again once arrived.  I was lucky enough to grab both wheels when they were at their lowest (or near lowest price). I ended up grabbing the V10 for $850 (£670) & V5F for $340 (£270), both delivered pricing.

I thought it might be useful to see some of the price history on these items, via Gearbest. Hopefully may help you make decisions in the future!

Inmotion V5F - Black

image.thumb.png.f72579c121b13581ccff1b37e90459cd.png

Inmotion V8

image.thumb.png.4bced8309e46abdef72ec30af604f002.png

Inmotion V10

image.thumb.png.dcaac9168d7158316bf439de444be478.png

Good luck on your next purchase!

Ah, cool, that was actually a nice graph with the historic pricing. Interesting indeed, cheers @adampj. So I'll have faith that the deals will return. At 630 EUR I think the V8 is good value, but I still haven't quite decided which route to go yet. The more expensive V8, which will probably last longer before the inevitable "faster, further" bug bites, or the cheap and cheerful V5F, which could be a learner wheel that takes much of the beating while I try to master the art. Decisions, decisions...

2 hours ago, Kva said:

It looks like Gearbest has discontinued the distribution of V8 and V10. Right?

It often happens at Gearbest when they sold the amount granted by the brand

For V5F I do not recommend buying them above 350 euros

The price has been increased because the other two models are missing from the catalog when there will be new V8 and V10 the price of the v5f will go down to 350 300 euros

I have been affiliated with Gearbest since September 2017 and since that day I have been receiving the offers every day and I was watching the prices their logic

As you know I'm a blogger on Ninebot which I saw how prices went up a lot and went down a lot

In January there is the big Chinese holiday all the country is idling that includes exports so they will limit sales that require a lot of logistics to avoid customer complaints

the best times to buy it was october november and early december then february it comes back

last year there are sales in December but people received the package in February orders were held before the Chinese holidays

But there may be stocks and new prices for the first weeks of December

Follow ad to favorite in your gearbest account 

finally there is another important factor: the stocks reserved for Chinese buyers if they are empty so there is no export stock for Gearbest because the main Chinese sellers TMALL JDONG sell at the same promotional price of gearbest but c is the normal Chinese price :popcorn:

Look for the V8 in this page price is 3999/4999 rmb =507 / 634euros :laughbounce2:
https://search.jd.com/Search?keyword=INMOTION&enc=utf-8&pvid=70b13a793aea40d7a9f76ffeda0a64b3

https://item.jd.com/27910231325.html#crumb-wrap

V5F=V5D? i dont know but prices are 2899 rmb = 368 euros https://item.jd.com/10380834118.html#crumb-wrap

@meepmeepmayer do you know why since september 2017, i check all prices about devices i publish in commercial ads? Because it's to see and imagine the profit margin takes Aliexpress and Gearbest, because i dont get always my commissions, and i want to know why, if they sell very cheap sure im understanding i'll get 1 commission on 5 sales, by exemple, last month someone bought a V5F with my link, i chaperon him by phone for order and use coupon, result: i dont get any commission.

When i suggest to someone do not buy a MINI PLUS at 550 euros it's because i ever seen Gearbest sold it at 425/450/470 euros

Here i suggest you do not buy over 350 euros for the V5F.

Archived