Gotway MSX top speed limit warning

The 80% power Gotway warning is a multi-variable (wind, weight, battery, etc) dependent factor that simply warns you with beeps that you have crossed this limit? If warning is not heard, does a cutoff follow, why no tilt-back riding past 80%? Isn't the ninebot Z10 or similar systems with tilt back safer?

• Like 1

there is actually a slight tiltback starting at 45 kph and getting more powerfull the more you accelerate. you can enable tiltback at 50 kph in app. but the msuper x cutoff speed. depending on weight tho. should be around 65+ kph. but i would just reccomend you to stay under the beeps. and try to notice the slight tilt. the tiltback implementation on the msx is actually rather genius. when it starts at 45 kph it is barely noticable. and unconsiously makes you not go faster than 40-45 kph unless you think that you want to and push a little more. and the tilt gradually becomes more pronounced when you go faster. so if you notice it you can also figure out what speed youre going but generally getting used to riding that wheel you will get used to what different speeds feel like. different sounds come from the motor at different speeds. and also just looking at how fast youre going

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Shad0z said:

there is actually a slight tiltback starting at 45 kph and getting more powerfull the more you accelerate. you can enable tiltback at 50 kph in app. but the msuper x cutoff speed. depending on weight tho. should be around 65+ kph. but i would just reccomend you to stay under the beeps. and try to notice the slight tilt. the tiltback implementation on the msx is actually rather genius. when it starts at 45 kph it is barely noticable. and unconsiously makes you not go faster than 40-45 kph unless you think that you want to and push a little more. and the tilt gradually becomes more pronounced when you go faster. so if you notice it you can also figure out what speed youre going but generally getting used to riding that wheel you will get used to what different speeds feel like. different sounds come from the motor at different speeds. and also just looking at how fast youre going

Thanks Shad0z, will try to take notice of that tilt back, a little puzzled I haven't felt anything riding up to 55. Only felt tilt back after setting it for a certain speed, but not as you mention starting at 45kph and not using the app tiltback. You mean you can overpower this 80% gradual tiltback and the MSX would let you keep accelerating until the cutoff? I have only had ninebots and this is my first Gotway, so I'm used to a tilt back that will practically throw you off the wheel if you try to overpower it. I understand that riding and ignoring the beeps is not very smart, but I must admit I have a craving or natural curiosity to know the wheels limits and the amazing performance the wheel holds at such high speeds doesn't help. Is it possible that weighing only 68kg I have not reached 80% power and therefore MSX (84V) still doesn't beep or start tiltback?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Damarafaka said:

Thanks Shad0z, will try to take notice of that tilt back, a little puzzled I haven't felt anything riding up to 55. Only felt tilt back after setting it for a certain speed, but not as you mention starting at 45kph and not using the app tiltback. You mean you can overpower this 80% gradual tiltback and the MSX would let you keep accelerating until the cutoff? I have only had ninebots and this is my first Gotway, so I'm used to a tilt back that will practically throw you off the wheel if you try to overpower it. I understand that riding and ignoring the beeps is not very smart, but I must admit I have a craving or natural curiosity to know the wheels limits and the amazing performance the wheel holds at such high speeds doesn't help. Is it possible that weighing only 68kg I have not reached 80% power and therefore MSX (84V) still doesn't beep or start tiltback?

the tiltback starts according to speed. the beeps i think are dependent on current for sustained periods or something. 

i also didnt feel the tiltback when i got my msuper X at first. the first week i went above 55 kph on all rides :roflmao:i usually just hammered it untill i was at those speeds

now that time is over and i keep a lower speed usually. but you will notice the slight tilt. though its basically non existent compared to your ninebots hehe :P

but basically what you should do is to try and go 35 kph and slowly go faster and faster and try to feel the slight tiltback. when you relax more on the wheel you will not go as fast. and the tiltback will unconsiously keep you from going faster. unless you consiously think "i wanna go fast" and you push. like you do when you want to go fast

but in conclution. what you have to do is just regulate your speed and stay under 60 kph mostly, that is all. if you listen to the way the motor sounds when you go that fast you will have a distict way of motor resonance you will hear. if you get used to what sound it produces at different speeds you can kindof "feel" what speed youre going. just get more used to the wheel and dont go to fast. testing limits on many things is possible. but on a euc you wont be dont testing the limit before its too late. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shad0z said:

the tiltback starts according to speed. the beeps i think are dependent on current for sustained periods or something. 

i also didnt feel the tiltback when i got my msuper X at first. the first week i went above 55 kph on all rides :roflmao:i usually just hammered it untill i was at those speeds

now that time is over and i keep a lower speed usually. but you will notice the slight tilt. though its basically non existent compared to your ninebots hehe :P

but basically what you should do is to try and go 35 kph and slowly go faster and faster and try to feel the slight tiltback. when you relax more on the wheel you will not go as fast. and the tiltback will unconsiously keep you from going faster. unless you consiously think "i wanna go fast" and you push. like you do when you want to go fast

but in conclution. what you have to do is just regulate your speed and stay under 60 kph mostly, that is all. if you listen to the way the motor sounds when you go that fast you will have a distict way of motor resonance you will hear. if you get used to what sound it produces at different speeds you can kindof "feel" what speed youre going. just get more used to the wheel and dont go to fast. testing limits on many things is possible. but on a euc you wont be dont testing the limit before its too late. 

Really appreciate all your advise and information!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Damarafaka said:

Really appreciate all your advise and information!

When I got mine I set the tiltback to like 9kph to see how it felt.  Now I have it set at 36kph as I don't feel comfortable going any faster and I can easily tell when it kicks in, it's very smooth and reliable.

The beep warning only happens to me when the battery gets low.  I think if you push the wheel too hard and it drops below 15% battery it will beep at you.  Of course when you slow down you are not asking as much from the wheel so the beep goes away as the % battery increases with the reduced load.  You can feather this until the wheel kicks you off with a final tiltback, but I haven't ridden to that level yet.

• Like 2

• 9 months later...

I have the 100V MSX.  I used the GW app to disable all the user controlled alarms and tilt-backs.  It has a "last alarm" that happens at 43 mph when I lift the wheel and tilt it just right to vary its speed. Cutoff is at 55 to 59 mph.  It also has soft/medium/hard modes and note that reaching a speed in soft mode seriously feels like its tilting back, when its seriously not. 

The lowest I've ever drained it was 50% and on that same ride I did 30 mph.  I've never gone over 35 mph riding it and have never heard an alarm while riding it (with >250 miles on it). 

• 1 month later...
On 9/13/2019 at 4:55 PM, Elliott Reitz said:

I have the 100V MSX.  I used the GW app to disable all the user controlled alarms and tilt-backs.  It has a "last alarm" that happens at 43 mph when I lift the wheel and tilt it just right to vary its speed. Cutoff is at 55 to 59 mph.  It also has soft/medium/hard modes and note that reaching a speed in soft mode seriously feels like its tilting back, when its seriously not. 

The lowest I've ever drained it was 50% and on that same ride I did 30 mph.  I've never gone over 35 mph riding it and have never heard an alarm while riding it (with >250 miles on it). 

I'm 127lb I ride fast wheels and I'm thinking 100v. I ware full face helmet and body gear. 

The cutt off at 55-59mph? Is this while riding the wheel? I noticed sentence before states no load 43mph at lift! Some people tell me at my riding weight I can achieve 49 mph on the full charge with flat surface and little to no wind gusts. 

I ride on go kart tracks with my euc  so I'm by myself if I do fall at high speeds. 

On 10/30/2019 at 7:49 PM, Parrish said:

I'm 127lb I ride fast wheels and I'm thinking 100v. I ware full face helmet and body gear. 

The cutt off at 55-59mph? Is this while riding the wheel? I noticed sentence before states no load 43mph at lift! Some people tell me at my riding weight I can achieve 49 mph on the full charge with flat surface and little to no wind gusts. 

I ride on go kart tracks with my euc  so I'm by myself if I do fall at high speeds. 

Given your lighter weight, yes a 100v can actually go mid 40s possibly 49mph if you approach it gradually. 

55-59mph is unloaded. The truest maximum speed of the wheel is found by lifting the wheel off the ground by the handle and letting the wheel accelerate to full speed until it cuts off automatically. Then you have to allow a ~10mph buffer for rider weight, wind resistance, uneven road terrain.

• Like 1

On 10/30/2019 at 7:49 PM, Parrish said:

On 10/31/2019 at 8:59 PM, Declan acoustic-unicyclist said:

Given your lighter weight, yes a 100v can actually go mid 40s possibly 49mph if you approach it gradually. 

55-59mph is unloaded. The truest maximum speed of the wheel is found by lifting the wheel off the ground by the handle and letting the wheel accelerate to full speed until it cuts off automatically. Then you have to allow a ~10mph buffer for rider weight, wind resistance, uneven road terrain.

I find that over 30 mph the headwind and pedel-lengths keeps me from going faster.  I'm still pondering extending the peddles, though I don't go max speed that often.  My 100v MSX's free-wheel (lifted) speed is 58 mph, and its "last alarm" speed (lifted) is 42 mph.  (my max so far is 35 once, 30 a dozen or so times)

I have a new 84v MSX October 2019 build

not sure if that makes any difference but there’s a significant tilt back very comparable to my V10F

i had it set to 42km/h and it’d let you push it to 50km/h if you really tried, but you had to really lean into it

i have it set to 45km/h now, but haven’t tested it out yet

not turning it off, 50km/h is perfect for short periods for me, I do like to go fast, a sustained 40km/h is usually what I ride at but only for short periods with the occasional higher speed, but I try to stick to mid 30’s as I usually ride 60-70km and hate walking home