23 hours ago, Garrie Lim said:

I’m pretty sure I know what a tiltback is, so please do not insult my intelligence. 

Wow...Perhaps not the best answer, when actually asking for help/reasons/knowledge:

On 11/20/2018 at 3:56 PM, Garrie Lim said:

Lemme know if......

But Ok...i have the hope that this wasnt meant that sharp as it sounds and just is/was a translation hickup.

Otherwise it will get hard to reach full membership/options in this forum ;-)

“Don’t insult my intelligence.”  

Does that even make any sense? Only a weak intelligence can be insulted. It seems like more of a cry for mercy.

This always bothered me in Star Trek too. Why would a superior intelligence care about receiving a proper greeting from a inferior creature? 

2 hours ago, RockyTop said:

This always bothered me in Star Trek too. Why would a superior intelligence care about receiving a proper greeting from a inferior creature? 

Respect.  Seriously.

My dog is of inferior intelligence to most humans (most), but i still expect a proper greeting from her when i get home.

Luckily shes a good girl so knows her place :) 

Hi all. Perhaps I got off the wrong foot here with all of you. Yes I am new to this forum, as you can see from my profile. I can’t even reply fast because I am limited in my daily replies. 

I joined this forum because of the tiltback issue. I know what tiltback is. Thus when someone asked me if it’s a “pedal dip”, I felt that it was sarcastic and ridiculous. To be honest, the way he asked could have been different too. Hence I reacted the way I did.

I guess just because he is a seasoned poster in this forum and many of you know him, has lead to all of you siding with him and saying that I’m rude, and that I dun appreciate people “helping” me.  It was just my luck that I “Attacker” someone who is considered “senior”, “seasoned”, “revered” and “well known” in this forum  

I guess, perhaps, I misinterpreted his intentions and jumped to conclusions. I am no way a rude or unappreciative person.  I can for sure tell you a tiltback is a tiltback.  How the hell will anyone confuse a tiltBACK with a pedal DIP?

Regardless. For the sake of the community, I apologise. 

Sorry @houseofjob

On 11/20/2018 at 6:09 PM, houseofjob said:

@Garrie Lim are you sure this isn’t the pedal dip compensation that many MSX’s have? 

This has the feeling of tiltback, but is not the Actual tiltback.

Hey! Hello! Thanks for replying. What do you mean by pedal dip? I was riding my wheel and even at low speed my toes were literally pointing to the sky and when I slowed down it returned to the correct level. The moment I moved off I tilted back again. 

However, do tell me more about this pedal dip. How does a dip differ from a tiltback? Because I dun see any option for a pedal dip, only tiltback in the app. Hence what I’m experiencing is definitely tiltback isn’t it. 

However i I may be wrong! :) thanks for the reply I learnt so much. 

Lotsa love. 

On 11/20/2018 at 3:56 PM, Garrie Lim said:

My friend came down to help me close my tiltback using his android phone.  However, the wheel still had tiltback. We compromised and set it to the highest tiltback speed on the app, which was 48kph. And it worked.... for now. As long as I don’t go above 48kph. 

I never got in contact with a GW. Just know from KS that disabling a speed alarm works by setting the alarm speed threshold to 0.

I'd assume your friend managed to disable the tiltback of his wheel, or did he just help out and have no GW wheel?

48 minutes ago, Garrie Lim said:

I was riding my wheel and even at low speed my toes were literally pointing to the sky and when I slowed down it returned to the correct level. The moment I moved off I tilted back again. 

So the tiltback is now at lower speeds (<48 km/h) than after your friend helped out changing tiltback speed threshold?

Or do you describe here the situation before you changed the tiltback? If so just ignore the following except the last paragraph.

Afaik tiltback kicks in if either the set speed threshold is reached, if there is overtemperature (which should give warning beeps before) or low battery.

If your GWs motherboard does not "remember" tiltback speed, had some overtemperature (and/or sensor) problem or battery issues there could be something be "seriously" be wrong?

Is this a new wheel since you tried just now to change the tiltback? Then getting in contact with your reseller could clarify the issue?

And maybe organizing a android phone again and looking with for example wheellog at what data the wheel reports?

Btw: afaik both wheellog for android and darknessbot for iphone should be able to change the tiltback and show the reported data from the wheel.

3 hours ago, Garrie Lim said:

Hi all. Perhaps I got off the wrong foot here with all of you. Yes I am new to this forum, as you can see from my profile. I can’t even reply fast because I am limited in my daily replies. 

I joined this forum because of the tiltback issue. I know what tiltback is. Thus when someone asked me if it’s a “pedal dip”, I felt that it was sarcastic and ridiculous. To be honest, the way he asked could have been different too. Hence I reacted the way I did.

I guess just because he is a seasoned poster in this forum and many of you know him, has lead to all of you siding with him and saying that I’m rude, and that I dun appreciate people “helping” me.  It was just my luck that I “Attacker” someone who is considered “senior”, “seasoned”, “revered” and “well known” in this forum  

I guess, perhaps, I misinterpreted his intentions and jumped to conclusions. I am no way a rude or unappreciative person.  I can for sure tell you a tiltback is a tiltback.  How the hell will anyone confuse a tiltBACK with a pedal DIP?

Regardless. For the sake of the community, I apologise. 

Sorry @houseofjob

Guy could have been the noobest of noob totaly unknown to anyone, reactions would have been the same. He asked an simple question to help you,  and you lashed at him as if there was no tomorow ..

And you should apologise for the sake of yourself not of the community.

Regards tough.

2 hours ago, Garrie Lim said:

Hey! Hello! Thanks for replying. What do you mean by pedal dip? I was riding my wheel and even at low speed my toes were literally pointing to the sky and when I slowed down it returned to the correct level. The moment I moved off I tilted back again. 

However, do tell me more about this pedal dip. How does a dip differ from a tiltback? Because I dun see any option for a pedal dip, only tiltback in the app. Hence what I’m experiencing is definitely tiltback isn’t it. 

However i I may be wrong! :) thanks for the reply I learnt so much. 

Lotsa love. 

Disable 1st and second alarm  set 3rd to what you want and then set tiltback to 45 if you have wheellog installed make sure thats the same  .i know some are just alarms but just trying to eliminate stuff   cause thats how i do it

18 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

@houseofjob did Rocky just pay you a compliment?  :P

LOL, I was talking about Star Trek.  Alex gave me good insight on my lack of understanding.  

@houseofjob  is one of the most respected people on this forum for a good reason. :thumbup: I strive to become more like him.

@Rehab1 Your over active intellect is getting me in trouble. :angry:

43 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

LOL, I was talking about Star Trek.  Alex gave me good insight on my lack of understanding.  

We both knew that. Just having some fun!:thumbup:

44 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

@houseofjob  is one of the most respected people on this forum for a good reason. :thumbup: I strive to become more like him.

I agree but no one can fault your manners. Glad your a forum member! :)

49 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

Lol, my Trekkie knowledge is a bit rusty, limited to the early Next Generation years...

51 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

Haha, thanks!, but not a great idea, as you’ll be wasting too much time riding to late night snacks and vegging out in front of your computer to YouTube and the EUC forums :D

On 11/21/2018 at 11:16 PM, Alex_from_NZ said:

My dog is of inferior intelligence to most humans (most), but i still expect a proper greeting from her when i get home.

Maybe she thinks the same, my human is of inferior intelligence...

Sometimes, I can see in my cat eyes.

• 2 weeks later...

How the Play Store app looks for me:efeed51798:

(Website not available - website at ... could not be loaded because:)

1.png

Any ideas?

I'm using the old app for now. If yours is in Chinese, the speech bubble option on the second page (swipe right) is the language setting. "Open all alarms" resets the alarms to default.

I can’t log in. When I go to the App Store it shows a new update as of 3 days ago. It will not let me update. 

After the app came back last time I maxed out the tilt and calibrated all my GW wheels. So I am good for now.

I tried to update last night and got the message that my device is incompatable with version 3.0 and would I like to DL the last known working file, which would be version 2.5?

Of course version 2.5 does not work. No internet, etc.

I am using Iphone 5S with the newest OS.

Does version 3.0 work with iphones or only Androids right now?

1 hour ago, RockyTop said:

I can’t log in. When I go to the App Store it shows a new update as of 3 days ago. It will not let me update. 

After the app came back last time I maxed out the tilt and calibrated all my GW wheels. So I am good for now.

A new version of the app is planned tomorrow

Archived