Is Hero 7 the Ultimate EUC Cam?

Henrik Olsen

Hi Guys

It's been a while since posting in here, but I gotta share this with you. I just upgraded my GoPro Hero 5 to the new 7 and I must say I was blown away ho good the stabilization is. I made this video about it, so you can judge by your self.   

/Henrik 

• Like 3

Realy great little review and demonstration.

I use the gopro hero 5 by my own and for me the cam works really well and i dont miss any features. The new stabilization is great for sure, but since the hero 7 is on the market, i have the feeling that youtube is flooted with hypersmooth timelapse videos.... Its a nice feature if its used not too much and just to bridge some scenes or so. And for me the great stabilization is not worth the price of a new gopro if you already have a gopro 5 or 6. The gopro 5 stabilization works fine too, of course you can see more (mostly soft) shaking, but hey... Its a action cam and in action is movement and with movement theres some shaking. Its just autenthical... and only my opinion

At the end everybody have to decide by his own and with your demonstration everyone can make his decision a bit more easily.

• Like 3

On 11/18/2018 at 8:28 AM, Henrik Olsen said:

Hi Guys

It's been a while since posting in here, but I gotta share this with you. I just upgraded my GoPro Hero 5 to the new 7 and I must say I was blown away ho good the stabilization is. I made this video about it, so you can judge by your self.   

/Henrik 

Thanks you for the review! I'm really glad you love the camera.

Be sure to clear the lens cover glass periodically. Many of your shots were taken with an oily film on the glass. It creates some of the arcing flare lines, and rainbow hued ghosts around the sun.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

But is it too smooth @Henrik Olsen?

When the camera is mounted on your 18L, there is no feeling of movement - other than a small bump when you crossed a piece of grass.

IMHO - While some stabilisation is needed, getting a sense of the motion of the wheel helps portray the ride experience...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

But is it too smooth @Henrik Olsen?

When the camera is mounted on your 18L, there is no feeling of movement - other than a small bump when you crossed a piece of grass.

IMHO - While some stabilisation is needed, getting a sense of the motion of the wheel helps portray the ride experience...

That's a matter of personal taste. The absence of horizon-lock makes it less floaty than a gimbal. The mountain biking community are very much liking HyperSmooth. It makes otherwise unwatchable footage look great.

For the Paul Greengrasses out there, stabilization can always be turned off.

• Like 3