Got my Z10, but I need your help.

darkflame808

Hi everyone, I'm sorry I disappeared. I got my Z10 on Halloween and I've been so focused on trying to learn to ride it.

I developed a problem though. Last night, I was learning to ride and finally had the moment where things click.

I made a short video dedicating my maiden voyage to my girlfriend who swore I would never learn to ride it.

After the video I put the wheel in my Murano and left it in the car because the next morning I had a oil change scheduled and wanted to ride it while they were doing the oil change so I could sustain my progress I made last night.

I got to the dealership and the guy took my car and I took out my wheel and he was asking questions about it so I put it on the ground and I turned it on to show him how it worked and it immediately started acting funny. I made a video to show the guys on facebook.

I'm sorry. I don't want to come off as a "I only show up when I need help kind of guy". I just wanted to learn as much as I could in the short time I have had it so far. I planned to start up a EUCHawaii youtube page showcasing me growing on the unit but I was waiting to get comfortable on the unit to the point that I could at least hold a camera without falling off and destroying my camera. I am stumped because I don't know what's wrong. Someone said I needed to recalibrate my wheel but that doesn't help. Another said my motherboard is loose but I haven't had any issue until this morning and the last thing I did prior was make a short video and put it in my car and it's not like I left my car in the sun or anything. I had a oil change the next morning.

Thank you for your help guys. I appreciate it.

A clear case of "it's your sellers job to fix this".

It behaves like a loose board, though it's hard to see how the board could even be loose, the way the Z10 is built. Or maybe some hall sensor error? Maybe it's a consequence of condensation inside the wheel. How cold was it overnight?

But that's all speculation. Let your seller replace it. As you seem to have bought from ewheels, no problem, other than the wait time with no wheel.

That's a failure for sure. Calibration would have zero impact.

At the premium price point paid for this wheel, you need to take advantage of the warranty.

I can imagine how bummed you are - just learning to ride and then this happens, with no other wheel to fall back on. Good luck, and keep us informed on what happens.

Thanks guys. I contacted Jason and he was quick to reply. He asked me to have a look at the motherboard. I was tempted to prod around when I first noticed this but there was a warranty sticker that I would have had to break to get in and I wanted his blessing first. It looks like one of the mosfets failed.

The temperature over night was 68 degrees. It's 60-90 year round where I live.

Looks like i'll have to twiddle thumbs for a few days. Now I know why you guys all own so many wheels. Once you start to learn how to ride it's addicting. I've never ridden anything like this before. It's amazing!

I'm hopeful this was just a fluke.

Thank you guys for the assistance....Look forward to my next ride :) Gonna be a little while.

I have the same "problem" that it starts shaking after I turn on and move it. It turn out that I accidentally locked the wheel in the app. I found this out after I turn the z10 on, do not push it. caoonect the app, I saw a lock on the vehicle speedometer. I tap the lock. The lock opens. Then z10 works again. I hope your case is as simple as this.

10 minutes ago, EUCMania said:

I have the same "problem" that it starts shaking after I turn on and move it. It turn out that I accidentally locked the wheel in the app. I found this out after I turn the z10 on, do not push it. caoonect the app, I saw a lock on the vehicle speedometer. I tap the lock. The lock opens. Then z10 works again. I hope your case is as simple as this.

That shaking doesn't look anything like the shaking i get when i lock my wheel... It looks like its having a spaz!

The issue appears to be a Mosfet on the board beneath the controller. It looks like there is a bad solder connection and it has brown tinging on the joint. I can only speculate this to be the cause but Jason was quick to have me check a specific point on the board and it looked like he knew exactly what the problem was cause the board looked flawless except for that exact spot he had me look at. He plans to replace the board in a week or two so I'll video the swap and keep you guys updated.

4 hours ago, darkflame808 said:

The issue appears to be a Mosfet on the board beneath the controller. It looks like there is a bad solder connection and it has brown tinging on the joint. I can only speculate this to be the cause but Jason was quick to have me check a specific point on the board and it looked like he knew exactly what the problem was cause the board looked flawless except for that exact spot he had me look at. He plans to replace the board in a week or two so I'll video the swap and keep you guys updated.

Look forward to the video. Try and capture what the failed board looks like too.

:popcorn:

Archived