MCM4 specs

mcm4 specs.png

Jane Mo added these comments (in Chinese) to our FB group.  The following was translated by Lawrence Law:

Translation:
1. New OMA good quality 800w motor, max 1200w, 30% more torque at the same speed compare to MCM2s (New OMA is the brand name, not sure about the correct spelling)
2. Bluetooth v4.0, compatible w Android and iOS (Finally iOS!)
3. App controllable speed tilting! (Yes!)
4. Decorative LEDs, with Front Light function
5. No exposed screws, pedals made of alloy and anti slip rubber
6. PCB placed on upper part, easier to service
7. high capacity USB charging port
8. Foam protection, not leg disturbing (Hmm, meaning got padding?)
9. Panasonic / Sony batteries
10. Italy-France ST Semi-Conductor MOSFET, high capacity
11. Built in motor connector, easier to service (not sure what is this)
12. Signal Control Soft Switch, One to multiple switch, more reliable

OMA could refer to DAAO / XINAOMA (same manufacturer as the Firewheel motors):

http://www.daaomotor.com/html/Self-balancing_Wheelbarrow_Motor/

They apparently have more motors than those listed there, as the Firewheel-motor isn't listed (and probably not the one on the new Gotway, if it's even made by them).

DAAO Electric (Jiangsu) Co., Ltd. and Changzhou AOMA Technology Co., Ltd., established in 2006, is a technology institution and manufacturing enterprise specialized in researching and developing electromotor and controller of electric vehicles. Covering a floor space of 36,000m2 and having an annual production capacity of 3,500,000 sets, the company has developed into a leading enterprise in Chinese industry of electric vehicle electromotor since its foundation. Its products are used in provinces and cities all over China, as well as in many other countries and regions. 
Always maintaining the core concept of driven by technology and thriving on high-quality, the company persists in exploration and research, striving to launch onto the market more environmentally-friendly, energy-efficient, and economical high-tech products that are closer to perfection. Our company has successively passed the certification for ISO9001 and ISO14001 systems. In addition, our products have passed national and international certifications such as CCC and CE. Thanks to the comprehensive management system and standard, mature production techniques, thorough testing methods, and precise and effective quality assurance system, XINAOMA & DAAO brand enjoys high prestige in domestic and overseas markets. 

Whilst I like the fact that they are thinking about airline battery rules I can't help wondering how long the 130Wh battey version will be able to "feed" the 800w motor on full power!

The KS 800w has temporary low battery voltage problems when pushed hard for 5km or so and that has 680wh worth of batteries to draw on.

I'm glad to see they are adding App controllable speed tilting.  Since some people like Tilt-Back and some don't I had been thinking they should make it an option and let the user select the speed (which is also like the Ninebot's speed limiting).  I wonder if King Song will do the same.

What about the ability to upgrade the Firmware?

I am interested in this too -- can it be updated through the App?

Also, the IPS Zero is very similar in specs but much lighter (12.8kg versus 9.3kg). How can this be? Anyone has any idea? Is the Gotway just made of more robust materials or is IPS good at making lightweight wheels?

• 2 weeks later...

what happens when MCM4 is going full speed? tilt-back? cut-off? cheers

I asked the question to Jane Mo. She confirmed the unit will "tilt-up" instead of shut down. She also said they did extensive testing for six months prior to the release of the units which will be on 10th October 2015. The thing is it has to be proven during actual usage.

At least I got a proper response from Jane unlike Tony of IPS who said I'm asking so many stupid questions. Bleh!

New picture of the MCM4

What do you think? I kinda like it - waiting for real action video footage tho! It seems they've followed Ninebot on the pedals - and it seems the cushion is quite large, hopefully its nice and comfy on the shins?

mcm4 jpeg.jpg

how much total? Aliexpress is a lot cheaper then Kevin Lee's 

I did a lot of research and checked on a lot of different vendors prices before making a decision I found hers the be the best deal for around 845.00$ with free shipping  for the 520wh version . on aliexpress for that I think it was like 60 bucks extra although I'm not sure who she uses for shipping so not sure how long it will take to Arrive  my second choice. Woulda been aliexpress 

don't forget that you can ask discount as well on Aliexpress ;)

Kevin Lee is not the cheapest one but he is really helpfull, always taking time to answer and can give good feedback between KS and GW.

I've ordered the first one on Aliexpress at Green and Fashion travel, seller is really doing his best i think but Gotway communication suck! MCM4 have been delayed 4/5 times when KS14-C with same specs is on the market for about a month now.

ps: Apologize for my english, i still need to improve it

Archived