New V8 from eWheels coming tomorrow... First wheel

MarkHMorrison

Hey there,

I'm new to posting in the forum, read a ton.  Finally decided on the V8 for my first wheel.

Picked it up from eWheels.com and it should be here tomorrow.  So, I'm just killing time posting here and binge watching EUC youtube vids.

I'll post a pic when I get it.

Have fun! I also bought a Glide 3 (V8) from eWheels. I started on the Glide 2 Lite (I guess that's a V6 Lite too), as he had an offer on that for $200 when buying the Glide 3. After getting over the initial learning hump on that I transferred to the Glide 3. I've been commuting on it for the past ~3 months.

I hope you also bought some protective gear!

The V8 is a great wheel for a beginner. You won't be disappointed. There are lots of tips on how to learn to ride. But the most important it, don't give up. If you're not experienced in like riding unicycles you will struggle the first hour. Just don't give up. Great reward is waiting for the one that just keep on trying. It's a process you're balance have to go through, there's no kind of reading that will teach you. Just if you fail enough times you will get it. =)

3 hours ago, MarkHMorrison said:

Excellent.  I used to have a regular unicycle.  But that was years ago. That took a while to learn as well.  And it had a similar style to learning...  just keep getting back on.  LOL

This will be easier, a lot easier.

IT IS HERE!!  Whoohoo!

Took it out to a park and started my practice.  Put my first scratches on it.  It's mine now!

I was only able to get in about 15 minutes but my last practice run leaning against a building I took it past the building and rode it up a slight grade back to the car.  About 75 yards. My daughter caught it on her phone but it was dark.  I'll see if I can load it here or YouTube.

This is going to be a blast!

I got an V8 last week - its been a blast and I have not yet fallen - stepped off quite a few times but only dropped wheel once or twice - can now zoom around and cornering is becoming so much fun - still get a speed wobble after 1/2 an hour or so but thats getting better. Its an amazing moment when suddenly corning and turning clicks - just like learning to snowboard.  Now can step on and off with no issues  - good few bruises form the first day on legs but soft knee pads help with that. weather here is cold and wet now so itching to get out but limited. 

18 hours ago, Gibo993 said:

I got an V8 last week - its been a blast and I have not yet fallen - stepped off quite a few times but only dropped wheel once or twice - can now zoom around and cornering is becoming so much fun - still get a speed wobble after 1/2 an hour or so but thats getting better. Its an amazing moment when suddenly corning and turning clicks - just like learning to snowboard.  Now can step on and off with no issues  - good few bruises form the first day on legs but soft knee pads help with that. weather here is cold and wet now so itching to get out but limited. 

@Gibo993  With more practice, you will find the best way for you to ride it. And don't forget to find the local unicycle club.

Archived