GT16 Top Speed Test - Fall at 51km/h without protection

5 hours ago, Scatcat said:

Someone, don't remember who, told me a pair of jeans you fall on at 25mph keeps the asphalt from your skin for half a second or so - then you're on the grinder. Not sure I want something that can destroy a pair of 501's in half a second rubbing against my skin.

:) 

This is the first time I feel happy for the roads we have here in Greece, a 501 would last ages, the asphalt here is very slide friendly. :)

I just remembered what tha asphalt was like in the UK, one could bleed just by running his hand over. I get your point again, thanks for the info.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Unventor said:

@Hunka Hunka Burning Love so did I get this right? The story started with you being sober?...I wounded what could happen at "happy hour" 😁

:innocent1:  I plead the fifth.  :whistling:  And hey we do have a charter of rights in Canada!  :w00t2:

https://ronellislaw.com/right-plead-fifth-stand/

And a constitution!  I must have slept through that social studies class :yawn:.  You learn something new every day!

I’m just going to say pass the bratwurst and sauerkraut and happy Oktoberfest!

Da liegt der Hund begraben!  I guess one could also say this about me:  Sie hat nicht alle Tassen im Schrank!  :lol:

1 minute ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

... we do have a charter of rights in Canada!  :w00t2:

Oops, we now know your approximate location. :o ... You will now need to relocate for your own protection! :ph34r:

:ph34r:  Maaaaybe I just say that to throw mom....er... others off my trail!  You never know who might be watching!  

Engage people with what they expect; it is what they are able to discern and confirms their projections. It settles them into predictable patterns of response, occupying their minds while you wait for the extraordinary moment — that which they cannot anticipate.  - Sun Tzu

I read Hunka’s link above. In Canada you do not have to take the stand in a trial against you but if decide to do so or make a statement you give up your right of silence and have to answer the questions.

So !..........  Hunka has already made statements and is now required by law to elaborate when asked questions about those statements. 

2 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:ph34r:  Maaaaybe I just say that to throw mom....er... others off my trail!  You never know who might be watching! 

Yeah ... good move ... they'll never suspect that! :whistling:

16 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

So !..........  Hunka has already made statements and is now required by law to elaborate when asked questions about those statements. 

I don’t recall any fine print about having to make “truthful” statements.  :whistling:  And what?  We’re on the stand now?  :blink:  I wasn’t sworn in, your Honor!

Fiction is way better than reality!  Although reality can sometimes be stranger than fiction at times.  The fact is I often like to bend reality a little to fit my fictional online persona and confound the realists!  And the bounty hunters... :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Although reality can sometimes be stranger than fiction 

Unfortunately your words ring true. The Kentucky prison system is currently running a security check on me just so I can see my dying brother in the hospital tomorrow. I give up.

Help me laugh...or atleast smile Hunka.

5 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Unfortunately your words ring true. The Kentucky prison system is currently running a security check on me just so I can see my dying brother in the hospital tomorrow. I give up.

I just don't get it, how you keep getting a hard time, and yet seem to come out on top....I mean, just look at those rainbow vids you made some time back. Despite crashes, and all that others stuff going on. :clap3: well life isn't fair or just..it is just life..someone just seems better at it than others. How you seem to rebounce everytime...all I can say good job. 

I hope it make you smile just a bit at least. It might not be a haha smile, but smile never the less 😀.

I have decided to rehab1-test faith...I must reach my 1000km mark for the year on my KS18L  despite weather forecast looks bad...it is only 15 km to go. So time to earn a rehab1 reward.

@Unventor thanks for your thoughts. This is surreal but helpful to talk to someone. 

My brother has been on life support for 2 weeks and the prison did not contact us. His living will states he did not want any form life support.  I had to email the documents to the hospital.

The warden just called back and gave me approval to see my brother before pulling his vent.  Can you believe it? 

I leave early in the AM. To late to book a flight so I’m driving.

I also just found out that my brother wants to be cremated and his ashes spread by motorcycle around Mount Rushmore. I’ll will grant his request somehow. 

Thanks again for listening.

Dan

@Rehab1 I'm sure I speak for everyone here, when I say, good luck tomorrow, at this difficult time.  Try to get a good night's sleep, and when driving tomorrow, please try to push thoughts about the days impending events to the back of your mind and allow yourself to concentrate on the road and your surroundings.  The last thing your wife needs, 3 days before Christmas, is to get a call about you being in a wreck in Kentucky.

Our thoughts are with you.

7 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

:blink:  Whoa, what the heck?  Hang in there, Dan, and drive carefully.  It is strange how someone with honestly the biggest heart always seems to be put through some of life’s toughest challenges, but I have faith that you’re up to the task.

I think your brother knows he is fortunate to have someone like you in his life.  Sometimes we can’t always control what happens to us while we’re breathing and living in this world, but the company we keep can often make things more bearable during the tougher times.

Maybe you can suit up and roll at Mount Rushmore on an EUC and honor him in your own special way.  It’s all about the fun in life, and I think your brother would want you enjoying it while you can.  We each make our own paths from the decisions we make and what fate offers to us.  If you get lemons, make lemon cream pie I always say!  I hope somehow you find some peace, and you are able to cherish the good times rather than let the bad ones drag you too far down.

Archived