Electric Unicycle Brand Ownership Poll

John Eucist

Electric Unicycle Brand Ownership Poll  

118 members have voted

1. 1. What electric unicycle brands do you / have you owned? (you can check more than one choice)

It seems I voted a long time ago.  No way for me to update, right?

If a moderator could update - add these: CXM, SML, TG, and Inmotion

Also to have an accurate % count, you could allow doubles if for example some have four of the same brand they would be counted 4x - but that's probably not possible.  Anyway I have a 2nd Gotway now.  At some point I'll have a Kingsong...

57 minutes ago, esaj said:

This poll is quite dated (over year old), I don't think King Song (and maybe some others) were around back then.

oh, in that case - it would be easier to redo the voting. Old data can be thrown away since people change equipment over time.  Or create a new 2016 poll, how about that?

Edit: this has been a merged post.

4 minutes ago, castShadow said:

It seems I voted a long time ago.  No way for me to update, right?

If a moderator could update - add these: CXM, SML, TG, and Inmotion

Also to have an accurate % count, you could allow doubles if for example some have four of the same brand they would be counted 4x - but that's probably not possible.  Anyway I have a 2nd Gotway now.  At some point I'll have a Kingsong...

oh, in that case - it would be easier to redo the voting. Old data can be thrown away since people change equipment over time.  Or create a new 2016 poll, how about that?

Yeah, it seems like I cannot edit the old poll at all... or just didn't find where it can be done ;)  New poll might be in order at some, right now I'm just trying to catch up a bit on the forums, before heading for bed  (only about 20+ threads with new posts to go, and more by the time I wake up... :P).

Yeae, first post, just joined this great community, been a lurker for the past week, after I got the cheap universal euc, which literally I've been only on for like 15-20 mins, dang, this thing is hard, gonna use it only for learning the starting point.

After last night finally took the plunge and ordered NB1, I think I can finally join here, looking forward for a great time here.

You know what's funny.. I see Inmotion (Xiaomi wanted to invest in them) building quality products but rarely see anyone claming ownership of their wheels here. OTOH, I rarely see much about Gotway in China but they are popular on this forum. IPS and Ninebot (Airwheel too) are the definite stables as they are popular everywhere.

The users of the forums are probably a pretty small fraction of riders worldwide... there could be some bias towards certain brands here, that does not represent the real world situation of brand distribution.

33 minutes ago, esaj said:

The users of the forums are probably a pretty small fraction of riders worldwide... there could be some bias towards certain brands here, that does not represent the real world situation of brand distribution.

True - my impression is the sportily (and tinkering) types are a majority here. Those that just want to commute or have rides through parks on tarmac may have different demands for their EUCs. I guess that's why I couldn't find much about my Inmotion V3 here, though it seems rather popular in Germany.

I have an Inmotion dual tire.  Sometimes you can sense a bias in a group and sometimes you don't want to go against that bias.

The question to ask is do I like my Inmotion V3?  Yes.  Am I satisfied overall with it?  Yes.  Do I believe in the company?  Yes.

The build quality is pretty good I think.  Does it have features unique or advanced than others?  Yes.  For having two 14" tires the body still is pretty narrow and comfortable.  Also they include pads that actually work and feel like they do what they should be doing - as we may all know, many wheels use a very thin silicone type of padding which feel rock hard even if they may prevent bruising to some extent (but a better design might be to remove that corner or round off that corner maybe) (there should be some debate as to what shape should the sides be not just for comfort but for control - for example you might find that a narrow body gives you less control but a wide body is uncomfortable) (but yet padding should act like padding).  Their products seem pretty good quality to me even if they don't offer super-long range batteries.

Inmotion V3 is pretty good based on the model I tried in Shenzhen. The only down fall is the range and price. For a two wheel unicycle, it seemed very stable. The two wheel does make turning a bit harder but they finally came out with the V5, their first single wheel. I have not tried that model yet, but it's priced right for beginners. If your an advanced rider, this won't do due to the low speed limit. But for the person that likes cruising at 12km/h, the V5 sounds like a good deal.

Archived