<Need your Help>potential Ergonomics issue of Ninebot Z

StyleTang

I'm just concern about nineBot Z have potential Ergonomics  issue. as i'm 165cm height. due to  Ninebot Z is always under pressure on the inside of the leg.   if keep long-term ride Z over 8000KM or more (like 2,0000 KM) then will lead to  X-legs or O-legs. 

as i ride EUC like 60KM per day during weekend. 

so i'm very concern this potential issue,  can you help to clarify if Z have such potenial Ergo issue or not?  

i checked with some experience friends who ride EUC over 2,0000 KM but before Z. someone agree , some not.

appreciate your inputs. thanks.

by the way, i think if you hight over 180cm then there will be not a problem.  

Some Riding Photo for your reference.

image.thumb.png.a47551aeae903327b50143e598a7dc7c.png

There is NO NEED to press Your legs to the wheel !  You shall have your feet wide on the pedals, so if any case (like going uphill) you may need your knees to be closer to the top which be quite straight legs in fact..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I have no clue how people can ride the Z hugging the shell.

I need to have my legs as wide as possible, almost half hanging off the side edge of the pedals, to have any chance of good turning at high speeds.

@StyleTang I don’t care how long your friends have ridden EUC (worse if those miles were not on the Z, as there is no other EUC like it), that doesn’t necessarily mean they have great, dare I say ‘proper’, technique, especially if they have any issues turning with the Z at speed, which took me quite some time to finalize a readjustment in my normal EUC technique to be able to turn adeptly at speed (hint: I use a ton more tip-toes turning on the Z than on any other EUC).

Edited by houseofjob
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lukasz said:

My daughter is 168 cm tall - no complains about wheel making her legs X or O shaped

woo. that's great. your daughter ride Z?  if yes, how many total mileage so far?
also, my daughter(120cm hight, 7years old) ride V8 under 200KM,,just for fun, no long range rider, and very low frequnce. seem like no any problem, but i think Ninebot A1 is more suitable for her.
for this topic, i just want to send one alert to everyone who ride z, if ride Z over 8000KM or 1~2years,  not sure if it would be a leg problem or not to short guys(no offense. i'm also 165cm hight.)

due to this test may take many Years and over 10000KM, so not sure some crazy gay already ride such long.
by the way, i found one guy from my side, 175cm hight, leg have  problem, the leg like O-leg, maybe her leg alreayd like that before play wheel. not sure,
but after Play many wheels, like GT16 over 30000KM then muscle of leg have some small changes.  this guy like ride up-down hill, corss-country. so his knees must to be closer to the top then leg take much more presure.
it's very hard to get some Scientific data. just leave some inputes here for alert only.

from my personal experience. i just ridden Thin and light wheel over 12000KM,   don't have much experience ride wide wheel. 

On 11/15/2018 at 10:25 AM, houseofjob said:

I have no clue how people can ride the Z hugging the shell.

I need to have my legs as wide as possible, almost half hanging off the side edge of the pedals, to have any chance of good turning at high speeds.

@StyleTang I don’t care how long your friends have ridden EUC (worse if those miles were not on the Z, as there is no other EUC like it), that doesn’t necessarily mean they have great, dare I say ‘proper’, technique, especially if they have any issues turning with the Z at speed, which took me quite some time to finalize a readjustment in my normal EUC technique to be able to turn adeptly at speed (hint: I use a ton more tip-toes turning on the Z than on any other EUC).

thanks for inputs, 

i write this potential risk out, just want to some guy who like my hight would not face the potential leg problem.

my one friend ride GT16 over 3,0000 KM(over 5years), i try this wheel over10km,  the EUC does put a lot of pressure on leg in normal ride. if ride to hill then pressure will be much more.

i also ride Z over a few KM, it's better than GT16 but i also concerns it's too much wide.   so i write such note for your guys for help. 

if this is ture risk then i will send this message to golbal user(who have short hight, who is not suitable this wheel,  ). as you know we have too much wheel could use this era.

Edited by StyleTang
correct some words

On 11/15/2018 at 9:13 AM, Lukasz said:

There is NO NEED to press Your legs to the wheel !  You shall have your feet wide on the pedals, so if any case (like going uphill) you may need your knees to be closer to the top which be quite straight legs in fact..

agree with u, but if ride V10, no any pressure on Leg even up/down hill,  i like off-road, i tried so much bad road, my leg almost don't touch the wheel all the way.

see some picuture during riding bad road.

1592989346_shortz.thumb.jpg.5dd666d4a0b2466e248cb2f1b24fff42.jpg

Edited by StyleTang
add words

On 11/15/2018 at 3:25 PM, houseofjob said:

I need to have my legs as wide as possible

:efefa6edcf:

In all seriousness this is a great thread for me.  I spent an inordinate amount of time trying to find where my legs and feet should be one my only day on a wheel so far.  Good to hear how others do it and the wide stance makes sense purely from a comfort perspective to me.  (im 190cm and 78kg for reference)

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Alex_from_NZ said:

tenor.gif

1 hour ago, Alex_from_NZ said:

In all seriousness this is a great thread for me.  I spent an inordinate amount of time trying to find where my legs and feet should be one my only day on a wheel so far.  Good to hear how others do it and the wide stance makes sense purely from a comfort perspective to me.  (im 190cm and 78kg for reference)

I am a severe over-thinker & over-researcher, so when I was first learning EUC, I was scouring all resources for foot positioning advice

...... to find not very much, besides the typical "how-to-avoid-foot-pain" type tips; nothing technical, physics/mechanics-based.

After 3 years of EUC-ing now, I've found that IMHO, for true proficiency (which I myself am still trying to approach, every day, every ride), there is no 1 ideal foot placement, only the ideal foot placement for the maneuver you are trying to accomplish, be it turns, carving, slow speed, etc.

In other words, to fully maximize your manipulation of the EUC, your feet really need to move be moving (legs & hips follow) with each change in maneuver. Set-it-and-forget-it feet will only get you so far with EUC (albeit, enough to ride normally), plus your feet are more vulnerable to pain from lack of motion. 

Don't want to make broken promises here, but I will eventually get my lazy butt to make these technique videos I've been meaning to post on my YouTube *ugh*

Edited by houseofjob
  • Like 3

On 11/22/2018 at 6:34 AM, Alex_from_NZ said:

should be suitable for u, since you already over 180cm.  have fun :)

• 4 months later...
5 hours ago, StyleTang said:

how about now? if anybody have issue with fat EUC?

My weight (including gear) is about 85kg (~190 lbm), shoe size EU 46 2/3 (US 12) and height ist about 194 cm (~ 76 inch), perhaps it's not an advantage in general riding EUCs. Using a tire pressure about 1,7 bar (25 psi) on the Z10 and a wide stance makes riding much more comfortable and takes away the wobbling at higher speeds.

On 11/22/2018 at 12:38 AM, houseofjob said:

Don't want to make broken promises here, but I will eventually get my lazy butt to make these technique videos I've been meaning to post on my YouTube *ugh*

A short learning video would be wonderful!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Thor said:

A short learning video would be wonderful!

Argh! I know! 

I just bought a few extra action cameras so I can dual film my feet/legs in synch. Just need to figure out a mount/rig to film, etc.

• Upvote 2