"NineTool" - Increase max speed Ninebot and change model

MRN76

2 hours ago, Liv2xplore said:

I want to upgrade my Z10, how do I send you the info from the app and pay you for the service and code?

If you click on the link below it will take you to a very good resource that I used previously, with good step by step instructions.  The web page is in Spanish, but if you are using Google Chrome it should automatically translate it to English.  Hope this helps.

https://iwheelsurvive.com/ninetool/

• Like 1

16 hours ago, fbhb said:

If you click on the link below it will take you to a very good resource that I used previously, with good step by step instructions.  The web page is in Spanish, but if you are using Google Chrome it should automatically translate it to English.  Hope this helps.

https://iwheelsurvive.com/ninetool/

Thank you. I'm in contact with him now.

• Like 1

I did the update yesterday. I love the result! A great step off point before I go to the faster wheels. I have a group ride Sunday that's on flat ground so I'm a little concerned about battery life. Pretty sure I'll be taking 5 or 10 miles off my range but that's a small price for the extra head room and to be able to go over 30. So far the best I've had is 32 mph which felt screaming fast!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Liv2xplore said:

I did the update yesterday. I love the result! A great step off point before I go to the faster wheels. I have a group ride Sunday that's on flat ground so I'm a little concerned about battery life. Pretty sure I'll be taking 5 or 10 miles off my range but that's a small price for the extra head room and to be able to go over 30. So far the best I've had is 32 mph which felt screaming fast!

Glad to hear you are enjoying the firmware, it really is a great upgrade to the Z10.  Jut remember to take care when getting close to the top speeds at Any battery level, due to the lower headroom compared to stock, other than that I have found it to be totally safe.  And yes, the Only downside is the reduced range of an already comparatively low range wheel but definitely well worth the trade off IMHO!  

Edited by fbhb

• 6 months later...

Hi everybody,

I bought some years ago two Ninetool licenses for hacking my One E+ and One S2 speed limit. During these years, I never had a problem using my "urban" wheels in the city:  initially I was a little afraid of this somewhat dangerous hack, but either I was lucky or (I like to think so) simply wise :). I really enjoyed the money spent on this hack.

Anyway, once the wheels have been unlocked, I never used Ninetool; meanwhile, I upgraded my Samsung S7 to a S20, actually with Android 11.

Today, I tried to open the app (if ever I decide to sell one wheel, I want to sell it with the original firmware), but it doesn't match. With both Ninetool and Ninebattery (the other MRN26'app) the screen app disappears after half second, and a warning message tell me to upgrade. Apparently, apps are open in the background, but they don't work.

Any suggestion about how to fix? Unluckily MRN26 account doesn't receive MP.

Thank you in advance.

1 hour ago, MaxMi said:

Unluckily MRN26 account doesn't receive MP.

@MRN76 seems not to be here regularly. By this @ he gets notified once he comes by again. (https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/13355-notification-how-to-get-another-forum-members-attention/)

Or you contact him by other ways: https://mrn76.ru/ru/kontakty/

1 hour ago, MaxMi said:

Ninebattery

is stated here

to not run on android 10. Maybe the same is true for Android 11? Wheellog works now with Ninebots BMS for these detailed data.

• Like 1

On 3/18/2021 at 4:20 PM, Chriull said:

Maybe the same is true for Android 11? Wheellog works now with Ninebots BMS for these detailed data.

Yes I think it's so. Almost till Android 8 both apps match perfectly, I've to use previous phone to remove the hack.

Edited by MaxMi

• 6 months later...
28 minutes ago, Duf said:

Is this still valid? 

Hey @Duf, I saw your recent videos about getting your Z10 and your mentioning the "speed unlock". I have some info on the steps involved from when I did mine (I believe it's still possible to do), but I'll have to dig it out for you.

Please bare with me and I'll find All the info you need (it may take a little while).

Congrats on getting a Z10, by the way, I still love mine for it's uniqueness and have over 9000kms trouble free.

Edited by fbhb

@Duf, my mistake regarding having to dig out the relevant info you need. I thought I had posted about the NineTool info in this other thread that also has a lot of relevant details: 

But the posts of mine I was thinking of are actually in this topic right here, just several posts back where I refer to a Spanish web page that describes All the steps involved.

You may have already seen it though (and other useful posts from informed forum members), if you've scoured through some of the posts on this page in particular.

Anyway, hope it helps as the most recent version by mrn76 was based on the most up to date Ninebot firmware and does work extremely well.

Edited by fbhb

8 hours ago, Duf said:

Yea I have the tool and the author responded to me but the only payment he takes is crypto and I don't have a convenient way set up to do that right now.

Good to hear you were able to get in touch with him, but sorry to hear he does not take PayPal any longer. I definitely used PayPal for my code, but that was in April 2020!

Hope you get it sorted one way or another, the unlock tool is well worth the outlay plus the NineTool also allows a whole range of options for settings changes with serial numbers, firmware versions etc.

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2022 at 6:18 PM, DrAdam1986 said:

@MRN76 hey man please need help with setting up new controller board after my first one got busted (for Z10).

I rarely visit the forum. Who needs help with activating the controller (free), write to me in telegram @mrn762, I only make firmware for those who can pay in bitcoins.