"NineTool" - Increase max speed Ninebot and change model

MRN76

10 hours ago, enaon said:

Are you not from Germany? We have the same directives in the EU as well , under 60v dc for low voltage.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low_Voltage_Directive

I disagree about the correct voltage being 63 volts for a 15s lion battery setup. Going to 4.10 volt looses 10% of capacity per charge, but brings safety in the means of braking ability and doubles the expected charging cycles. I hope other manufacturers are as sensible as ninebot is. 

1487373485_2019-03-285_13_53.png.6dbc20d4535a0574c6671cb11127bd94.png

https://batteryuniversity.com/index.php/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries 

Yes... i am from Germany....

I guess  the table Shows it quite exactly:

If you Always charge to 100% = 4,20 Volt you have About 300-500 FULL cycles...a full cycles stands for a total charge from 0--100%. (so not something from 30-80%...thats just a half cycle)

Yeah, when you only charge to 80-90%....you can make your cells live longer….500-1000 cycles then.

So when you charge to Full...that means that you can charge About 300-500 Times completly from 0 to 100%.....Have you even do the math what that means??

Lets take the lower number: 300 cycles….With one cycle on my 1036wh Wheel i can go 300 x 60km = 18.000 km....and then the batterys are NOT dead...they just loose a bit of their capacity….

So even on a E plus with 320wh which can go perhaps 25km....even there you have Minimum 300 x 25km = 7500...before the capacity goes a bit down.

And yes, all other Producers: KingSong, Gotway, Inmotion...they actually have 20Seriell cell System 4,2V x 20 = 84Volt, and YES, they ALL use their FULL Charge capability.

And Also Ninebot on their newest Wheel Z10 with a 14cell Setup 4,2Volt x 1 = 58,8Volt , they ALSO charge to Full! They provide a 100% -> 58,8Volt charger for it :whistling:

(Btw the 60Volt law was also exactly the reason why Ninebot now just did a 14Cell System on their latest Wheel...instead of 15cells on the 4 year old E plus! Or better even a modern 84Volt Wheel) Also with the MiniPro that i owned (15cell Systems = 63Volt) Ninebot gave me a 63Volt charger)….So they are not "sensible"  ;)

The reason for just giving a 60 Volt charger for a 15cell Wheel with 63Volt was only because of  legislations and their fear About this rules  at the time.

This complete "better only charge to 80% or 90%-it is better for your cells" is -in my view- totally overstated for an EUC....as we most probably never reach the end-Lifetime of our cells on a EUC...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, US69 said:

:whistling:

I must have pushed a button :)

The full cycle is down to 3V, you are correct when saying we only get it down to ~3.5V, but you miss the point of topping. Topping the battery to 100% is taking more on cycle life, it is not the same going from 0-50 as going from 50-100. 

I will try to see what kind of batteries the z10 has, my guess is that they will be max 4.3 volt ones, I trust ninebot :)

The batteries were then discharged at 1,500mA to 3.0V/cell, and the cycle was repeated

To my understanding though the more important question is the charge status and temperature when storing the battery. Charging to 100% right after each ride and storing at 25ºC lets the battery deplete to 80% capacity after only one year, regardless of the number of cycles ridden, as shown in Table 3.

https://batteryuniversity.com/index.php/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

22 hours ago, enaon said:

I will try to see what kind of batteries the z10 has, my guess is that they will be max 4.3 volt ones, I trust ninebot :)

Yes, you pressed the button trying to tell me something About battery's B)

Z10:

It is 14Seriell 6parallel block (not really parallel in fact, they are daisy chained) 58,8 Volt System packs with 3200mah LG MH1 cell, 10Amp max and Standard 4,2 Volt max. 

And in the Mini Pro are also no 4,3Volt cells ….btw.: NO EUC manufacter in the world uses such exotic 4,3Volt cell. Just as These are About 3-4times more expensive

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, US69 said:

Yes, you pressed the button trying to tell me something About battery's B)

:) 

I will try to verify your findings on the cell type of the z10, if you are correct then the charge doctor is a must :)

On 3/27/2019 at 9:27 PM, Monocyklista said:

My weight is 95 kg (with winter clothes and backpack even 110 kg) and riding on modified firmware - thanks to @MRN76 couple of months without any problems. 

FWIW I've also been riding pretty much every day near top speed on a bumpy/rough road with no problems since I posted a couple of weeks back. This is with the Ninebot S2. The alarm gives you plenty of warning to stop leaning too far forward.

Edited by Knifa

• 1 month later...

Hello. Many of you are faced with the problem that the firmware lasts for a very long time (it happens even an entire hour). And it's good if it is stitched - but there are timeout errors and you have to repeat the firmware process again. I struggled with this problem for a long time, but I could not do it. Arthur helped me (I do not know which forum he is from, maybe even from here), he suggested which way to look in order to correct this problem. For a long time I studied all this, I made a new version of the application, 2.0, this is not a release, but only a beta version. it completely rewritten the algorithm for flashing and reading keys with a serial number. All this works much faster, but there are also disadvantages. Minor drawbacks - sometimes errors appear, there are two of them ("invalid floating point operation","Duplicates not allowed."), these errors are related to animation processing (Without it, the process does not work and I did it in the form of a moving wheel), they do not affect the process. But there is a bad mistake, sometimes the process hangs and the application does not see it and cannot stop the process. If you see that the process in one place is more than 10 seconds, then you need to restart the application. You can download the new beta version from the previous link.

The issue i have with this mod is people over leaning and face-planting due to the perceived assumption that increased (reduced safety buffer) speed equals increased power, which is false.

The repercussion of this is more crashes equals EUCs are unsafe, so ban them. We are all adults but think about the repercussion of this Mod

I'm sorry if this is out of topic question or it was answered already (haven't found it).

Can this app be used only for changing S/N when new control board is installed to 9B Z10?

4 hours ago, MRN76 said:

Yes. This application may change the serial number.

Great! I don't need it yet. But if I will need to replace motherboard, it is necessary to set S/N.

Edited by jitesar

• 1 month later...
On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 5:15 AM, Afeez Kay said:

The issue i have with this mod is people over leaning and face-planting due to the perceived assumption that increased (reduced safety buffer) speed equals increased power, which is false.

The repercussion of this is more crashes equals EUCs are unsafe, so ban them. We are all adults but think about the repercussion of this Mod

Have you seen any examples of this issue you are concerned about?  If you have, please share as the more data we have on this the better.  I haven't yet heard of any crashes caused by this speed hack.  I have put a lot of kilometers on mine since the mod and I'm happy to report no incidents, bugs or failures so far.  If you live in London, from my understanding EUCs are already pretty much banned there anyway. 

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 5:42 AM, GyroRideRz said:

Are you serious ? 

People over leaning and face planting for they just don't take care about security. 

It is not written anywhere that the mod increases power, but rather speed. You draw conclusions out of which you don't know where. If people think that, they should start by learning to read

How many of them take the time to test all different feeling you can have with the Z just in changing the tire pression ?

How many of them are riding without protection ?

How many of them are riding at more than 35km on damaged road, or on road they are not use to take ?

This mod as lot of thing in the life can be wonderfull when use by responsible people, but can be a disaster when use by bad people. So there is no reason to punish everybody for all unconscious people who use it. So we should also ban alcohol....

You have to know how to empower people more than always want to ban everything, it's one of the big problems of our current society, you ban rather than educate

I agree with much of what you wrote.  No matter what vehicle, tool, device we are talking about, there are always a minority of stupid people that will use it inappropriately and hurt themselves.  This does not mean we should ban EUCs, cars and butter knives.  It doesn't mean we should not look for ways to improve our wheels or get the most out of them by doing things like removing software performance limitations after careful analysis and testing. 

Alcohol kills and hurts a shocking number of people every day and is guaranteed to damage the human body with every sip and yet it is not banned.  If we look at the statistics and understand just how destructive it is, it would make more sense for alcohol to be banned before EUCs.  If we look at how many people ride EUCS and what percentage of them have died as a result, it is very low (perhaps 0%). If we look at what percentage of them have had their health, relationships or lives irreparably damaged by EUCs it is also very low.  Alcohol is good for social settings for those who cannot enjoy life without having their central nervous systems chemically supressed, but it's a carcinogen, it damages human tissue, is addictive, increases road accidents, violence, depression, aggression, career damage, relationship problems etc.  But we are free to guzzle it by the litre and let society deal with the destruction.

The UK and other countries moving towards banning this kind of personal transport, including electric kick scooters, skateboards and such things is such an odd decision that could only come from politicians and civilians who have little understanding or experience of this mode of transport.  The data contradicts this decision.  Sadly, many things that are banned in society are banned by the same clueless people. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks MRN76!

Just unchained my S2 to 30.

Tested immediately but felt courious to go faster than I did before. I had to push myself ... But still not hit the limit, I have to get braver and get better armor... Just in case.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, I have known about the existence of a Ninebot speed firmware hack since the Ninebot E+ generation, seems like it has been around for a long time. However there does not seem to be any kingsong hacks around. Its a shame the 16x firmware only goes up to 50kph. Especially since similar specced wheels have enough power to sustain at least 60kph safely.

Michael from Kingsong did hint in another thread that it should be allowed eventually, and the app's max speed setting menu seems to tease the possibility that a final 60kph limit is built somewhere into the firmwhere waiting to be released one day. @MRN76 is there a reason why it hasn't/can't be hacked like the Z10? Cheers.

Edited by Tinkererboi
Tag user

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
On 8/15/2020 at 3:00 PM, Tinkererboi said:

@MRN76 with the whole geolocking bullshit going on over at Kingsong, do you have any plans to hack the KS firmware next? Anything the community can do to help if you are gonna do it?

Unfortunately, there the processor is protected from reading.

4 hours ago, MRN76 said:

Unfortunately, there the processor is protected from reading.

😭 Noooooo

On a half serious note, is it possible to trick KS servers into sending the firmware to a spoofed 'wheel", modifying it, and then redirecting the app into installing modified firmware from another server? 

Not a programmer, just very curious. 

48 minutes ago, Tinkererboi said:

😭 

On a half serious note, is it possible to trick KS servers into sending the firmware to a spoofed 'wheel", modifying it, and then redirecting the app into installing modified firmware from another server? 

Yes. Or at least this was possible.

But the disassemblies of the bin files looked very strange. Could be they are encrypted, too - or I'm just to stupid :thumbup:

• Like 1

Well if you hacker guys want burner Kingsongs to idk decap or something I recommend getting a whole bunch shipped out from Singapore.

Maybe even get a community fund going or something to cover the costs. With the ban going on lots of people are selling their older wheels for close to nothing. This is roughly $170 USD for example. 

Screenshot_20200819-003250_Carousell.jpg

22 hours ago, Tinkererboi said:

😭 Noooooo

Not a programmer, just very curious. 

Yes, you can change the server. But the problem is that the firmware is encrypted. And the encryption key is not known.

• Like 1