"NineTool" - Increase max speed Ninebot and change model

MRN76

30 minutes ago, MRN76 said:

I propose further discussion to lead on another forum. He is in Russian. Please write a message in English and lower translation in Russian.

https://electrotransport.ru/ussr/index.php?topic=56928.0

To bad it's not in English, translating is getting better but not quite at that level just yet, for me anyways but please consider it I am sure a bigger audience just around the corner..

Weird decision indeed, so hardware mods fine but not software, is that really correct?

Personally I most certainly do not want anyone to go out and hurt themselves, but if a grown up and responsible for own actions absolutely must do it for some reason I say go ahead, knock em dead! Several other places will allow it for sure it's just the nature of a free market, I for one would be happy to create account just to follow out of pure interest and see what human ingenuity can come up with, especially when a 1 man army DIY at home.

1 hour ago, MRN76 said:

I will make a description in 2 languages. And the second is English. I need time to translate the description.

Thanks, appreciate it.

I wish there was a English version of the whole website. :D  But cannot have it all I get it, in France they do French, in Russia... etc etc.

52 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

Thanks to the Moderators for giving time to reorganize. People might be upset but this shows respect for our friends.

Indeed and great point, great mind set by the way.
Cool, clam, easy peasy.. I like it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Electroman said:

Personally I most certainly do not want anyone to go out and hurt themselves, but if a grown up and responsible for own actions absolutely must do it for some reason I say go ahead, knock em dead!

The problem is that even many "grown ups" are naive and/or ignorant about important facts. They don't take the risk because they have assessed it correctly and took the decision consciously, knowingly and willingly. Just as it happens the internet is even readable to young people who are by definition even less so "responsible for their own actions". You know that, right?

Always weird to never hear this "responsible for their own actions" phrase for publishers of dangerous mods, as if publishing would not be an action people should take responsibility for.

31 minutes ago, Mono said:

The problem is that even many "grown ups" are naive and/or ignorant about important facts. They don't take the risk because they have assessed it correctly and took the decision consciously, knowingly and willingly. Just as it happens the internet is even readable to young people who are by definition even less so "responsible for their own actions". You know that, right?

Always weird to never hear this "responsible for their own actions" phrase for publishers of dangerous mods, as if publishing would not be an action people should take responsibility for.

I hear what you say, but it's a 2 edged sword too imho.

Sorry I may not be reading this correct so could be out on weak ice here misunderstanding, but if you are are you insinuating publisher bear the responsibility for actions of others acting upon something written online then what about out whole society and all news outlets getting it wrong on a daily basis, CNN would be a prime example to me? For ex, if I did a mod making my wheel dangerous to push flat out hard, is it not minimum partly my responsibility still to make sure I am not crossing that line? Yes I can say I did not understand the consequences, but flip it around, if I did a mod without understanding what I did at all implying innocence is that not then on me still for messing with things beyond my understanding and perhaps  not the author, software coder?

If I do not understand what I am doing at all, am I a danger to myself or even society and if so what's the consequences of that, conscious though and all that, cogito, ergo sum?

But I admit I am of the view that we must take more responsibility for own actions, if I am 16 and go steal something here police will come to my parents, it's the law where I am located and I suspect in many countries, yes it is illegal to tell someone to steal too but a minefield to prove blame, unless clear threat of for ex physical violence unless the theft is committed but that's bit different to me.

Anyways just philosophy I suppose. Even though my worldview is semi solid it's good to ponder on, makes me think of this ,interesting but potentially deadly and not even the so called dark net, freely and open for anyone to see, and more so..

15 minutes ago, Electroman said:

Anyways just philosophy I suppose. Even though my worldview is semi solid it's good to ponder on, makes me think of this ,interesting but potentially deadly and not even the so called dark net, freely and open for anyone to see, and more so..

The systematic misinformation about drugs is another responsibility weighing heavily on the shoulders of those who spread them (I don't quite even want to estimate the sickening life count), but that's a topic for another day...

Edited by Mono
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Mono said:

The systematic misinformation about drugs is another responsibility weighing heavily on the shoulders of those who spread them (I don't quite even want to estimate the sickening life count), but that's a topic for another day...

I know your position from the time when I added the ability to unlock 35 km/h on V8 in WheelLog. But you are not the only person in the community, and many others have a different opinion. Moreover, such an argument seems strange to me in the presence of Gotway, where you can turn off the maximum speed limit out of the box, and get 100% faceplant if you are not aware of your actions.
I would like to receive a response from the moderators or administrators, on the basis of which such a decision was made. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I add as objective data that there have been (and there are) producers who have used us as beta testers for years. Even the brands that have chosen to carve out a slice of reputation for the reliability and safety of their products, now must invest in increasingly powerful and fast wheels in order not to be cut off from the business; and apart the modest but courageous attempts from IPS, I do not have the impression that any manufacturer is investing downwards, in the wheels that would be the most versatile for most people. The "greatest is better" is an immanent value in our societies, in the long run I think destructive, but with which we must still reckon.

I agree that simply warning that “an inherently dangerous practice requires preparation and awareness” sounds a bit hypocritical and simply formalist, moreover not unlike allowing the sale of cigarettes with the inscription "seriously harms your health" ... It is certainly a problem, like those much more serious highlighted by @Electroman, but it’s not censoring with a paternalistic spirit an argument that you get more security, plus risking that certain issues can slip into the dark web, where they would have no way to be discussed and/or eventually challenged.

Sorry for OT: in centuries considered “dark”, St. Thomas Aquinas already wrote that "the content takes the form of the container". Replacing education in the selection of sources, which is certainly not the task of a free forum, with arbitrary censorship is not a better remedy than the damage that one would like to avoid. Even if these two cents are the result of my father's heart, despite the awareness that even in the courtrooms, unfortunately, the assessment of responsibilities moves more and more often from a formalistic and not substantial approach to the causes, and this is a real dead end...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, palachzzz said:

I know your position from the time when I added the ability to unlock 35 km/h on V8 in WheelLog. But you are not the only person in the community, and many others have a different opinion. Moreover, such an argument seems strange to me in the presence of Gotway, where you can turn off the maximum speed limit out of the box, and get 100% faceplant if you are not aware of your actions.
I would like to receive a response from the moderators or administrators, on the basis of which such a decision was made. 

see

8 hours ago, Mono said:

Just cannot help it, DEA

Hard to believe but cannot find the original anymore, ok was almost 10 years ago I suppose but still this is the one I recognize it, freedom of information act maybe, for real paper documents?

Yes, a topic for a another day, different place indeed you are correct.

Other than that it's fine to agree to disagree too, we are all different and must be allowed to be and feel different about topics, that's a part of a real open and free Democracy. Not that I think we live in one fully but have got to draw it as close to as possible and guard those freedoms hard, they do not come free must stay vigilant.

What was it the US founding father Jefferson said, The tree of liberty ... Ops sorry, do the full banana

“What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure,”

Aristotle said that  "The whole is greater than the sum of its parts" but sure we are onboard with the meaning, the text may be simple but can philosophize around it in loops forever and yet never reach the destination, we are all biased by nature being human beings, we twist things into what we want the end result to become. What can I say, we are flawed but ok trying to better ourselves, it's a journey and personal responsibility and all that.

I am not the man to say what eaxctly is the way, to draw all lines even though we all have got opinions, could go on forever just around a few basic points surrounding the freedom of speech and so very important but discussion is at least relevant, atm the struggle around tech giants like Google for ex..? Some say the y are private corporations and hence can do and shut down anyone they want according to own interpretations of own rule books, me I am in the other camp watching them buy every single little upstarting adventure that have got potential, so how in the world could even see a free competitive system like that? It's cartel behavior to me and the regulator must be regulated for a free internet for everyone.

It's a total minefield to walk I get that, but even discussions around it is progress the way I see it.

MRN,

I suggest one more mod for Z. That limitation that does not allow to turn on the wheel in minus temperatures. Is it something that can also be hacked? I want to keep my Z10 in the car trunk. I live in 4th floor and I hate carying 26kg.

Not sure if bms firmware is possible to modify though.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kva said:

MRN,

I suggest one more mod for Z. That limitation that does not allow to turn on the wheel in minus temperatures. Is it something that can also be hacked? I want to keep my Z10 in the car trunk. I live in 4th floor and I hate carying 26kg.

Not sure if bms firmware is possible to modify though.

You are not the first person to ask to do this. But I still can not figure out the firmware BMS.
I am also asked to make that the wheel does not turn off after 5 minutes of inactivity.
But the main problem of many owners that the BMS does not allow to turn on the wheel if it reaches a certain temperature.

• Like 1

If you have a wheel z, then it is still being tested. While we know little about it, and when testers travel for about a month, if everything is fine, I will add support to the public application. If you have another wheel model, write to me in a personal message and attach a screenshot of the screen with the serial number and keys read.

Great job @MRN76:thumbup:

However, it would be better if there were also 1.4.0 firmware (the last official one), to roll back if one is not happy with the upgrade.

Maybe you can downgrade to 1.3.5 and then upgrade to 1.4.0 with the official app, but it would be better to do it directly from ninetool.

• Like 1