"NineTool" - Increase max speed Ninebot and change model

MRN76

I'm sorry. I am developing without the devices themselves (controller only).
I made a mistake, I will correct it tomorrow. But if someone wants to flash it now, you need to lock the wheel in your own application and open my application

20181114_223953.jpg

• Like 1

Nice Job!! I have to say that I bought a key and I tested the version turbo on the S2 and until now it is working properly.

The maximum speed is 26, is only 2km/h but the tilt back is delayed 3km/h. I can ride at 25km/h without tilt nor alerts. Before at 23 starts to tilt and alert sounds.

Did anyone test the new version that allows reaching 30km/h?

2 minutes ago, t4oqui said:

I rewrote 20 devices in Russia. Also @GMOne and I posted instructions and firmware for self-soldering, and how many more such devices are unknown.
Everyone is very happy, only one minus - the wheel does not always lift the pedals, but just starts beeping. And you need to listen to the beep.

One rider weighs 110kg and his wheel also accelerates to 30km/h.

And always wear protection! They sent me a video, as a rider without protection fell at a speed of 50 km / h - this is very dangerous for health. If he was in defense, there would be fewer consequences, my friend fell 60 + km / h and did not even scratch himself.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, t4oqui said:

I did it yesterday night. My S2 goes now very well. Till next update of NineTool, that automatically will prepare the wheel to the FW update, you have as described above to lock the S2 with the NB official app, then to close it and proceed to the FW update with NineTool. For me it took 15 minutes, many errors due maybe to the instable BT connection. Anyway, no problem, the loading of the FW package seemed to start each time from the beginning, but actually picked up where the last error occurred. Note that this operation, unlike the simple change of the S2 name to Turbo, is for the moment irreversible; but MRN76 has already written above that future updates will also provide the possibility of making the rollback to the original FW. For how usually I drive, I think I'll never push it up 30 km/h; anyway the update allows to drive through the city at 25 km/h very smoothly, without continuous beep beep and tilting, while maintaining the lightness and smartness of a "minor" wheel.

I'm really enthusiast for @MRN76 work, I would never have been able nor brave enough to do the mod with the physical interface, for fear of damaging the wheel; but this air update was like drinking a glass of water. I believe that the small contribution required certainly worth the time he has dedicated to this work, and it is however less than my gratitude :)

I apologize for this short and for many obvious OT: to be sincere, I'm not excited to write about this type of mod (I made an exception because I'm really happy with MRN76's work), although in a forum of enthusiasts; because many people even unprepared and who don't know their own wheel read this informations: bringing the performance of the wheel close to its limit is inherently dangerous (often much more than with the factory restrictions), and I don't think that using protections only to get as close as possible to the limit is generally a good policy, both in personal life, both to democratize our beloved wheels at the legislative level... However, the limits established by the manufacturer are particularly prudential, having to consider also heavy drivers or uphill paths. For example, I weight 70 kg and I live in a flat city; I hope I’m not wrong if I think that up to 27 km/h I can feel confident that in "standard" driving conditions (not accelerating or decelerating too fast, etc.) my wheel will not leave me on the ground. But also with factory restrictions we have seen people falling and getting hurt in a stupid way, so... :rolleyes:

Edited by MaxMi
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Do I need to upgrade to other versions for wheel A1/S2? I have such versions: 1.0.4, 1.0.7, 1.0.9 and there are no such versions 1.0.5, 1.0.6.

Do I need to upgrade to other versions for wheel C/E/P? I have all versions.

On wheel Zx, I only have 1.0.0 version.If someone sends 1.0.2 and 1.0.5, you can add his support, but it won't be quick here.

1 hour ago, MRN76 said:

Do I need to upgrade to other versions for wheel A1/S2? I have such versions: 1.0.4, 1.0.7, 1.0.9 and there are no such versions 1.0.5, 1.0.6.

Do I need to upgrade to other versions for wheel C/E/P? I have all versions.

On wheel Zx, I only have 1.0.0 version.If someone sends 1.0.2 and 1.0.5, you can add his support, but it won't be quick here.

I read the thread on upgrading A1/S1 to S2 and I saw you created the 1.0.9 FW to raise max speed. But I haven’t understood which difference is there between 1.0.9 and 7.6.0 FW.

About E+, maybe some nostalgic would desire go back to 1.3.5 FW to get more torque, but now I changed the name of my E+ to P model I ask if it’s possible to upgrade to 1.4.3 FW that you are using, and if it’s safe for the E+ custom bms.

Edited by MaxMi

7 minutes ago, MaxMi said:

which difference is there between 1.0.9 and 7.6.0 FW.

The maximum speed in the turbo model is raised from 26 to 30km/h

I will do later for E. I will try to implement this weekend

• Like 1

Also If I've understood everything about S2 (S2 to Turbo => from 24 km/h to 26 km/h; Turbo to 7.6.0 FW => 30 km/h), I'm a bit confused about the E+ .

With NineTool I've still hacked the name/serial; now my E+ thinks to be a P. The FW is still 1.4.0, but I set hight speed mode in the app and I guess I could already go up to 30 km/h (also if never I will do).

So my question is: which difference is there between E+ 1.4.0 FW, now named "P", and 1.4.3 FW (or 7.6.0 FW if you will standardize the name)?

I tried to understand something more by reading your posts of this summer, but with the speed of your progress it was really a long time ago :)

51 minutes ago, jpiat said:

Can we safely get E+ speed with no risk of burning a Mosfet ?

Nobody can assure you and this imho is not a developer’s responsibility. We are free to test unofficial firmwares but at our own risk. A mosfet can occasionally burn also driving into factory restrictions, and of course the closer you are to the technical limits of the wheel, the greater are the chances of burning a mosfet. Official firmwares provide a large margin of safety, if you force them, every pothole, every unexpected obstacle or sudden hard braking may cause a critical power issue. That's why I wrote that this kind of risk is better to take when one knows his wheel better.

Edited by MaxMi
  • Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, jpiat said:

Anyone tried this hack with the C+ ? Can we safely get E+ speed with no risk of burning a Mosfet ? I'am not expecting high speed but 22km/h would be a great improvement.

To whom I set with a motor C/C+, the maximum was obtained to accelerate to 25/26km/h

On 11/17/2018 at 12:36 AM, Monocyklista said:

Hi @MRN76

Can you post a step by step instruction please. I spent an hour and gave up after getting errors. Thanks 

Hello.  I can not make the instruction, I still have not all the ideas on the application implemented, I will finish it and make the instruction.

7 hours ago, José Antonio Ruiz said:

Are there ios app? 

Not. Only android.

9 hours ago, jrj1987 said:

How can I contact with you to make the payment to change a turbo mode? Thank you

You can here in personal messages. Or in telegram @mrn762

13 minutes ago, Krom68 said:

sounds fantastic , looking forward to go further that 50kph on my z10 but looking for some feedback about reliability before flashing my wheel, a falilure at 60 could be quite exiting..

Reliability should imo not be different, as as far is i understand just the speed at which the tilt back starts is changed? There is no real change of the burden for the wheel (motherboard, etc) by this.

Just the probability of an overlean rises, as the maximum possible torque the wheel can deliver decreases the higher the speed is - so the safety margin gets smaller. For more details take a look at 

Driving 60 km/h on a wheel that has a "lift cut off" speed of 80 km/h with fully charged batteries is imho very (over)courageous. Every little extra burden (bump, incline, wind gust, imbalance, acceleration,...) could lead the reaching the max torque over speed limit (->overlean->crash)

I'd see the 65km/h option to have a wheel like a gotway with disabled tilt-back.

• Upvote 1

I will not upload firmware with a limit of 65 anywhere. We will test the real safe speed and after that I will post the updated program. Idling on a fully charged battery 80kmch is very good. It is interesting to know the idle speed on a fully discharged battery.