"NineTool" - Increase max speed Ninebot and change model

MRN76

Just changed my E+ to a P.
Went out for a ride in the rain to try it out... man it was scary going over 23-24km/h.
I get phantom tilt back from memory so it felt very unnatural to go over 24km/h.
I ran out of courage at 26km/h.
A constant speed of 24 is enough for me.
Man i'm gonna die when my MSX arrives lol.

It was dark, it was wet out and also I was simply scared and felt very exposed.

I'll try it again with more protection on.

Thanks for the excellent work @MRN76!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

19 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Just changed my E+ to a P.
Went out for a ride in the rain to try it out... man it was scary going over 23-24km/h.
I get phantom tilt back from memory so it felt very unnatural to go over 24km/h.
I ran out of courage at 26km/h.
A constant speed of 24 is enough for me.
Man i'm gonna die when my MSX arrives lol.

It was dark, it was wet out and also I was simply scared and felt very exposed.

I'll try it again with more protection on.

Thanks for the excellent work @MRN76!

Think you will feel a bit safer going faster on the MSX + psychologically just knowing it's not real speed on it may play a part too?

33 minutes ago, Electroman said:

Think you will feel a bit safer going faster on the MSX + psychologically just knowing it's not real speed on it may play a part too?

Haha yes definitely! I feel like i'm pushing the machine out of spec and just waiting for the cut off! :lol:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

New version 1.5,  for models CEP added firmware 1.4.0, and for models Zx added firmware 7.6.0 (mod, Z6-45km/h,Z8-55km/h,Z10-50km/h), and firmware Z10-65km/h (To check for idling, not for driving)

Screenshot_20181216-151618.png

Screenshot_20181216-152403.png

Screenshot_20181216-152616.png

• Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

New version 1.6,   for models Zx added firmware 7.6.1 (mod, Z6-20km/h,Z8-55km/h,Z10-60km/h), for model a1/s2 In firmware 7.6.0, the speed limit with one battery (Model turbo) from 22km/h to 24 km/h is changed

• Like 1

On 2/1/2019 at 4:41 PM, MRN76 said:

New version 1.6,   for models Zx added firmware 7.6.1 (mod, Z6-20km/h,Z8-55km/h,Z10-60km/h), for model a1/s2 In firmware 7.6.0, the speed limit with one battery (Model turbo) from 22km/h to 24 km/h is changed

Is Z6 only 20km/h? Is there any advantage to upgrade from 7.6.0 to 7.6.1? I have a Z6 already doing 45km/h

14 hours ago, Noillek said:

Is Z6 only 20km/h? Is there any advantage to upgrade from 7.6.0 to 7.6.1? I have a Z6 already doing 45km/h

7.6.1 I was asked to do for countries that are prohibited from driving faster than 20km. 7.6.0 is relevant for the Z6, its speed is 45km / h

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wonderful work, drive more confortable, because no I have a TiltBack.

This weekend I to test good, in better place ond major protections.

Wonderful work. Congratulations

IMG_4380.PNG

Edited by Atharif
  • Upvote 2

Thanks to MRN76 for making this App.  In my experience updating my S1 to an S2 took only a few seconds and added an extra 8kph to my top speed.  Upgrading to firmware 7.6.0 for a top speed of 30kph was more difficult with my phone and took 13 attempts (which all took over 30 minutes each) but it worked in the end.  I believe that not everyone has this problem and that it may depend on the phone that is used.  If anyone is having the same issue I recommend you to keep trying.  Even if it seems like it is never going to work, it probably will after enough attempts.  Thank you once again for the work that went into this mod and for the fact that it doesn't require us to take apart our wheels and modify the hardware.

• Upvote 3

I was able to take my upgraded S1 out for the first test ride on a stretch of road without snow.  It's amazing.  It goes right up to 30kph and then a very rapid beeping begins.  I didn't feel any tilt-back before 30kph or at 30kph though.  Maybe it's there but too slight to notice.  So it feels a little scary when those beeps happen but no tilt-back.  Do you know what would happen if I were to keep riding at 30kph or push it further?  Does tilt-back happen eventually or are we supposed to just slow down at the moment we hear the beeps? 

Since it happens more and more often, especially in this topic, that people report @MRN76 first post instead of replying in an own post:

FYI: Reporting a post (clicking on the "flag" in the upper right corner of a post) sends a message to us moderators and is not seen from anyone else!

Such reports instead of a post are normally just ignored by us moderators - from time to time we inform the member that he clicked the wrong button!

To leave a post seen by the members of this forum (especially by @MRN76 here in this topic) one has to either

- "Quote" one of the posts here (press the blue "Quote" in the lower left corner of a post)

- press "Reply to this topic" (white text on green background) at the top of the page

Edited by Chriull

On 2/16/2019 at 10:47 AM, MRN76 said:

hello MRN76. I have found a bug in 1.4.3 P firmware with high speed on. I think I saw you somewhere warning about it, but cannot find it, maybe it was in the russian forum. 

Anyway, if you set high speed on from your ninetool, the bot will not tilt back if bt connection in alive. You can easily reproduce it by just lifting the wheel after connecting with the app, it will not try to tilt-back and will not enter fail safe mode, it will just keep spinning.

to be honest, I like this behavior, it gives a slight tilt and then tries to keep up. I like it better, can you make it a choice? :)

Edited by enaon

On 11/15/2018 at 12:19 PM, MRN76 said:

Everyone is very happy, only one minus - the wheel does not always lift the pedals, but just starts beeping. And you need to listen to the beep.

found it, this is the bug I am talking about. If any bt app is connected, segway or ninetool etc, the wheel will not fully tilt back, it will give a slight tilt and then it will let you fall if you want. I like it better, I can still stop it after the notice, in a more controlled manner I think.

ps. I have done some more tests, it doesn't need the bt connection to be alive, once bt connects the top-speed tiltback is gone for the rest of the ride. One can lift the wheel and control the speed on the air, it will not disable itself. 

this is a video demonstrating the effect on a c+( with p 1.4.3 firmware), thus speed is limited to 32km/h

Edited by enaon

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought an activation code, and changed the mode of my unicycle to Turbo. I have a ninebot segway s1. Wow it is incredible. Tested in the hallway. I will be commuting to work today with my modified firmware, really curious about the performance.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Just thought I'd chime in as well to say that I went for this today. 6km/h speed boost on the Ninebot S2 (24km/h -> 30km/h) is not insignificant! Cheers for your work on this, @MRN76.

Edited by Knifa

@Knifa, just to make sure, you understand that the reserve torque needed to balance the wheel and to mitigate potholes etc. decreases with increasing speed linearly right down to zero? If you don't, it can well be a lifesaver (or at least health preserver) to learn more about this before to continue riding with increased the max speed setting. That is what I would urgently recommended in this case.

1 hour ago, Mono said:

@Knifa, just to make sure, you understand that the reserve torque needed to balance the wheel and to mitigate potholes etc. decreases with increasing speed linearly right down to zero? If you don't, it can well be a lifesaver (or at least health preserver) to learn more about this before to continue riding with increased the max speed setting. That is what I would urgently recommended in this case.

This thread is pretty difficult to grok --- do you have a summary of what the general advice is? Avoid riding at max. speeds?

I'm fairly aware of the electric limitations of the wheel --- I'm mostly in it so it stops beeping at me constantly at decent cruising speeds. :) 

Edited by Knifa

1 hour ago, Knifa said:

This thread is pretty difficult to grok --- do you have a summary of what the general advice is?

My advise would be to not increase the max speed unless you are very well aware of the consequences. If you don't understand what it means that the reserve torque decreases with increasing speed you most likely don't know what you are doing. It basically means that if you push on the pedal front it can't withstand the pressure anymore and gives in and that this becomes the more likely the larger the speed is. The speed limitation is not just in place because faster is more dangerous in general or because the wheel cannot go faster, but because the wheel can balance you less and less reliably the faster you go.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Mono said:

My advise would be to not increase the max speed unless you are very well aware of the consequences. If you don't understand what it means that the reserve torque decreases with increasing speed you most likely don't know what you are doing. It basically means that if you push on the pedal front it can't withstand the pressure anymore and gives in and that this becomes the more likely the larger the speed is. The speed limitation is not just in place because faster is more dangerous in general or because the wheel cannot go faster, but because the wheel can balance you less and less reliably the faster you go.

Sorry I kept misreading "reserve" as "reverse" so this and your previous post made no sense initially.

I see what you're getting at --- this was a fairly obvious risk I knew going into it so thanks for a heads-up on more information! Ninebot set the stock speeds for a reason but I figure that there is some double extra safety margin in there that can be played around with. :)

Edited by Knifa