Jump to content

Worth it?


ricqvo
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello guys, Ive sold my KS18L cause of good price I could sold it for...
So now I am thinking about new EUC for my everyday commuting.
Today is 11.11. china discounts day...
I can buy:

18L - 1275USD

V10F - 1150USD

16S - 1020USD

V8 - 720USD

14D - 700USD

V5F - 610USD

 

Wich one should I get? I want it just for 8km + 8km back everyday commute... Ive ridden only 18L, so i have no idea how are those cheaper wheels good or not...
Thanks guys, happy 'being single' day!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd rule out the V5F purely on range, unless your happy to charge at work. The V5F has real life usage of 10-15 miles at optimal operating conditions. Great wheel I believe but the V8 would give you a more comfortable buffer (and a little extra power). Just my 2 cents. :efefd8a002: Good luck on your final choice! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Go for the V10F - 1150USD, if you can get it for that price.  

Check that that is not the price for the V10, sometimes it says V10F, but when yo go to the item that is for the V10 and you have to select the V10F to see the price.

Edited by FreeRide
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, ricqvo said:

Hello guys, Ive sold my KS18L cause of good price I could sold it for...
So now I am thinking about new EUC for my everyday commuting.
Today is 11.11. china discounts day...
I can buy:

18L - 1275USD

V10F - 1150USD

16S - 1020USD

V8 - 720USD

14D - 700USD

V5F - 610USD

 

Wich one should I get? I want it just for 8km + 8km back everyday commute... Ive ridden only 18L, so i have no idea how are those cheaper wheels good or not...
Thanks guys, happy 'being single' day!

Are you kidding? :-)

you have sold your 18L and want to make a step back? cause ALL the wheels you mentioned are just a step back...battery size wise, technic wise...and so on?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ricqvo said:

18L - 1275USD

V5F - 610USD

V5F is now only 300 EUR on Gearbest (customs duty not included)
If you sold the 18L for more and you can buy a new one cheaper now, it is a very good play, well done ;) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Jean Dublin said:

V5F is now only 300 EUR on Gearbest (customs duty not included)
If you sold the 18L for more and you can buy a new one cheaper now, it is a very good play, well done ;) 

I ordered that V5F from gearbest... Really nice deal!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, US69 said:

you have sold your 18L and want to make a step back? cause ALL the wheels you mentioned are just a step back...battery size wise, technic wise...and so on?

That depends on the requirements. For example, I want a wheel that is light and small (body-wise). 20kg weight is essentially a deal breaker. From this requirement viewpoint, all of the listed wheels are a step forward compared to the 18L.

From the practical perspective of a non-toy transport device for the last "mile" or short commutes (and disregarding the fun factor for the sake of argument), the form factor, that is small size and yet a "large" wheel, is the single unique selling point of EUCs (compared to foldable e-bikes, e-scooters, e-skateboards...). This selling point is somewhat voided if the device weighs 20kg. Even for the fun factor and everything else being equal, lighter is better each and every time.

Edited by Mono
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mono said:

That depends on the requirements. For example, I want a wheel that is light and small (body-wise). 20kg weight is essentially a deal breaker. From this requirement viewpoint, all of the listed wheels are a step forward compared to the 18L.

From the practical perspective of a non-toy transport device for the last "mile" or short commutes (and disregarding the fun factor for the sake of argument), the form factor, that is small size and yet a "large" wheel, is the single unique selling point of EUCs (compared to foldable e-bikes, e-scooters, e-skateboards...). This selling point is somewhat voided if the device weighs 20kg. Even for the fun factor and everything else being equal, lighter is better each and every time.

Yeah, Thats all a matter of opinion.

I cant see the weight Arguments as contra Point on a commuting Wheel, as Long as this wheel has a nice and usefull trolley.

I for example use my Wheel all day on all Kind of Transports. Daily commuting, last mile, fun with the dog, short rides to Supermarket....The 20plus kg never ever have bothered me and i never pick up the Wheel other than Lifting it 3 stears up to my house.

I can understand the weight factor when you live in a arpartment above 2nd or 3rd Floor and have no Elevator :-) But that's fortunatly not the case for me

Unfortunatly, as Long as you want a real powerfull, fast wheel, you just need a lot of battery cells and a strong Motor. Both are heavy...Pretty much no way around that.

 

22 hours ago, ricqvo said:

I ordered that V5F from gearbest... Really nice deal!

oioioi...i am Pretty interested how you will like that! Especially as this is not the fastest Wheel on the planet!

Keep us updated :-)

8 hours ago, DanCar said:

Would be nice if I could by a KS-18L for 1275.  Any link?

I also would buy a half dozen for that Price :-)

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, US69 said:

I cant see the weight Arguments as contra Point on a commuting Wheel, as Long as this wheel has a nice and usefull trolley.

2 hours ago, US69 said:

I can understand the weight factor when you live in a arpartment above 2nd or 3rd Floor and have no Elevator :-) But that's fortunatly not the case for me

Yeah, it's not easy to put oneself into someone else's position, though it would be strange that you feel as free to move around with a 20kg suitcase to drag along than without. In the underground, nobody uses elevators unless they have to, just unnecessary waiting time. I tend to skip all elevators and use stairs if it's less than 6 floors. People may not work at the ground floor and not live at the ground floor and have friends that don't live at the ground floor...

Apart from that, I hate when my wheel hits me and it makes quite a difference being hit by 14kg or by 22kg. Even though this gets less and less frequent, unexpected dismounts are sometimes difficult to manage and wheel weight doesn't make it any easier.

2 hours ago, US69 said:

Unfortunatly, as Long as you want a real powerfull, fast wheel, you just need a lot of battery cells and a strong Motor. Both are heavy...Pretty much no way around that.

If I want something with a strong motor that goes fast --- I use a motorbike :P Even then, weight is an important factor, in particular (but not only) off road.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, DanCar said:

Would be nice if I could by a KS-18L for 1275.  Any link?

@US69
Rockwheel store had it at that exact price yesterday, not sure if by mistake or on purpose for the 11.11 China sale (the discount may be back for Black Friday, who knows).
Even if the picture is wrong... 5 people ordered it as per AliExpress, but not available anymore.
https://fr.aliexpress.com/store/product/KS-18s-1680WH-18L-Unicycle-European-version/1748730_32812580166.html?spm=a2g0w.12010608.0.0.52731b29tIIYmY

 

WhatsApp Image 2018-11-11 at 20.13.52.jpeg

Edited by Jean Dublin
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Jean Dublin said:

@US69
Rockwheel store had it at that exact price yesterday, not sure if by mistake or on purpose for the 11.11 China sale (the discount may be back for Black Friday, who knows).
Even if the picture is wrong... 5 people ordered it as per AliExpress, but not available anymore.
https://fr.aliexpress.com/store/product/KS-18s-1680WH-18L-Unicycle-European-version/1748730_32812580166.html?spm=a2g0w.12010608.0.0.52731b29tIIYmY

 

WhatsApp Image 2018-11-11 at 20.13.52.jpeg

Yip, and when i call it up now, it annouces prices from 1500-1680dollar....but as you said none of the wheels is available anymore.

So yes, perhaps it was a 11.11. offer...but i can say that a price of 1275 bucks normally is not possible....not even for ali sellers....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, US69 said:

.but i can say that a price of 1275 bucks normally is not possible....not even for ali sellers....

That is what I thought too, as it looked like a mistake. I asked the seller (as I've regular contact) and they told me that yes, it was the 18L. :blink:
However, it may be a language miscommunication I had :P 

Edited by Jean Dublin
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...