Where to buy new 25cm pedals in Europe?

em1barns

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Jean Dublin said:

@eddiemoy do you think these can be oppened similarly to the original ones for the magnetic pedal upgrade? Thanks.

i've not gotten mine yet, but have seen them online shipped without grip tape.  there are 4 screws at the edges.  if not I'll just put it under the grip tape.  would probably be way too strong though. 

On 12/5/2018 at 9:47 PM, hal2000 said:

Just received mine from eunicycles.eu

SUPERB!

0D01F34A-B0CF-477C-A7CD-ABDC1E17DDCB.jpeg

9F05AE78-2F96-4116-8974-3A41FFC2F02E.jpeg

I hope you don't mind me asking. How big feet do you have?and your weight? 

I am about 75kg and this is kind of funny 25cm bare feet length. Or like 40-41ish EU or 8US shoe size.

I tend to stand with somewhere between all to half of my toe length out overthe front edge of the pedal.

So how is your feedback (feetback😉)after first ride tests? I hope you can shed some light if this is a worth while upgrade? And the money. Thanks in advance. Anyone with new large pedals feel free to chime in.

17 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Anyone with new large pedals feel free to chime in.

In the link below you'll find my impressions. In short - I'm impressed!

https://najednymkole.pl/en/jak-wymienic-pedaly-na-wieksze-w-monocyklu-king-song/

Well I just placed an order, we will see if I like them.

Plan B: Otherwise I guess I have to trade off them.

Thanks @Seba for your fast answer. At first I only read you mounting I info. 

37 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Thanks @Seba for your fast answer. At first I only read you mounting I info. 

They are definitely worth it.  They are not the same as the ones we tested in the prototype.  These are all metal construction.  Full grip tape on the entire surface.  Allows you to command more out of the wheel.  Now I can do idling on the 18L consistently unlike before it resisted or was difficult to change direction from front to back.

10 hours ago, Unventor said:

I bet you'll love it. They are superior in every aspect to the old ones and the build quality is superb. @Jason McNeil, thank you that you have been so stubborn and won this improvement with King Song :) 

On 12/7/2018 at 9:09 PM, Unventor said:

I hope you don't mind me asking. How big feet do you have?and your weight? 

I am about 75kg and this is kind of funny 25cm bare feet length. Or like 40-41ish EU or 8US shoe size.

I tend to stand with somewhere between all to half of my toe length out overthe front edge of the pedal.

So how is your feedback (feetback😉)after first ride tests? I hope you can shed some light if this is a worth while upgrade? And the money. Thanks in advance. Anyone with new large pedals feel free to chime in.

Sorry for the delay in answering your questions. Been away busy at work.

I am EUR 45.5 (US 11). I'm about 100 kg.

My very brief (and to the point) review is:

They are way more comfortable (the bigger feet you have the more comfy, I think : ) 

The grip is far superior to the original ones.

The 'long ride sore feet' effect is almost gone.

There is this feeling of having more control over the wheel.

Only one 'but' -  due to increased length, the accelerate/brake response seems slower.  This actually results in a sort of smoother ride but when you want/need to push it, it requires more force and acrobatics than when riding on the shorter pedals

13 hours ago, hal2000 said:

Only one 'but' -  due to increased length, the accelerate/brake response seems slower.  This actually results in a sort of smoother ride but when you want/need to push it, it requires more force and acrobatics than when riding on the shorter pedals

Hmm, I have completely opposite feelings, but I have smaller feet (EU 41) and because of that I use shoes with rather flat and hard soles. Combined with large pedals it gives me much more leverage that before.

On 12/7/2018 at 4:41 PM, eddiemoy said:

Now I can do idling on the 18L consistently unlike before it resisted or was difficult to change direction from front to back.

That's your thing, huh? idling.:D

49 minutes ago, Lutalo said:

That's your thing, huh? idling.:D

It is just what I use to judge the responsiveness of the wheels.  If there is hesitation, then it is very difficult to do, since it requires a quick change in direction.  Good example is how much delay there is in the V10F even though it is supposed to be a 16" wheel.

3 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

It is just what I use to judge the responsiveness of the wheels.  If there is hesitation, then it is very difficult to do, since it requires a quick change in direction.  Good example is how much delay there is in the V10F even though it is supposed to be a 16" wheel.

You need to eat more.😉

The heavier wheel the more force is needed to change direction from front to reverse.

We need to set up a proper Danish cake/cookie table aka Fynsk kagebord. 😁

14 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

Its a good way to test responsiveness. 

22 minutes ago, Unventor said:

You need to eat more.😉

The heavier wheel the more force is needed to change direction from front to reverse.

We need to set up a proper Danish cake/cookie table aka Fynsk kagebord. 😁

I think the difference in wheel weight is too small a factor to consider when you are considering how heavy you are and how powerful these wheels are.  2000w nominal, probably double that at peak.  so change of direction should be able to command 4000w of power.  the 5-10lbs difference in the wheel isn't much when you add it up with your weight.

I would say bigger wheel diameter need bigger force on the pedal or better leverage, i.e. bigger pedal to exert the force to ask for more power.

5 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

I think the difference in wheel weight is too small a factor to consider when you are considering how heavy you are and how powerful these wheels are.  2000w nominal, probably double that at peak.  so change of direction should be able to command 4000w of power.  the 5-10lbs difference in the wheel isn't much when you add it up with your weight.

I would say bigger wheel diameter need bigger force on the pedal or better leverage, i.e. bigger pedal to exert the force to ask for more power.

I could be wrong about this but...

The weight you are changing while idling is more centered around the wheel  and not around the driver. So if you look at it as a pendulum the heavier a ball the more energy it takes to stop the movement and change direction. On top of that you have the centrifugal force you are changing too  on a bigger diameter and heavier rim. Plus more friction force too due to wider tire too. All added to to the sensation a more sluggy sensation doing idling.

2 minutes ago, Unventor said:

I could be wrong about this but...

The weight you are changing while idling is more centered around the wheel  and not around the driver. So if you look at it as a pendulum the heavier a ball the more energy it takes to stop the movement and change direction. On top of that you have the centrifugal force you are changing too  on a bigger diameter and heavier rim. Plus more friction force too due to wider tire too. All added to to the sensation a more sluggy sensation doing idling.

But you seem to discount the rider.  you can try this, get off and just try moving it by hand, change of direction is instant.  Now get on and hold a wall or fence, try again, much slower because now you added your mass to the wheel.  Can't just think of moving the wheel when you are on top of the wheel. 

Right but the size of the rider enables the ability to apply force. If the rider is better leveraged to apply more force against the wheels inertia characteristic of an 18" wheel  when idling that will impact how quickly it can change direction.

The wheel power represents the ability to overcome inertia to change direction. There are more variables than just the naked physics of a pendulum swing

2 minutes ago, Lutalo said:

Right but the size of the rider enables the ability to apply force. The wheel power represents the ability to overcome momentum and change direction. There are more variables than just the naked physics of a pendulum swing

yes firmware is another factor and the motor is another as well.  since they are using the same motor and the bigger the wheel the further away the rotational force is from the tire the harder it is to rotate the wheel.  i really want someone to make a motor that is sized for the 18".  then we would have a wheel that is just as responsive as a 14".  that would be an AMAZING wheel!

2 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

yes firmware is another factor and the motor is another as well.  since they are using the same motor and the bigger the wheel the further away the rotational force is from the tire the harder it is to rotate the wheel.  i really want someone to make a motor that is sized for the 18".  then we would have a wheel that is just as responsive as a 14".  that would be an AMAZING wheel!

Indeed, I wish they would do this as well.  I have an 18XL on its way. I was just trying to imagine what it would take to get me to sell it and upgrade it, because for me the XL is the cream at the top. A motor upgrade; not necessarily in power, bit design and delivery would be the one that makes me sell my XL immediately.

For now, It's cheaper though to just interchange components using the same basic parts. So until the small manufacturers have more R&D funds at their disposal we get an 18L that uses the same motor casing as a 14D, 16S, etc. 

37 minutes ago, Lutalo said:

Indeed, I wish they would do this as well.  I have an 18XL on its way. I was just trying to imagine what it would take to get me to sell it and upgrade it, because for me the XL is the cream at the top. A motor upgrade; not necessarily in power, bit design and delivery would be the one that makes me sell my XL immediately.

For now, It's cheaper though to just interchange components using the same basic parts. So until the small manufacturers have more R&D funds at their disposal we get an 18L that uses the same motor casing as a 14D, 16S, etc. 

Only issue i see is with a bigger motor, you get a slower wheel.  higher torque, lower speed.  unless you up the voltage.

7 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

Only issue i see is with a bigger motor, you get a slower wheel.  higher torque, lower speed.  unless you up the voltage.

It's a fair trade-off. And, as you said, you can always turn-up the power. Who will argue with more power. :)

no way to get large pedals shipped to Italy by Ewheels.......:rolleyes:

Any other solutions at max $99 better if shipping  included ??? 

:confused1:

24 minutes ago, zugu said:

no way to get large pedals shipped to Italy by Ewheels.......:rolleyes:

Any other solutions at max $99 better if shipping  included ??? 

most EU stores are sold out!

I know speedyfeet have a 2-3 week pre order (all being well)

Personally I’d order from ewheels and just bite the $48 shipping fee (ouch) because the pedals are THAT good

F2C9A742-1527-4C69-9926-6EBA7B965AFD.thumb.jpeg.edcb731449f7de41ae5429fe0babdb2e.jpeg

I sure did 😉

1 hour ago, Siggy said:

most EU stores are sold out!

I know speedyfeet have a 2-3 week pre order (all being well)

Personally I’d order from ewheels and just bite the $48 shipping fee (ouch) because the pedals are THAT good

F2C9A742-1527-4C69-9926-6EBA7B965AFD.thumb.jpeg.edcb731449f7de41ae5429fe0babdb2e.jpeg

I sure did 😉

another happy customer, seems like game changer is the right term. 

you spray painted your wheel red???  Looks good!

2 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

another happy customer, seems like game changer is the right term. 

you spray painted your wheel red???  Looks good!

It's tight. Got me thinking. I got a white XL due to arrive on Tuesday. @Siggy you already know how I feel about red :D

Archived