When One EUC Isn't Enough...

adampj

Hi Guys,

So here's my dilemma... I've recently purchased the Inmotion V10, found a great deal on Gearbest that actually left me with some money left over from my budget. (Wahooo!) Now... the V10 is a big machine (at least on the larger side of EUC's) and weighs around 20.5kg (admittedly, it comes with a handle so has alternative manoeuvrability). I will do a majority of my riding in a small town day-to-day for short rides, and will take it out to parks, reserves etc for the longer trips out. It's likely to be an 80%/20% split I suspect.

I have just spotted a time-limited deal for a new Inmotion V5F for a staggering £269 ($350) delivered(!). Cheapest I've ever spotted it. It was my original choice prior to finding the deal on the V10 I eventually went with. Do many people here have/use multiple EUC’s for different occasions?

With the V10 on order, and due to be delivered to me in December at some stage, am I just hooked to buying EUC’s or do you think there is a valid case for having a larger and a smaller unit? I'm thinking maneuverability, stopping speed etc particularly for the inner town rides (I’ve ruled out the V8 purely because deals aren’t as great value right now on this unit. V5F and V10 have some cracking deals going as we speak!)

Interested to hear your thoughts! :roflmao:

I think you're not the only one.

Personally, I don't use my IPS LHOTZ much, maybe every 2-3 months, but just for short rides where I may go into a shop or something, as it is lighter and there is no need to trolley around.

That definitely is a great deal, you may as well share the link ;), unless there is only 1pc left and you want it.

I would say that someone with a Gotway Monster (22") may definitely want a smaller wheel easier to carry around, unless they only use it for long rides and don't need to enter shops and so on...

You are just hooked on buying EUCs and the deals out there aren't making things easier. :P

A lot of people here have several EUCs. There are plenty of good deals out now on Gearbest and Aliexpress.

The opportunity makes the thief!
My advice is to wait until you have used the V10 a bit.
Deals will come and go.

If you have money to burn then that's another issue... in that case make sure you have fulfilled your other needs like protection equipment.

Best Regards
A voice of sanity

13 hours ago, Jean Dublin said:

@adampj
I see that V5F is on GearBest. It comes from their Chinese warehouse.
It doesn't say Duty/Tax included on the description, so you may end up paying extra in customs if you order it.

Hi @Jean Dublin - yes a Gearbest offer, I received it via an email only deal. I think @Mike Sacristan has made several good points here, deals come and go, the power of marketing :P and a reminder on the protection front. To that end I have thought twice about it and have invested a bit of cash in additional protective gear as suggested. Body armour on route! Thanks to all for the input... Sometimes you gotta ask for other perspectives! Thanks guys.

@Jean Dublin RE Import duties... There's mixed views on how Gearbest (and other Chinese stores) ship items in such a way as to loophole via the Netherlands and avoid some/all additional fees. I'm not holding my breath to be honest, however I will update you when my V10 arrives. We shall see! 

So today is 11/11 meaning tons of deals on Aliexpress.
Prices on Gotway wheels are lower than they have been for a while and even Ninebot Z can be found for like €1300.
I ordered a MSX last week at a nice low prices and even got a further reduction with a coupon.

Today though... i've been surfing around thinking.. hmm... I wonder if I need a Z10.
I wonder if I need a MCM5.

And so on and son. Life problems.

Archived