Shipping question

tcadaniel

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am posting this because I to share the irony and humor in my long wait for the KS 800w that may happen this week. Background on purchase: I ordered my EUC on 8/19/15 and then there was a series of overseas shipping issues with China. I almost gave up after 26 days, decided to hang in there and wait. Apparently my EUC is supposed to be delivered sometime late this week. Here is where it gets "funny"... the pope is visiting my area (NY, NJ, Philadelphia) at the same time my shipment is supposed to be delivered and...can...you...guess...what is going to happen? His visit will cause....DELAYS in various local areas and FedEx will be affected! Yay me! I waited this long and may wait even longer! But I am going to laugh, because that little irony at the end (?) of all the delays just makes me have to laugh. It's just a weird irony, nobody fault or anything. If I survive this, I think I can actually say "I have learned to be a patient man."  :-)

I am posting this because I to share the irony and humor in my long wait for the KS 800w that may happen this week. Background on purchase: I ordered my EUC on 8/19/15 and then there was a series of overseas shipping issues with China. I almost gave up after 26 days, decided to hang in there and wait. Apparently my EUC is supposed to be delivered sometime late this week. Here is where it gets "funny"... the pope is visiting my area (NY, NJ, Philadelphia) at the same time my shipment is supposed to be delivered and...can...you...guess...what is going to happen? His visit will cause....DELAYS in various local areas and FedEx will be affected! Yay me! I waited this long and may wait even longer! But I am going to laugh, because that little irony at the end (?) of all the delays just makes me have to laugh. It's just a weird irony, nobody fault or anything. If I survive this, I think I can actually say "I have learned to be a patient man."  :-)

Maybe the Pope can drop it off when he cruises past on his motorcade!  Now that would would boost attendance at mass.  He could be the coolest Pope ever!

How long have you waited now. ?

I ordered it on 8/22.  They claimed it was in stock and would be delivered via EMS express in 7-10 days.  It currently sits in Japan with FedEx.  No delivery date is listed.......

Maybe the Pope can drop it off when he cruises past on his motorcade!  Now that would would boost attendance at mass.  He could be the coolest Pope ever!

I ordered it on 8/22.  They claimed it was in stock and would be delivered via EMS express in 7-10 days.  It currently sits in Japan with FedEx.  No delivery date is listed.......

Maybe the pope will borrow it and ride through on the wheel, thus making it acceptable transportation throughout the entire world! Lol.

Apparently, there was an 'explosion' and fire at a Beijing Airport that was linked to a faulty battery on those 2-wheeled balance boards, so this has had knock on effects on the export of any transport device with a battery, so this is something to consider if you're experiencing a delay from China.

Update:  I finally received my wheel yesterday from electricunicycleonline.  It went from Malaysia to Japan to Alaska to Indianapolis to Pennsylvania.  It arrived working and no issues.  I'm not sure how I feel about the whole issue.  I think if the company would be more forthright about shipping times it would really help.  They should hire a US based CS representative to help deal with theses issues. 

Most people forget that due to the battery size on the upper ranges of EU when it is shipped it means just that.  It has to be delivered by cargo ship and not put onto an airplane.  Hence why it take roughly a month to get to you.  Even longer if you are half the world away.

Here is an update on mine.  Today I checked the FedEx tracking number I was given.  Just like I've done everyday.  Well today FedEx finally recognized it.  They don't say it i on the way, it now says the label ha been printed!!  Does this mean it has taken them this long to print a label or does it mean it finally in the states?

Well my son sent me a pic of the box that was delivered.  Boy this bites, wheel is finally here and I'm working for two days I'm south east Kansas!  Almost four hours from home,  still thinking about making a night run.  If I was thirty years younger, I wouldn't be thinking about it, just doing it.

Well my son sent me a pic of the box that was delivered.  Boy this bites, wheel is finally here and I'm working for two days I'm south east Kansas!  Almost four hours from home,  still thinking about making a night run.  If I was thirty years younger, I wouldn't be thinking about it, just doing it.

I think I'm as eager as you are for you to get your EUC at this point! I'd wait until you have a clear run to practise because the first day can be pretty frustrating!

Ok, I guess this is what I would call day one.  Opened box, put wheel on charger, and now going to bed.  Late night sleepy thoughts:  it's not a very good knockoff of a Ninebot. Of course I have never seen a 9bot.. but I would expect more.  No real directions... Without opening it up how am I going to be able to tell what motor and battery it has? I could have gotten a great deal, or I could have been &$£¢[ without a kiss.   I turned it on shortly, it talked! Got me thinking again " no directions"  how do I get Bluetooth going?  Does this thing have cool info sharing blue tooth or just a cheap speaker to play music from my phone. It does have a little white remote like the one for my truck.  Did I mention, there are no real directions?

Wow,  I was really wanting a lot of hits on my last post.  Should I start a new string and call it   "Help!"  I'm going to start by contacting Vicky and let her know that yes there is documentation but I need to know more than how to turn it on, not ride in the rain and watch for bumps in the road.  There is a sticker on it that reads 210wh.  But I'm not sure I believe it.  I but the safety wheels on and practiced back and forth.  There are two of us. My 26 year old son is getting into it as well.  Sorry making this a long story. After letting it charge all night, it only ran for half an hour before showing one bar.  Is this normal?   

I have been reading here and know not to expect much.....that said I'm feeling we need to take off the training wheel already.  We are going back and forth, back and forth,  and turning around and doing it again.  I'm feeling we are already relying on the little wheels to much.  

Wow,  I was really wanting a lot of hits on my last post.  Should I start a new string and call it   "Help!"  I'm going to start by contacting Vicky and let her know that yes there is documentation but I need to know more than how to turn it on, not ride in the rain and watch for bumps in the road.  There is a sticker on it that reads 210wh.  But I'm not sure I believe it.  I but the safety wheels on and practiced back and forth.  There are two of us. My 26 year old son is getting into it as well.  Sorry making this a long story. After letting it charge all night, it only ran for half an hour before showing one bar.  Is this normal?   

I have been reading here and know not to expect much.....that said I'm feeling we need to take off the training wheel already.  We are going back and forth, back and forth,  and turning around and doing it again.  I'm feeling we are already relying on the little wheels to much.  

I wouldn't worry too much about the missing instructions, you would be surprised at how useless they are (if they are even in English) because the basic operation is easy to understand.

If this is your model (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/One-Wheel-Smart-Self-Balance-Electric-Unicycle-Scooter-Airboard-Rapid-Wheel-LED-/301747630118?var=&hash=item46418f7026) then most instructions are in that listing. The bluetooth is just for music (no app) and this model comes with a range of battery sizes, so 210wh is possible (simply open it up to verify), but it takes a few full charge and discharge cycles to get the full capacity (I noticed a big improvement in my battery life after a few weeks). Make sure the tyre is inflated too this makes a massive difference.

I'd recommend taking the training wheels off as soon as you can, I found having anything to help me balance is a false help because riding the wheel without any balancing aid is completely different so you'd end up having to learn it again at some point anyway.

I wouldn't worry too much about the missing instructions, you would be surprised at how useless they are (if they are even in English) because the basic operation is easy to understand.

If this is your model (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/One-Wheel-Smart-Self-Balance-Electric-Unicycle-Scooter-Airboard-Rapid-Wheel-LED-/301747630118?var=&hash=item46418f7026) then most instructions are in that listing. The bluetooth is just for music (no app) and this model comes with a range of battery sizes, so 210wh is possible (simply open it up to verify), but it takes a few full charge and discharge cycles to get the full capacity (I noticed a big improvement in my battery life after a few weeks). Make sure the tyre is inflated too this makes a massive difference.

I'd recommend taking the training wheels off as soon as you can, I found having anything to help me balance is a false help because riding the wheel without any balancing aid is completely different so you'd end up having to learn it again at some point anyway.

his euc is this http://victec.en.alibaba.com/product/60320823190-800831664/16_inch_smart_unicycle_self_balancing_electric_scooter_with_bluetooth_wth_led.html

Berus is right.  I don't know yet if I will be able to do anything more than hear music.  esaj sent me a PM, with simple instructions.  At what point I went DAH! I should have thought of that. So now I've played a little Jimmy Buffet thru it.  The link Berus posted says "Ninedroid App, smart travel"  so I'm looking for it to do more than just play music.  Vicky said she will contact me tomorrow she is on Holiday today.  

Well time to go practice out front of the house.  Training wheels off, cold weather.  

This is a shipping string, and I haven't mentioned the shipping question.  It took 20 days from order to front door.  I have ordered different things from China, and can say for me it isn't good or bad.  Maybe average.  I'm enjoying the wheel and feel it was worth the wait. The trouble I'm having with Vic is getting information.  Vic has responded back in Alibaba chat, and said she was on Holiday, and would get back with me soon.   I believe in Holidays, she has a job, and there fore should get her brakes.  That doesn't keep me from chomping at the bit waiting.    With help from this forum I have gotten the blue-tooth speakers working.  But the site for the wheel says it works with the 9bot app.  I've down loaded the App (twice) and it doesn't see the wheel.  The more I ride the steadier I get.  Bumps that used to stop me dead isn't much anymore.  The battery seems to be lasting longer.  I've been using the fender of a pickup truck to start, but have been trying to self start.  I'm able to self start(sometimes)  I've been keeping track.  I've at 11.  Eleven self starts.  I'm going to keep counting until I loose track, figuring by then I'll have it down.  

Archived