Ninebot C+ max speed

jpiat

Hi,

i purchased my first EUC, a ninebotC+. I received it a week ago and i already feel that the speed limit is going to be an issue. While the spec says 20km/h max it seems that the tilt-back happens between 18km/h and 20km/h. When zipping through town its not an issue but when you have a 8km trip with long straight lines on a flat bike path it seems to me than doing 20-24km/h could be possible. Looking at the spec, the motor is only 50w less than the E+ and the battery is smaller, but since some people manage to achieve ~30km/h on a E+  with a hacked firmware, i wonder if anybody tried the firmware mod to turn a C+ into a E+ (firmware wise) ? If so, what speed can be achieved ?

Thanks

17 minutes ago, jpiat said:

Hi,

i purchased my first EUC, a ninebotC+. I received it a week ago and i already feel that the speed limit is going to be an issue. While the spec says 20km/h max it seems that the tilt-back happens between 18km/h and 20km/h. When zipping through town its not an issue but when you have a 8km trip with long straight lines on a flat bike path it seems to me than doing 20-24km/h could be possible. Looking at the spec, the motor is only 50w less than the E+ and the battery is smaller, but since some people manage to achieve ~30km/h on a E+  with a hacked firmware, i wonder if anybody tried the firmware mod to turn a C+ into a E+ (firmware wise) ? If so, what speed can be achieved ?

Thanks

use it as a learning wheel, don't mess with the hacked firmware unless you are looking for a faceplant.  start saving and do your research into getting a faster wheel.

Thanks for the advice, but this does not answer my question. If i had the money for a better wheel i would have gone straight for a better/faster wheel instead of the C+. I'am not asking 30km/h i would be fine with 22km/h. I think that the limitation that Ninebot push on their model is mainly firmware related to justify for the price difference. The E+ has a 10% increase of motor power, 100wh increase of battery capacity but is 200-300€ more expensive than a C+. I believe that Ninebot puts the speed limitation mainly to justify for the cost difference since the spec difference is not that large.

3 minutes ago, jpiat said:

I believe that Ninebot puts the speed limitation mainly to justify for the cost difference since the spec difference is not that large

Imo not. Even with the bigger batteries and the original speed limit there were enough videos and reports of overleans/?cut-outs" while "normal" driving with the e+.

If the hack works with the c+ you'd best ask the author (in his topic) - he could know.

2 hours ago, jpiat said:

Thanks for the advice, but this does not answer my question. If i had the money for a better wheel i would have gone straight for a better/faster wheel instead of the C+. I'am not asking 30km/h i would be fine with 22km/h. I think that the limitation that Ninebot push on their model is mainly firmware related to justify for the price difference. The E+ has a 10% increase of motor power, 100wh increase of battery capacity but is 200-300€ more expensive than a C+. I believe that Ninebot puts the speed limitation mainly to justify for the cost difference since the spec difference is not that large.

No, with EUC there is a fine line between pushing the boundaries of what the motor and battery is safely able to give you taking into account when you hit bumps or anything requiring the wheel to demand more power.  With no reserve or safety.  The fact you are not hitting the top speed might have to do with the voltage the battery is showing to the controller.  Could be old battery or sitting around for a long time. 

Archived