V8 or V10?

KevinvdV

So gearbest is selling both models for the same price at the moment (in fact, V10 is cheaper).

Logically thinking I would go for the V10, but now I read that there often problems with the V10. Adding that the v10 is significantly heavier I might buy the V8 instead, even though the price of the V10 is very attractive now. 

What are your opinions between those 2 models? 

23 minutes ago, KevinvdV said:

So gearbest is selling both models for the same price at the moment (in fact, V10 is cheaper).

Logically thinking I would go for the V10, but now I read that there often problems with the V10. Adding that the v10 is significantly heavier I might buy the V8 instead, even though the price of the V10 is very attractive now. 

What are your opinions between those 2 models? 

Definitly go for the V10! It has bigger battery, more power, more Speed. And for 700Euro it is no Question at all :-) (While i dont know taxes)

• Upvote 1

Unfortunately the deal is not available in the U.S.  For our European friends it is a no brainer, tons of people should be ordering the V10.  An excellent deal on an excellent unicycle, assuming they have fixed the fire hazard.

Edited by DanCar
  • Upvote 1

On 11/7/2018 at 11:23 AM, US69 said:

Definitly go for the V10! It has bigger battery, more power, more Speed. And for 700Euro it is no Question at all :-) (While i dont know taxes)

V10 for $799 or the V10F for $1400 no customs tax, which would be your choice? Is the bigger battery worth it?

I have already ordered the V10F and I'm expecting it next week.

Edited by Edddeus

41 minutes ago, Edddeus said:

V10 for $799 or the V10F for $1400 no customs tax, which would be your choice? Is the bigger battery worth it?

I have already ordered the V10F and am expecting it next week.

My personal view is the then V10...as that bit of battery difference in my view is not worth that much of Money.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Edddeus said:

I have already ordered the V10F and am expecting it next week.

SpeedyFeet is doing a series of videos comparing the V10 and V10F, but that won't help you now.  Still while the price difference is not really justified by the additional cost of the larger battery, from a practical usability view it would be worth it for many people. SF has only released the first video, and it has a surprising conclusion, the others might prove to be interesting as well.  But now you have it (or will have it) so enjoy it.  I want one just because ... but I'm holding out right now as I have several other projects on the go.

• Like 1

SpeedyFeet's comparison is really bizarre. They claim the V10F is slower than the V10. Supposedly they are the same weight, just one has more power, so something's not checking out there.. also I find their reviews really lacking TBH. They are pretty entertaining nonetheless. 

• Like 1

@FreeRide and @Glitched, I couldn't resist missing out on such a good deal. Even though I am expecting My V10F hopefully sometime next week, I have now placed an order for the V10, after watching Speedyfeet review, it seems like a real bargain! I hope it won't be a scam! ?

Edited by Edddeus

17 hours ago, Chriull said:

Maybe there comes some new information if 

is answered?

All (new) V10(F) seem to be with the battery case and sealing, so no fire danger or other water issues. At least if the Gearbest stock does, all other stock will too.

V10 is is then. Not worth paying almost double for a V10F. 800 is a great deal.

Source: here

@KevinvdV :efee47c9c8:

Edited by meepmeepmayer

1 hour ago, Topkek said:

Won’t the saving to the eu be nullified by the customs duty?

These China shops all have all customs etc. included in the price (says so on the websites). I believe they have a scheme going where they import via the Netherlands and don't have to pay duties or something like this.

32 minutes ago, Topkek said:

I noticed this but only a few shops state this and they’re all on aliexpress, gearbest doesn’t specifically state it.

Maybe i am totally messing things up, but maybe @jojo33 mentioned once european warehouses from gearbest by which toll is included in the price?

23 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

It's confirmed they sell the waterproofed V10! See here:

700€/600GBP for a V10 is amazing!

Daaamn cant find the cheap price any more, yesterday it was still having some deposit deal that brought it down but now its gone. Regional thing or did I miss it??

Shows the normal price on Gearbest for me (11.11. 10am CET/MEZ). Maybe there was a limited number, with the cheap V5F there seems to be (still lower price, but that is a different, longer running deal)? Sorry for you, this would really have been a great wheel for an incredible price:efeeab781c:

@jojo33 Is it over?

31 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Shows the normal price on Gearbest for me (11.11. 10am CET/MEZ). Maybe there was a limited number, with the cheap V5F there seems to be (still lower price, but that is a different, longer running deal)? Sorry for you, this would really have been a great wheel for an incredible price:efeeab781c:

@jojo33 Is it over?

The deal is over for the V10, for now. Those of us who placed the $10 deposit before 11.11 have up to 2 days to pay the remaining balance of $789. 

Edited by Edddeus
  • Upvote 2