Southern California Ride To Queen Mary - Sun 11Nov2018

Marty Backe

Jericho is in town (visiting from San Francisco) for awhile so I'm hosting a river-loop ride, approximately 45-miles. A typical 1600wh or above wheel can make this ride, although I've completed it on my 1300wh ACM. You know your wheel.

We will depart Downey at ~8:00am, travel south on the Rio Hondo river to Long Beach, explore the Queen Mary area, travel to Seal Beach, and then return via the San Gabriel River. On the return leg we'll do some extended riding at the bottom of the San Gabriel river. There is also the option of taking the north river loop, visiting the Santa Fe Dam. That's a 50+ mile ride. We can decide Sunday morning.

Screenshot_20180215-223502

We will meet at the Stonewood Mall parking lot, near Sears. Here is the exact spot: https://goo.gl/maps/S8bJC3aKqaB2

Expect to be on the road 4 to 5 hours.

@nbxpq3 @Sketch @Roll Model @enigma35 @csmyers @noisycarlos @Questor @swvision  @Ando Melkonyan @captainwells @Tjtripp @Sven @unowheel

@Mushuukyou @YoshiSkySun @NBC44 @Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer" @Stan Onymous @Alsayyad @Marvin Ong  @HeavyGoing  @Kimosabi @zentype 

@serfy @n2eus @Williepimpin @Peter Q @Jon Sawa @Mike Hanna @maltocs @1Wheeler

@Alsayyad @who_the @Marvin Ong  @HeavyGoing  @Kimosabi @zentype @n2eus @Peter Q  @ndmcc  @Mike Hanna @Klin @MikeV @Rama Douglas @Nick McCutcheon @Mimir @Gizmo Dork @Chairman S @Shawn Johnson @Heyzeus @JomMas @tihoa  @Tanabe @roghaj @downtown @Yunicyle @Terenig  @Flying W @Heyzeus @NightRider @3euc @Unosolo @Josh Morgan

Thanks again for the invite! I'll be in Washington DC playing sitar on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial for a cool festival. You can tune in to the livestream at 11am PST for the global meditation segment I'll be playing in if you like...http://www.disclosurefest.org/live

Here's the flyer...

Spoiler

DFEST_Washington_City_paper_half_page_10-18-18.jpg

4 hours ago, DTFans said:

Hey, you guys okay for a electric scooter to join in the fun? 

Leeeetsss gooooow!
Lol! and never done such long ride before. But I wanna exploe that area.
I'm bringing an msx

4 hours ago, DTFans said:

Hey, you guys okay for a electric scooter to join in the fun? 

Absolutely. All electric vehicles welcome. This ride is nothing but paved paths.

58 minutes ago, Tanabe said:

Leeeetsss gooooow!
Lol! and never done such long ride before. But I wanna exploe that area.
I'm bringing an msx

Looks like there will be at least 3 MSX's then :thumbup:

We had a great 51-mile, 6-hour long ride, including a stop at Hooters for some refreshments. Pictures and video at 11 :D

• 3 weeks later...

Archived