New Gotway Mten3 / Onewheel Hybrid

9 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Meep, certainly you've just seen the updated video just posted by @houseofjob

No, I missed that. Too many notifications...

WTF is the point of that?:confused1:

Impressive miniaturization of the electronics, but I guesss they just got them from somewhere else (hovershoes). But how many Wh does that thing have? 10? This isn't mten3 level...

Looks nice, though, and you'll buy one so we'll see how it is;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Pure fun has its uses

yea but its probably mediocre in speed, battery life, maneuverability.. like anything it does theres already something that does it much better, unless its super cheap i cant see it being a good purchase at all

7 hours ago, Rywokast said:

looks useless lol

Many different people out there in the world. Not all are about speed. This might be a stepping or spring board towards pulling in customer to "real" EUCs. 

Now hold on to you hat here @Marty Backe, I like when a manufacturer bring new odd product forward. Good job to Gotway. Now I don't see myself buy this but that does not mean others won't. It looks simple enough to control and at speed that makes this safe to use for eg. airport staff going for one terminal to another, or in a large factory/storage compound. 

@Rywokast I guess it is just my old job in sales that makes me see possibilities rather than limitations. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Alex Gruzglin said:

"Hello friends, we are at Gotway factory, and I want to introuduce this new wheel. This is an absolutely new model, and we are the first ones to test it. It looks very much like OneWheel just that the wheel is not parallel but perpendicular to the platform, and its very wide. Lets try to ride it. Basically its very easy to ride, we put the foot on one platform, wait for the beep, then place the other foot on the platform, and off we go. Amazing feeling. Music."

On 1/21/2019 at 5:51 PM, Marty Backe said:

I don't know what he's saying and I'm not getting any YouTube options for auto-translate. But this video look at the wheels seems better than that other one we say a while back.

The title also states that this is a wheel for the beginners. Maybe. I guess that the biggest problem of this wheel is "low pedals" exaggerated by their size - which means that tight turns, higher speed turns, off-road and riding in narrow spaces - are all quite dangerous on this wheel. Might be good for beach rides, if it is waterproofed. If I had to chose between this one and OneWheel - I'd probably go with the latter.

Edited by trya
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

If this is intended as a learning wheel, it might have the opposite effect.

• People think it's useless or just a novelty toy because it's slow, has very low range, can only do wide turns, and might not be very fun to ride due to all its limitations (like "pedal" scraping and general impracticality of the form factor).
  • People might think it's unsafe if that tiny battery is going to make the wheel give up on high stresses and slip away from under the rider's feet like all those cheapo hoverboards.

Hopefully people don't try this wheel and conclude EUCs are useless toys and dangerous:efeeab781c:

I don't see the point of this wheel (barely a wheel), but I haven't tried it either, so who knows. But they would have been better off to develop this into a Onewheel clone imho.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• 1 year later...
On 1/22/2019 at 9:12 AM, Alex Gruzglin said:

"Hello friends, we are at Gotway factory, and I want to introuduce this new wheel. This is an absolutely new model, and we are the first ones to test it. It looks very much like OneWheel just that the wheel is not parallel but perpendicular to the platform, and its very wide. Lets try to ride it. Basically its very easy to ride, we put the foot on one platform, wait for the beep, then place the other foot on the platform, and off we go. Amazing feeling. Music."

Any update???