New Unicycle Brand? Lenovo Ivanti C1

Blitzwheelz

56 minutes ago, Blitzwheelz said:

Just saw this over a china online selling website, it looks like its well build but just lack power. what do you think?

I kinda feel sorry for Solowheel. They needed Inmotion for US market and now Lenovo for China market. :facepalm:

I thought Lenovo was connected with IBM as a source for laptops and printers?  :blink:  Interesting.  Maybe for a short in-airport commuting device with low enough wattage to be allowed on planes, this might fit the bill for some folks.  Not everyone needs a full out 1600 wh 16” tire beast of a wheel 100% of the time.  I could see this appealing to kids too who get tired walking long distances with mom and dad.  Or even to Eddie to scoot through Home Depot stealthily.  :whistling:

5 hours ago, mrelwood said:

84W output power. That’s indeed a hair less we are used to by now.

AFAICS, 84W is the "output power" of the charger. The motor has 300W, AFAICS.

Very good find.
https://item.jd.com/8023428.html
The video on the description is funny.
There is two videos, both show children using it, but then there is pictures of young adults using it on the description.

281 EUR in China.
Performs similar to a 100 EUR "no brand" electric unicycle, but it's easier to learn to use.
Not much more advantage compared to a hoverboard, which are under 100 EUR in China.

Good for light order picking on a warehouse as well.
Or at huge factories, for people who need to move a lot around it.

On 11/4/2018 at 8:06 AM, z3n said:

I kinda feel sorry for Solowheel. They needed Inmotion for US market and now Lenovo for China market. :facepalm:

I would say there is some chance that they licensed the Solowheel Iota. Lenovo is a huge company with $400 billion income and $50 billion revenue this year and I doubt they would just reproduce a one-to-one copy of an existent product. The licensing fee is certainly peanuts for them.

12 hours ago, Jean Dublin said:

Not much more advantage compared to a hoverboard, which are under 100 EUR in China.

It has a much more compact form factor. I also think because the two wheels are fixed on the same axis it is less prone to falls due to driver mistakes.

23 hours ago, Mono said:

It has a much more compact form factor. I also think because the two wheels are fixed on the same axis it is less prone to falls due to driver mistakes.

Very good points, completely agree :) 

Archived