Ninebot One E+, InMotion V8, what's next?

Mono

I am still desperately waiting for a real upgrade in the light mixed commuter 16" category, in succession of the InMotion V8 from 2016 and the even older Ninebot One E+. The crucial part here is that weight and body width and size are relevant parameters in my books. I also wouldn't mind an 18" sized wheel, if weight and body size constraints could be met. That however seems hardly possible.

NBO   V8    DESPERATELY WANTED
Weight [kg]:       14.5  13.5   <=13.0 (including trolley handle, lights, kill switch)
Power [W]:         500   800    >=999
Battery [Wh]:      320   460    >=520 or swappable in <=10s
Tire diameter ["]:  16    16    >=16
Tire width:        2.125 2.125  >=2.3
Pedal length [mm]: 215   212    >=225
Pedal height [mm]:  ?    135    >=140
Body width [mm]:   175   148    <=150
Body height [mm]:  475   538    <=540
Body length [mm]:  453   460    <=470
Light ahead [m]:     0     3    >=10

The front light should really meet today's standards of bicycles and e-scooters. Comparing weight and battery size of the two devices, it's pretty ridiculous that my cell phone has about the same light power as my EUC.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/2/2018 at 8:25 PM, Mono said:

I am still desperately waiting for a real upgrade in the 16" category, in succession of the InMotion V8 from 2016 and the even older Ninebot One E+. The crucial part here is that weight and body width and size are relevant parameters in my books.

@Mono We are also considering rollout a V8 updated version. Maybe feature in more powerful motor and longer range with a bigger pedal.

11 hours ago, Liamfind said:

@Mono We are also considering rollout a V8 updated version. Maybe feature in more powerful motor and longer range with a bigger pedal.

Sounds interesting. Will you be able to keep the weight below 14kg?

Archived