Flexmeter alternatives

On 8/31/2019 at 4:09 PM, chrisjunlee said:

Wrists are important for a motorcycle racer - millions of dollars in prize money is at stake in their ability to fine tune control throttle, brake, etc, all through their hands.

Agreed. But you have just stated exactly why motorbike riders don't use wrist/palm protection similar to the Flexmeter - it would be impossible to ride in them.

On 8/31/2019 at 4:09 PM, chrisjunlee said:

What do they use for protection? Full gauntlet gloves. (aka, full coverage gloves that reinforce the wrist).

Because it's the best they can do for protection whilst still maintaining the dexterity you noted above. You couldn't even grip a handlebar wearing a Flexmeter, let alone use the clutch/brake with any precision.

I have 8 pairs of motorbike gloves in my loft from my biking days. Some gauntlet, some winter, some summer, all leather. I will keep wearing my Flexmeters on the EUC thanks.

And to suggest that a full coverage/gauntlet motorbike glove gives more wrist protection than a Flexmeter is quite simply laughable. Leather will always be more flexible than the Flexmeter - it has to be to accommodate the extent of throttle movement/bar grip required.

• Like 2