Espen R

Confirmed, KS-18XL larger pedal not included, an 80 euro/91$ extra!!??? Solved:)

6 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Nice ride - I thought you said winter had arrived and you'd be indoors a lot now. Looks like a beautiful day.

BTW, do you have Flow State Optimization enabled (I think that's what it is called)? There are a lot of jerky (technical term) movements in this video which I would not expect from the Insta360.

Ooh I'll have a look but it might be the way i edit it i use the veiw finder i find it easier to use I'm getting new phone with good specs i don't know if will render it better , I'm a total noob at editing that's why i got the insta it pretty easy , I've been testing the insta different ways so prevent stitching showing when the sun shines here in the UK the sun is never above you it's always low so shine directly at you but I'm learning ,,, winter is arriving but we do get sunny days i was wearing 3 thermal vests and thermal long johns? undereath my protection gear it was a nice day when wrapped up sensible? thanks ....ps! the video is smooth as butter till i edit it  I'll try improve my editing?? i can make any camera look bad ???

Edited by stephen

6 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

There are a lot of jerky (technical term) movements in this video which I would not expect from the Insta360.

I'll upload the same video using pivot points it will be smooth i need to do it for me now too??

5 hours ago, Vicky Huang said:

MsuperX:1600Wh 72V;Over speed protection:Only Buzzer;BT music:Without any speaker;Illuminating  Light:1 pcs x 3W

Do you know the difference of these two models?This file can help you to choose!

18L VS Gotway.xls

Your info is wrong. MSX is 84V. It's not difficult to choose, I chose the KS, but then I was asked to pay 80 euros for larger pedals, something I thought I was getting in the first place and something the US buyers are getting for free, and that is an unreasonable amount. The standard pedals cost 26 euros, and the larger pedals are 50% bigger, so the asking price shouldn't be higher than 39 euros. It's just an annoying and stupid way of doing business. I still haven't decided. I've made an offer of what I am willing to pay for the larger pedals, and if I get a yes from eunicycles.eu, then I'll buy the XL, if I get a no, then I'll cancel the order and buy the MSX.

Disregard the pricing. 26 euros is for 1 pedal. The math should be something like this: I've already payed for the standard pedals, so if the upgrade should be fair you can take 26x2+50%=78 the price for the larger pedals, and then subtract the price for the standard sized 78- 52= 26 euros for the upgrade.

Edited by Espen R

2 minutes ago, Espen R said:

he standard pedals cost 26 euros, and the larger pedals are 50% bigger, so the asking price shouldn't be higher than 39 euros. It's just an ann

Hy,

just out of interest...where are the pedals for 29 Euro? I am pretty sure thats only the price for one...

4 minutes ago, US69 said:

Hy,

just out of interest...where are the pedals for 29 Euro? I am pretty sure thats only the price for one...

My bad, 26 euros for 1. Still though, if I get the larger pedals and the vendor keeps the standard pedals, then it should be possible to offer a more reasonable price for the upgrade.

11 minutes ago, US69 said:

Hy,

@US69, any idea where to get these larger pedals from in Europe? I checked my reseller (Kingsong Europe), and they don’t have them ?.

9 minutes ago, Espen R said:

Swedish customs are hard on any goods from china, so its not worth the risk. 85% tax, 25% VAT and a handling fee.

Exept the good wont come from China but from Holland when it will be sent to be custom cleared first and where taxes are lower than in all EU.

Thats why goods from China are cheap.

I live in France, you think our customs are nicer to China's imports ? :)

You should sent a message to the Ali Vendor whos btw is one of the most well known (even on this forum...) and reliable of all and ask about taxes if sent to your country.

2 minutes ago, Espen R said:

My bad, 26 euros for 1. Still though, if I get the larger pedals and the vendor keeps the standard pedals, then it should be possible to offer a more reasonable price for the upgrade.

First:

I absolutly understand your anger!

But just to mention it: The thought that the US buyers get those pedals for totally  free is just wrong...

Jason decided to sponsor/pay the development and tools for the larger pedals, so he is now kinda „owning“ them...and believe me, they are most probably included in the selling price somewhere else. So all other vendors now have to buy the larger pedals....

And to the price. i havent seen any 2 set pedal of (quallity) wheels going for anything under about 80/100 dollar.

Again:

i know that doesnt help anything...but just to explain it a bit....

1 minute ago, em1barns said:

@US69, any idea where to get these larger pedals from in Europe? I checked my reseller (Kingsong Europe), and they don’t have them ?.

My guess is they dont have them until NOW....or they decided to not stock them. They are in production right now!

If you are interested in them contact Tina directly at tina@szkingsong.com..

She should be able to sell them or to give you contact who stocks them!

1 minute ago, Vanzen said:

Exept the good wont come from China but from Holland when it will be sent to be custom cleared first and where taxes are lower than in all EU.

Thats why goods from China are cheap.

I live in France, you think our customs are nicer to China's imports ? :)

You should sent a message to the Ali Vendor whos btw is one of the most well known (even on this forum...) and reliable of all and ask about taxes if sent to your country.

That doesn't always work. Swedish customs are mean. I might look into it and send a message to the vendor. Thanks for the info!

1 minute ago, US69 said:

First:

I absolutly understand your anger!

But just to mention it: The thought that the US buyers get those pedals for totally  free is just wrong...

Jason decided to sponsor/pay the development and tools for the larger pedals, so he is now kinda „owning“ them...and believe me, they are most probably included in the selling price somewhere else. So all other vendors now have to buy the larger pedals....

And to the price. i havent seen any 2 set pedal of (quallity) wheels going for anything under about 80/100 dollar.

Again:

i know that doesnt help anything...but just to explain it a bit....

Thank you for understanding:) I know the price the vendors have to pay is 60 euros, but if the vendors keeps the standard sized pedals, which I already have payed for, I shouldn't have to pay full price. I did som clumsy math in an edited post further up.

23 minutes ago, Espen R said:

Swedish customs are hard on any goods from china, so its not worth the risk. 85% tax, 25% VAT and a handling fee.

110% tax plus fees? :shock2:

Wow. Living where I do, paying zero taxes and fees on EUC's, that's a painful amount of taxes. I feel for you.

3 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Wow. Living where I do, paying zero taxes and fees on EUC's, that's a painful amount of taxes. I feel for you.

4 minutes ago, Espen R said:

That doesn't always work. Swedish customs are mean. I might look into it and send a message to the vendor. Thanks for the info!

Thank you for understanding:) I know the price the vendors have to pay is 60 euros, but if the vendors keeps the standard sized pedals, which I already have payed for, I shouldn't have to pay full price. I did som clumsy math in an edited post further up.

I got shipped my KS16S directly from China to Hungary, they have lowest taxes in EU and it cost about 900€ including everything (transportation, VAT, customs)! :-)

14 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Yes, its pretty steep if you do it by the law or get caught trying to avoid the law. We are generally taxed high, 32% on income and 25% VAT for goods, 12,5% VAT for food. But we do get basically free health care and education, and we are well taken care of if we loose our jobs or get disabled. I'm happy to pay these taxes, cause I know people less fortunate than me get the help they need, and if Fortuna decides to teach me a lesson, I know I'll be taken care of. 

Edited by Espen R

But but ... at worst you ll pay the 25% VAT + custom clearing taxes to UPS, thats all.

You are not cheating or anything, you order from a perfectly legitimate site. And its writen  in their general condition that your aware that you might have to pay those taxes. Then its not your problem if THEY manage to cheat your customs, you didnt ask for it,  its a grey area here.

Btw I saw comments from happy 2 Swedish customers ...

Edited by Vanzen

3 minutes ago, Vanzen said:

But but ... at worst you ll pay the 25% VAT + custom clearing taxes to UPS, thats all.

You are not cheating or anything, you order from a perfectly legitimate site. And its writen  in their general condition that your aware that you might have to pay those taxes. Then its not your problem if THEY manage to cheat your customs, you didnt ask for it,  its a grey area here.

Btw I saw comments from happy 2 Swedish customers ...

Yes I know it's a grey area, but they are trying to stop this, so 25% VAT is almost guarantied, and then the price is about the same as buying it from Europe, which is also more convenient if something goes wrong with the wheel. 

1 minute ago, Vanzen said:

Its your country, you know better :)

Good luck ! 

Well, I live here, but I am a Sami born in Norway:) I used to buy a lot of things from China, but this spring they got new rules. I know it still could work, but for something this expensive I think it is safer to buy from Europe. 

1 minute ago, Espen R said:

Yeah, understand it....

What i can also say is that custom and taxes for ALL european sellers are a pain in the ....

So at least i get the math of Richard....by knowing him i can only say he is not trying to get superrich by that ;-)

13 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Both wheels, 18XL and MSX, have the exact same battery size. 120 cells at 3500mAh each. A lot of people seem to think there's a difference somehow.

120 * 3.5Ah * 3.7V nominal = 1554Wh = "1600"Wh when you are Gotway.

gotway number is misleading.  they should really fix that.

16 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

The MSX wheel/tire is huge. How does it compare to the XL. I assume that the XL wheel/tire is the same as the L. I think of the 18L as being closer to the MSuper V3s+. The MSX tire is very impressive.

I can totally believe that the L/XL is a more svelte wheel next to the MSX. I see it as being different but not necessarily better.

I don't agree that the wheel is a significant difference.  3" vs 2.5".  I can barely tell the difference.  In terms of ride, i much prefer the ergonomics of the 18L.  No pinch point like the boxy MSX.  I prefer the lower angle of the 18L pedals vs the extreme V of the MSX.  I also prefer the trolley handle on the 18L.  The 18L is also more nimble.  So far, the only plus of the MSX is the seat for me.  the 18L also have a cut off handle.  MSX doesn't.  But I don't use that. 

I know plenty who love the MSX.  But I've not been bitten by that bug.  Maybe because I've experience something in my opinion is better in every which way.  Except the lack of the seat.  LOL

10 minutes ago, US69 said:

Yeah, understand it....

What i can also say is that custom and taxes for ALL european sellers are a pain in the ....

So at least i get the math of Richard....by knowing him i can only say he is not trying to get superrich by that ;-)

If I pay 80 euros for the larger pedals, then I have payed for 4 pedals, and I get to keep 2. The standard pedals cost 52 euros for a pair, so the logical price for an upgrade shouldn't be more than 30 euros.

39 minutes ago, Espen R said:

Yes, its pretty steep if you do it by the law or get caught trying to avoid the law. We are generally taxed high, 32% on income and 25% VAT for goods, 12,5% VAT for food. But we do get basically free health care and education, and we are well taken care of if we loose our jobs or get disabled. I'm happy to pay these taxes, cause I know people less fortunate than me get the help they need, and if Fortuna decides to teach me a lesson, I know I'll be taken care of. 

I prefer the "leave me alone I'll take care of myself" approach to life. But I know this is a European vs America thing.

8 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

I don't agree that the wheel is a significant difference.  3" vs 2.5".  I can barely tell the difference.  In terms of ride, i much prefer the ergonomics of the 18L.  No pinch point like the boxy MSX.  I prefer the lower angle of the 18L pedals vs the extreme V of the MSX.  I also prefer the trolley handle on the 18L.  The 18L is also more nimble.  So far, the only plus of the MSX is the seat for me.  the 18L also have a cut off handle.  MSX doesn't.  But I don't use that. 

I know plenty who love the MSX.  But I've not been bitten by that bug.  Maybe because I've experience something in my opinion is better in every which way.  Except the lack of the seat.  LOL

It's no surprise :shock2: that you prefer the 18L. I could have written this post for you ;)